SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#69623 - 12/04/09 08:45 AM Some songs
The Leans Offline

Loc: Birmingham, England
I have uploaded 10 of my sequenced recordings onto the 4shared website. The link is:- http://search.4shared.com/network/search.jsp?searchmode=2&searchName=Colin+Leaney

This is my first attempt at doing so. - Which may mean that the above link is either wrong, or unnecessarily lengthy. ? - So, excuse my computer ignorance.

If anybody cares to listen to them, you have my best wishes for a full recovery. ! I suggest paracetamol ! - Seriously though, they are a mixture of 'medleys/montages', and in many instances have a theme. - For example, 'The Trout' is designed to make Mr Franz Schubert turn in his grave. !! - 'USA South' is intended to be a tribute to that Genre of songs. - 'Gershwin Forever' is also intended as a tribute to that fabulous composer.
I hope you enjoy them. All have been sequenced on my K7, with all the individual tracks played by me in real-time. And with all my own arrangements. - I have also included a seasonal medley, which helps me in extending to you all my very best seasonal greetings. - Cheers,

Colin.

#69624 - 12/04/09 10:39 AM Re: Some songs
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
The Link works fine Colin Thoroughly enjoyed listening to your interpretations of these 'Good Oldies'.

Best Wishes to You and Marina for the coming festive season..........

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#69625 - 12/04/09 05:14 PM Re: Some songs
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Colin ... I find your arrangements most enjoyable ... and to think that this comes from a player who doesn't read music ...
Could reading be a hindrance? ...
Thank you,
t.

#69626 - 12/04/09 05:14 PM Re: Some songs
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
So Colin, what would the ability to read notes add to music? My favorite, “The Summer of 42”. I will be adding all your songs to my traveling I-pod, it goes with me everywhere.

Colin, a special thank you for sharing your music – and if there were any thoughts of you slowing down in your music stop to think of the people you are blessing. Your music is unique and you have captured the feeling very well.

John C.

#69627 - 12/05/09 12:12 AM Re: Some songs
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tony mads usa:
[B]Colin ... I find your arrangements most enjoyable ... and to think that this comes from a player who doesn't read music ...
Could reading be a hindrance? ...
Thank you,

Tony,
I feel music can be a hindrance only if you allow it. It is the player’s need to be secure and correct that ties them to the written note. If you have Colin’s heart all things are possible.

John C.

#69628 - 12/05/09 03:18 AM Re: Some songs
The Leans Offline

Loc: Birmingham, England
Tony - Re:- 'Reading a possible hindrance'. ?

I feel that the ability to sit down and rattle off a piece of Chopin, is something I envy. - We ear players may have the advantage of sitting down at anytime, and playing anything from 'Won't You Come Home Bill bailey' to 'Laura', but what wouldn't I give to sit down and play the Rachmaninovs of this world. !!

However, playing by ear does seem to have one decided advantage:- Namely 'PHRASING' - Beats in a bar mean nothing to an ear player. You 'phrase' the notes in any bar to the shape and length you want. It's called 'freedom of expression'. And 'JAZZ'.

My thanks to Bill and John for your kind comments. Glad you liked 'Summer Of 42' John. It's a beautiful song, which I think was composed by Michel Le Grand. - Cheers,

Colin

#69629 - 12/05/09 08:14 AM Re: Some songs
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
COLIN....How wonderful to hear your beautiful music! Thank you so much for sharing with us....

Seasons greetings to you and dear Marina...

Hugs, Elizabeth

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online