SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#69606 - 12/03/09 04:14 AM Tremelo speed
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Re tremelo speed as nobody replied to my query " Is it possible to alter the speed of the tremelo in the drawbar section other than slow or fast settings"? I take it is not possible
Derek

#69607 - 12/03/09 06:20 AM Re: Tremelo speed
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Derek,
I had a look at the tremelo facility on the Drawbar section of the KN7000 and have come to the conclusion that it only allows Fast or Slow, within that particular sound selection. I suppose that it's the same as a physical Leslie Rotary speaker system, which only allows these two settings...............

There may be way to get around this limitation by taking other routes through sound and effects selections, but I've not explored these possibilities.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#69608 - 12/03/09 06:26 AM Re: Tremelo speed
D.Munson Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
Hi Derek,
I had a look at the tremelo facility on the Drawbar section of the KN7000 and have come to the conclusion that it only allows Fast or Slow, within that particular sound selection. I suppose that it's the same as a physical Leslie Rotary speaker system, which only allows these two settings...............

There may be way to get around this limitation by taking other routes through sound and effects selections, but I've not explored these possibilities.

Thanks Bill for your reply, the reason I qeried it is because on some Yamaha organs there was this facility. Derek

#69609 - 12/06/09 01:32 PM Re: Tremelo speed
technicskn2000 Offline

Loc: Coventry, England
Hi Derek, I have a kn6000 and yes you can alter the tremolo speed. I think the kn7000 is the same. Set up your drawbars then press program menu on this page press reverb and effect button then press dsp on this page then using the arrows highlight tremolo this will then give you eight different speeds of tremolo to have a go with. Hope this helps you.

#69610 - 12/06/09 06:05 PM Re: Tremelo speed
Bill Norrie Offline

Hi Derek,
Whilst I agree that Tim's method will result in different Tremelo speeds, you will lose the ability to have the Fast / Slow control using a footswitch or the Variation button under the DSP Part Effect, because you would not be using one of the Rotary Speaker effects.

Having 'played' around some more with your original requirement, I've found that there is indeed a way to change several of the Rotary Speaker settings, including Fast and Slow speeds, 'Wind Up' and 'Wind Down' times, Depth of effect and other parameters. However, there appears to be a problem with saving any changes made to these parameters. I've tried changing and saving the setting on both my KN7000s but the problem is the same on both keyboards. Perhaps other users could try changing the parameters to see if they experience the same problem.

Here's what I did :

1. Select Digital Drawbars.
2. Press Program Menus > Reverb and Effect > Sound DSP. Check that the Sound DSP LED is lit but the Variation LED is not lit.
3. Scroll through options and select 'Rotary Speaker' and select one of the 7 options eg 'Standard'.
4. Press Lower Left button 'EDIT'
5. You should now see a list of 14 parameters on the Right of the screen, together with their current Values (scroll down to see all parameters).
6. Try altering some of the parameter values - for example the Slow speeds of the Treble and Bass rotors.
7. Select a location in the 'Effect Memory List' eg Location 1 then press 'NAMING'
8. Enter a name of your choice eg 'My Leslie' and press OK
9.Press 'Write' and this presumably should save the changed parameters in the 'Effect Memory List' location 1 - You should see the name change in Location 1.
Playing notes in the Right hand, you should be able to hear the change of the Slow rotor speed.

However, if you press the Variation button to change the effect to the Fast rotor, any and all the parameters which have been changed, revert to their preset values!! It is as if the changed parameters have not been saved..........

I've tried to find the cause of this, but so far, I've drawn a blank There must be some way of saving these changed parameters, otherwise there would be no point in providing the editing facility.

The basic procedure is described on page 43 of the KN7000 User Manual but it just doesn't seem to work on any of the selected effects. As soon as you select the Variation button, any edited values revert to the default value. I checked in the 'Data Protection' settings just in case there was an option there to stop overwriting the default values, but none exists.

I feel I must be missing something here but I can't figure out what it is!!

I wonder if our friend Alec is around ??

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

#69611 - 12/07/09 04:32 AM Re: Tremelo speed
technicsplayer Offline

once you've changed the parameters and written to the effect memory, you must select that effect memory - exit to the list of effects, go down to effect memory, select the new named memory and save to a panel memory. Now if you go back to the edit screen the variation button does not change your edits. Otherwise you're still in standard preset and the variation button will naturally bring back the original values for that preset.

#69612 - 12/07/09 06:47 AM Re: Tremelo speed
Bill Norrie Offline

Thanks a million Alec! - That was the missing step

Aldous Huxley

#69613 - 12/07/09 06:57 AM Re: Tremelo speed
D.Munson Offline

Quote:
Hi Derek,
Whilst I agree that Tim's method will result in different Tremelo speeds, you will lose the ability to have the Fast / Slow control using a footswitch or the Variation button under the DSP Part Effect, because you would not be using one of the Rotary Speaker effects.

Thank you Technics 2000 Bill, and Technics player for your advice. I tried this on my KN2600, but as there in no DSP button it dosen't work. Derek
Having 'played' around some more with your original requirement, I've found that there is indeed a way to change several of the Rotary Speaker settings, including Fast and Slow speeds, 'Wind Up' and 'Wind Down' times, Depth of effect and other parameters. However, there appears to be a problem with saving any changes made to these parameters. I've tried changing and saving the setting on both my KN7000s but the problem is the same on both keyboards. Perhaps other users could try changing the parameters to see if they experience the same problem.

Here's what I did :

1. Select Digital Drawbars.
2. Press Program Menus > Reverb and Effect > Sound DSP. Check that the Sound DSP LED is lit but the Variation LED is not lit.
3. Scroll through options and select 'Rotary Speaker' and select one of the 7 options eg 'Standard'.
4. Press Lower Left button 'EDIT'
5. You should now see a list of 14 parameters on the Right of the screen, together with their current Values (scroll down to see all parameters).
6. Try altering some of the parameter values - for example the Slow speeds of the Treble and Bass rotors.
7. Select a location in the 'Effect Memory List' eg Location 1 then press 'NAMING'
8. Enter a name of your choice eg 'My Leslie' and press OK
9.Press 'Write' and this presumably should save the changed parameters in the 'Effect Memory List' location 1 - You should see the name change in Location 1.
Playing notes in the Right hand, you should be able to hear the change of the Slow rotor speed.

However, if you press the Variation button to change the effect to the Fast rotor, any and all the parameters which have been changed, revert to their preset values!! It is as if the changed parameters have not been saved..........

I've tried to find the cause of this, but so far, I've drawn a blank There must be some way of saving these changed parameters, otherwise there would be no point in providing the editing facility.

The basic procedure is described on page 43 of the KN7000 User Manual but it just doesn't seem to work on any of the selected effects. As soon as you select the Variation button, any edited values revert to the default value. I checked in the 'Data Protection' settings just in case there was an option there to stop overwriting the default values, but none exists.

I feel I must be missing something here but I can't figure out what it is!!

I wonder if our friend Alec is around ??

#69614 - 12/07/09 07:04 AM Re: Tremelo speed
D.Munson Offline

Quote:
Thanks a million Alec! - That was the missing step

Thanks to you Bill,Alec and Technics 2000 for you're instructions. I trisd it on my KN2600, but it is not possible because there is no DSP button.
Derek

#69615 - 12/08/09 03:30 AM Re: Tremelo speed
Bill Norrie Offline

OK Derek, I was under the impression that you were referring to a KN7000...........

I've had a look at the KN2600 User Manual and I think you may be able to change some settings, even though you don't have the DSP button on your KN2600. Have a look at Page 42 of your manual and try editing the 'Standard Rotary' effect..............

Aldous Huxley

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online