SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#69711 - 12/17/09 05:40 PM Please Help with KN5000 Built-in Styles in CMP Format
Buddy Offline

Loc: London, UK
Could any SZ forum member please help me with KN5000 built-in Styles in 'CMP' format (i.e. the original format). I have the styles but they are in 'CST' format which I find unsuitable for my need.

Someone suggested that if I copy the built-in styles from my KN5000 onto a floppy disc using the keyboard's floppy disc drive, they would be saved onto the floppy disc in the desired CMP format. Unfortunately, I have no knowledge of the procedure for achieving this. As an alternative, could anyone knowledgeable in this area please provide me with the steps to achieve this - if it is possible to do so.

Thanks to members for always helping.

Buddy

#69712 - 12/17/09 07:02 PM Re: Please Help with KN5000 Built-in Styles in CMP Format
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
See Pattern Copy at page 107 of your KN5000 manual. After you copy the built in style to the composer simply save the composer file to disk.

Be sure to select "All" for the pattern to copy all the variations of the style.

[This message has been edited by Bob Hendershot (edited 12-17-2009).]

#69713 - 12/18/09 01:33 AM Re: Please Help with KN5000 Built-in Styles in CMP Format
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Not sure why CST format - e.g. custom styles - are unsuitable for your need, Buddy...they work just the same as built in normal styles?

#69714 - 12/18/09 03:06 AM Re: Please Help with KN5000 Built-in Styles in CMP Format
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
Hi Buddy,
You can download all styles from KN2 up to KN65 in CMP-format from Bill Norries website: http://www.willumspages.co.uk/page8.html

Bert

#69715 - 12/18/09 03:30 AM Re: Please Help with KN5000 Built-in Styles in CMP Format
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Buddy,

Did you not get my reply to your email? I described the process in that email........

Bert, as I already explained to Buddy (by email), the files on my website are in KN7000 CMP format which will not work on a KN5000.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#69716 - 12/18/09 04:38 AM Re: Please Help with KN5000 Built-in Styles in CMP Format
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
Hi Bill,
Sorry, I was not aware of this.
Bert

#69717 - 12/18/09 06:17 AM Re: Please Help with KN5000 Built-in Styles in CMP Format
Bob Hendershot Offline

Buddy, often when the answers people get to their questions don't seem to be what they want to hear, it is because the objective of the question was not understood.

I can only think of two reasons to want to copy internal styles. The first is to edit the style to change instrumentation or something similar. The second is to extract that style from the keyboard and use it with a different keyboard. You say that the custom file format is not suitable for your need. If you explain what you are trying to accomplish, you may get more satisfactory answers.

#69718 - 12/18/09 06:28 AM Re: Please Help with KN5000 Built-in Styles in CMP Format
RMepstead Offline

Exacory....

#69719 - 12/18/09 12:58 PM Re: Please Help with KN5000 Built-in Styles in CMP Format
Buddy Offline

Loc: London, UK
Thanks everyone for your kind suggestions. I am sorry Bob that I might not have been very clear in my initial Post.

I need to extract the styles, convert them for use in a different keyboard. The KN5 built-in styles files that I currently have on my pc hard-drive are in the CST format. I am told that I can only convert them for use in a different keyboard if the styles are in CMP format.

Meanwhile, Bill had suggested the procedure also suggested by Bob, i.e. copying the styles (using the KN5000 keyboard) into Composer and then saving onto a floppy disk. It is possible I'm doing something wrong! After using the PATTERN copy feature to copy the styles, I get stuck with the next step of copying them from there onto floppy disks. I guess I require further help with the procedure, please, as the manual is silent on this.

Again, thanks all for your help.

Buddy

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Hendershot:
Buddy, often when the answers people get to their questions don't seem to be what they want to hear, it is because the objective of the question was not understood.

I can only think of two reasons to want to copy internal styles. The first is to edit the style to change instrumentation or something similar. The second is to extract that style from the keyboard and use it with a different keyboard. You say that the custom file format is not suitable for your need. If you explain what you are trying to accomplish, you may get more satisfactory answers.

#69720 - 12/18/09 01:17 PM Re: Please Help with KN5000 Built-in Styles in CMP Format
Bob Hendershot Offline

What keyboard are you trying to use with the KN5000 styles?

If you are trying to use the KN5000 styles with your KN7000, the following is applicable.

Do you have the Technics software that came with your KN7000 installed in your computer? If you have the Song Manager software working in your computer, you should use the "Total-KN7000-64.ZIP" file at Bill Norrie's site to obtain the KN5000 files for your KN7000. It is a simple matter of downloading the zip file, unzipping it and then restoring the files to a blank SD card with the Song Manager. You will get other stuff but it is all useful.

#69721 - 12/18/09 02:59 PM Re: Please Help with KN5000 Built-in Styles in CMP Format
RMepstead Offline

I think you are talking about converting custom styles for use in a different manufacturers make of keyboard such as Yamaha, probably...am I right?

#69722 - 12/19/09 09:46 AM Re: Please Help with KN5000 Built-in Styles in CMP Format
Lindoz Offline

Loc: Torshalla, Sweden
For both the KN6000 and KN7000, you can copy a song which holds composerstyles to the sequencer via the "Composer to sequencer mode". I do not know if this option are on the KN5000? If you have copied the style up a pattern sequencer, it's just as easy to copy parts of the sequencerprogram in terms of rate of four to eight bars in a different composer like Yamaha, Roland etc. which uses MIDI.
Lindoz

#69723 - 12/19/09 09:59 AM Re: Please Help with KN5000 Built-in Styles in CMP Format
Bob Hendershot Offline

Yes, Lindoz the KN5000 has that function.

But in this case, since Buddy previously said he had a KN7000, he can use the file at Bill's site to create KN7000 composer files. That process will give him not only the composer file but also the long song name for the files. Alec did a lot of work for us when he created that back up file. If Buddy goes via floppy disk, he will be limited to the six characters available for the file name for use of the disk.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online