SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#69634 - 12/05/09 12:07 AM My Kn7000 -- Tyros 3 Story
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I wrote this in response to Alex Green’s Letter. It was 3AM when I put my feelings on paper and I was in touch with my own story. I thought I would share it.

John C.

Alex,
That’s life’s sad story we spend the last 12 years falling in love with something then we have it no longer. The excitement of awaiting the new Kn model is no longer here. In my search I have bought and sold a Tyros1, Tyros2, Psr 2100. Psr 3000 and now I own a Tyros3.

None of these keyboards are a good replacement for the Kn7000, nor are they replacement for the Kn8000 that never came – but then again my present wife was not a good replacement for my wife that passed away 16 years ago. In our 14 year marriage I have found not a replacement for my late wife but someone who is different, who is very special in her own right. We are now enjoying one great enjoyable relationship/marriage, she is my joy. And so goes the story of my Tyros 3 keyboard, I am learning that it is different, I am learning to fully enjoy it. I no longer waste time comparing.

Alex, I still have the CD you set me years back, Take care, John C.

#69635 - 12/05/09 12:26 PM Re: My Kn7000 -- Tyros 3 Story
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I couldn't have put it better myself Bruno.
When I learned Technics were finishing with the keyboards, I could have cried but, like you, I felt that I ought to be doing something about a replacement and as you all know - 'screaming and kicking' as the saying goes, I purchased a Tyros 3. If it wasn't for the kind help of members of the Yamaha Forum and indeed, this lovely Forum, I would have sent it back within days. It has been such a stressful time learning the new
'unfriendly user' system but is now proving very rewarding. I am beginning to understand the system better now which in turn, makes the playing of the keyboard more enjoyable. For me, it will never replace my KN7000, but I have to admit the keyboard itself is a beautiful instrument in a very different way to the KN7000. Two things in particular appeal to me 1) the touchand feel of the keys is lighter and 2) it has some lovely on-board piano and strings. I have been lucky enough to acquire the KN7000 styles/patterns which have been converted to play on the T3 and are saved to the hard drive and that is a real the joy! I now have the best of both Worlds.

To be honest, I never thought I would ever say this, but the more I play the T3, the more I warm to it. It is totally different to the KN7000 but nonetheless enjoyable.

Audrey

#69636 - 12/06/09 08:10 AM Re: My Kn7000 -- Tyros 3 Story
Buddy Offline

Loc: London, UK
Hi Audrey

I read your Post as I usually do, and found something of special interest to me. You indicated that you 'acquired the KN7000 Styles/Patterns which have been converted to play on the T3'. I didn't know that was available! Beautiful. I am interested in those, and should be glad if you would please let me know where I can get the KN7000 Styles/Patterns converted for use with T3.

Do you know if it is also possible possible to get some of the KN5000 styles/Patterns converted for use with T3. I still find some of the KN5000 styles/patters very valuable.

Thanks Audrey.

Buddy

#69637 - 12/16/09 01:24 PM Re: My Kn7000 -- Tyros 3 Story
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hi Audrey,

I am also interested with these styles. Which styles are these in particular?

------------------

#69638 - 12/30/09 11:45 PM Re: My Kn7000 -- Tyros 3 Story
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
http://psrtutorial.com/sty/keyboards/technics.html

Here are some. If you have a Yamaha, this is THE place to go first.

#69639 - 12/31/09 05:03 PM Re: My Kn7000 -- Tyros 3 Story
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Yes Buddy and Fred - Scott's web address is the site I downloaded my converted KN7 styles from and 99% play exactly, the rest are just slightly different which I would say is due to the 'makeup' of the Tyros 3. However, they are still excellent styles and patterns. All can be 'tweaked' to your taste so there is every reason for you to download these styles.

There is a very helpful .pdf file listing the details of name, beat and tempo, which can also be downloaded.

Have fun! Audrey

#69640 - 01/09/10 01:15 PM Re: My Kn7000 -- Tyros 3 Story
Chris Housley Offline

I agree , i miss my KN7000 BUT i do enjoy the Tyros 2 that i have.. It has some more Pleasant sounds and a better feel of keyboard.. Chris..

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online