SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#69847 - 01/22/10 10:12 AM Seperate sound setting
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
For the first time I connected a seperate amplifier to the SUB OUT output and adjusted seperate out setting (in sound menu) to have drums and bass by the seperate amplifier. This sounds great.
Unfortunate this setting is overwritten each time I load a song from sd-card.
Sofar I could not find a way to protect this setting.
Does anyone know how to achieve this?

#69848 - 01/22/10 04:11 PM Re: Seperate sound setting
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Many years ago I had this problem and my local Dealer set it all up for me and then saved it to a Floppy Disk (which was the only saving device available at that time).
When I wanted to use it, all I did was load the disk first, before doing anything else. It worked fine, but whether this method would work today is a different matter as technology has moved on since then.

I think I would make my setup and save it to a separate Panel Memory or Bank (depending on what you're doing) then Press the blue button in the centre of the PMs and hold down for a second and you will see the screen change. Make sure you're in the EXPAND MODE (it should be highlighted) then go to page 2 where you will see options to Have any of the Filters listed, 'ON' or 'OFF'
I would have the 'Rhythm Section' to 'ON' but I have to say this may not be what you're looking for. Anyway, try them all 'On' and 'Off' and see if any of them work for you. If they do, just re-save the current song to the SD Card and it should then load your 'saved set' everytime you use the song/rhythm on that card.

If it doesn't work, I dare say someone will know of an easier way, just give your post time to be read by our other helpful members. I'm sure you will get the answer to your question very soon.

Audrey

#69849 - 01/23/10 12:19 AM Re: Seperate sound setting
HarryG Offline

Loc: Germany
Hello Bert,

this is quite easy.

Then pressure on the right the key Customize, then in the display "Midi Setting Load Option" changes "From Registration Fil und Sequencer Song" on "NO".

Read in addition in the operating instructions the page 185.

Moreover, you can come along "Midi Presets2 as you want to have your settings.
In addition key progrief menu - Midi - Midi Presets page 3.

#69850 - 01/23/10 05:52 AM Re: Seperate sound setting
Bert Aarts Offline

Thanks Audry and Harry for your quick reply!

Audry:
I know your suggestion will work but it is not very efficient: each time I load a file I have to change Seperate Sound Setting and resave the file with the modifed Current Panel. I have to do this for thousands of files. I also have to do this each time I download new files from the internet. I am looking for a way to protect this setting but unfortunate Dataprotection and Expand Filtering does not include Seperate Sound Setting.

Harry:
I do not understand your suggestion because I never use Midi and to my opinion this has nothing to do with Midi. Maybe I am wrong but I do not have knowledge of this.

Bert

[This message has been edited by Bert Aarts (edited 01-23-2010).]

#69851 - 02/16/10 04:11 PM Re: Seperate sound setting
Audrey Turner Offline

Hello Bert,

I've two more suggestions for you which are:-

Suggestion 1:
In the 'Expand Mode' screen, (page 2), on the right hand side of screen under the 'Filter Type' I was wondering whether switching OFF, or ON the 'Part' would work for you.

Suggestion 2:
If you Press SD SAVE, Technics Format, Page 2. You will see various functions which can be saved or not, by switching them 'on' or 'off' and if you only want to save one item it is quicker to Press 'ALL Off' (at the bottom right of screen) which obviously switches all to 'No' then, by using the up/down buttons at bottom of screen, you can choose the function(s) you wish to save e.g. pressing the UP button under the pads will produce the word 'yes' which of course means the pads only, will be saved, everything else will not.

So in theory (and I haven't tried it yet) if when you've put in a another SD Card and press LOAD, page 2, you should be able to switch 'OFF' the relevant function and it will not be loaded, but everything else with 'YES' showing will be. (I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.

TIP: if something is/isn't saved as I expected, I always look at this section first before spending time trying to trace the problem as often, one of these functions will be switched 'OFF' and only needs to be switched 'ON' and re-saved.

Hope this helps.

Audrey

[This message has been edited by Audrey Turner (edited 02-16-2010).]

#69852 - 02/17/10 03:07 AM Re: Seperate sound setting
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
This happened to me on a job. I was using a 50’s midi file and the bass and drums disappeared, a bit embracing. I never used that set up again.

Since the midi file contains the data which is changing the keyboard Isn’t possible to re-save the midi file with the data you want avoiding future mishaps?

John C.

#69853 - 02/17/10 06:51 AM Re: Seperate sound setting
Bert Aarts Offline

Thanks Audrey and Bruno for responding but I'm afraid that there is no solution.

Audrey:
Suggestion 1: There is no filteroption in expand mode to exclude separate sound setting.
Suggestion 2: To my opinion the seperate sound setting (page 159 of manual) is part of the current panel setting which can only be saved by saving current panel.
Current panel can be excluded from loading from/saving to disc or SD but other settings, like split point, equalizer, and many other are than excluded as well. So this is no option.

Bruno: to my opinion this has nothing to do with midi settgings.

I'm afraid that I have to live with it. I will have to do this setting everytime I want it or resave every file with my preferred setting.
Maybe Alec/Technics player (the expert on KN7) can confirm this?

#69854 - 02/17/10 07:20 AM Re: Seperate sound setting
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Bruno: to my opinion this has nothing to do with midi settings.

Bert, my logic is being challenged here. I used the subs to send the sound as you did and for 1 ½ there was no change in my setup, as soon as I played the midi file the settings changed. I tried the same at home and got the same results. This only happened with certain midi files. Was something else going on, I don’t know.

After that I used a BBE and an EQ to come a little closer to what I wanted.

Good luck, John C.

#69855 - 02/17/10 04:39 PM Re: Seperate sound setting
Audrey Turner Offline

You are right in what you say when saving the Panel Only (Nomal Mode), and this is why I always use the 'Expand' Mode because it saves everything under the 'PERFORMANCE'
feature, whereas if you have the 'Normal' highlighted, only the Panel Memory is saved.
I know saving everything in the Expand mode uses a lot of memory, but like John C, I would try to load a song and something would be missing which invariably turned out to be caused by a function being ticked (or not) so I decided it would be safer in the long run to save using the Expand Mode (All Performances) and it works very well for me.
Mind you! I don't change much of anything, mainly just 'tweaking' so maybe what you are doing, cannot be saved in this way. I'm sure Alec will know. He is a Technics expert and has helped me a great deal to understand my keyboards for which, I am greatly indebted to him.

If you are reading this Alec, thank you again for all your help over the years, it is much appreciated.

Audrey

#69856 - 02/18/10 05:01 AM Re: Seperate sound setting
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bert Aarts:
Maybe Alec/Technics player (the expert on KN7) can confirm this?

All my setups load with panel memory 1, which is effectively the same as current panel.

If that is the case it is simply a matter of loading from page 2 with current panel NO and pressing panel memory 1 as soon as the load is completed.

Other required parameters such as split point etc will be restored as required, but the sub out setting will not have changed.

A specific filter was on my improvements list for the KN8000 to avoid this procedure but that's all history now.

You're welcome, Audrey

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online