SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#69827 - 01/14/10 11:59 AM Re: 7K TEMPO WHEEL IS SLIPPING
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
BOB....
Okay! Great "show & tell"! Thank you so much for your wonderful help.... Again!

I have all those pages marked with notes now. Hopefully, if/when the need arises, I will be able to get to all of this with no problem... Not only do I need my reading glasses, but also the little magnifying glass, to see all those little letters and numbers!

I am sure I have suggested this before....That I would love for you to get yourself a nice RV and come out here to NM and be my neighbor!! I have a nice well insulated room that could be a great jam room!

Hope you are warm and comfortable over there on the east side of our country. Thanks again and again... You are as always, a wonderful help!

Hugs, Elizabeth

#69828 - 01/14/10 02:07 PM Re: 7K TEMPO WHEEL IS SLIPPING
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Elizabeth, All the advice you have been given - especially by Bob - not to try to effect the repair/replacement yourself, is good! Don't attempt it is also my advice............

If you wish to change the tempo until such time as you can get it repaired, you could also use the 'Tap Tempo' button - not quite as easy the wheel, but with a little practise it can be done......... Just tap the button at the tempo you feel is right for a particular song/tune.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#69829 - 01/14/10 03:01 PM Re: 7K TEMPO WHEEL IS SLIPPING
etwo4788 Offline

Hi BILL....

Wouldn't that kinda interfere with the rhythms that I use when I play?

Maybe I am misunderstanding your message?

Elizabeth....

#69830 - 01/14/10 05:38 PM Re: 7K TEMPO WHEEL IS SLIPPING
Lindoz Offline

Loc: Torshalla, Sweden
Get a cheap MIDI control you via a cable, can connect to the KN7000 and control almost all functions

Lindoz

#69831 - 01/15/10 01:39 AM Re: 7K TEMPO WHEEL IS SLIPPING
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi Elizabeth,
I would take these options as suggested....
1) use tap tempo, or
2)use Kn7 no2 and transfer your preferred files with appropriate tempos to KN7 no.1, then store on SD card.
3) leave the rest alone, until you find a suitable technician.
Just MHO
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#69832 - 01/15/10 03:27 AM Re: 7K TEMPO WHEEL IS SLIPPING
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Elizabeth,
I didn't mean that you should use that method to alter the tempo, if you were actually playing live at a gig or at home - that would cause some problems.

Let's say that you have loaded a song/tune and you are playing/reviewing the song, but you feel that the tempo is a little slower or faster than you would like. Stop playing and make a note of the tempo shown on the KN7000 screen. Now tap the 'Tap Tempo' button at the tempo you would prefer, and you will see the new Tempo indicated on the screen. Try playing again and if you feel it's now OK then just save it back to your SD Card. If it's still not quite as you would like it, just repeat the process..... Next time you load the song from SD Card, it will of course be at the revised tempo

Alternatively, as suggested by other friends, you could use your second KN7000 to effect the tempo changes.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#69833 - 01/22/10 01:51 PM Re: 7K TEMPO WHEEL IS SLIPPING
jd5live Offline

Loc: Bilston , West Midlands,Englan...
hi,I have just checked the item I had to replace it is made by ALPS electronics it is also marked with an H with 24 indents ( this will mean something to you your Engineer) Hope this will help you and any other Zoners who will have this problem in the future

best regards John.

#69834 - 01/23/10 08:18 AM Re: 7K TEMPO WHEEL IS SLIPPING
etwo4788 Offline

JOHN.....

Thank you for the information about ABS electronics.... I will check that Company out to see if the part is available! If so will get one or two to have on hand for replacement.

All of you have been very helpful in answering my challenge...

Thanks to all of you.... wish you could all be my next door neighbors....

Elizabeth

------------------

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online