SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#69363 - 10/26/09 06:58 PM Re: KN7000
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Ray, I know we are going on a tangent to your original post. Hope you don't mind. But Audrey brought up some stuff that you might find useful as you transition to the new keyboard.

Well . . . You surprised me, Audrey. I thought you used the KN7000’s Favorites to set up your gigs. I guess this could be an interesting direction for this thread to continue. So, let me have a go at trying to explain how I do it.

I use a Music Pad Pro to display my sheet music. It has an option for using a “playlist” for selecting songs. So I set up a list of songs in the sequence that I intend to play. The list usually contains about 50 songs. As I finish a song, a single touch on the right side of the display (or a foot switch) causes the next song sheet to display.

I use the KN7000’s SD Favorites, in which I set up an identical list of songs that I have in the playlist of the Music Pad Pro. I use a new SD load for each song and have the panel memories set up in the sequence that I use them as I progress through the song. The default load gives me panel memories A, B, and C (24 panel memories) that I can use for each song. As I play the song, a foot pedal is used to increment the panel memories at the appropriate time. I have several hundred songs set up like this in my SD card.

So, the process goes something like this: While I am playing the end of a song, I touch the right side of the Music Pad Pro to bring up the next song sheet. I then press the SD button on the KN7000 and then the Favorites button. So, while I am still finishing the first song, I have the next song’s music sheet displayed on the MPP and the KN7000 display shows the list of Favorites songs. When the song ends, I only have to press a single button of the Favorites list to load the next song setup from the SD card.

I can start the next song in three or four seconds.

#69364 - 10/27/09 03:29 AM Re: KN7000
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
G'day Bob,
No sweat, feel free to expand on any of my topics anytime, we all learn from the feed back.
I understand where you are going, which relates to playing to an audience, and It seems a great way to operate.I only have The Gardener to please, and my mates, but that's for free. Gee, Bob they must be very demanding when you are ready to go in about 3 seconds. Even a live dance band would take longer than that to change their music.
Did I tell you about my one and only escapade??
A private N/H employed my services for an hour as Diversional Therapy. I put a fee of $15 on my time just in case it was not as I thought, although i would have done it for no fee if necessary. After six months I was dispensed with. Was I too expensive ????
Maybe the gorilla suit put them off??
Roger, leave that one alone.
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#69365 - 10/27/09 08:26 AM Re: KN7000
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
''ready to go in about 3 seconds. Even a live dance band would take longer than that to change their music.''
Watcha 'em drift off the floor never to return if you take too long between numbers - particularly uptempo stuff where one song really does need to follow straight on from the previous one...
Were you too expensive Ray...naah its more likely that you kept playing the same stuff using the same rhythm each time you went there...Never seen a gorilla playing a keyboard though, interesting...
Rog
Roll on question number 4...like what is/are SD Favorites?

#69366 - 10/27/09 12:58 PM Re: KN7000
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I must disagree, before the song ended we were ready to start the next song, especially if we were going from a ballad to an up-tempo. We began the new song as the last measure of the first song was being played. They were moving on the dance floor and we did not want them to stop.

Ray, every time I try to understand people I end up with more questions than I started with. People on the most part do not know.

And please do not stop posting with your humor I love it, it’s refreshing.

John C.

#69367 - 10/27/09 05:05 PM Re: KN7000
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Quotes : Watcha 'em drift off the floor never to return if you take too long between numbers - particularly uptempo stuff where one song really does need to follow straight on from the previous one...

and........

..... before the song ended we were ready to start the next song, especially if we were going from a ballad to an up-tempo. We began the new song as the last measure of the first song was being played. They were moving on the dance floor and we did not want them to stop.

My point exactly and why I use the method I described above.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#69368 - 10/28/09 05:21 AM Re: KN7000
Jene Offline

Loc: Helena, Georgia, USA
Hello
Not to be too technical.
The writing speed for a SD card is always much longer than the reading speed.
Thats why saving is longer.
You can see this when writing and loading on a computer or digital camera.
There are newer high speed cards that would help some.

Jene

#69369 - 10/28/09 05:56 AM Re: KN7000
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi jene,
Now, that is something I think we all needed to know.
Your parents were obviously perfect too.
see ya !!
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#69370 - 10/28/09 07:02 AM Re: KN7000
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Quote "There are newer high speed cards that would help some.

.... but they will not work on the KN7000 / KN2600, because the operating system is not capable of addressing these new SDHC or SDXC Cards.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#69371 - 10/29/09 08:52 AM Re: KN7000
Jene Offline

Loc: Helena, Georgia, USA
Thanks Bill I didn't know that.
I might have bought one and wondered what the problem was.

Jene

#69372 - 10/30/09 05:28 PM Re: KN7000
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Reading your reply on this post Bob surprised me too, as you work almost the same way as me but I use a Foot Controller to activate the moves. For dancing, I work in Medleys of 3 or 4 tunes to a dance, depending on the age groups. 3 for the seniors and 4 for the in-betweens. These are set into PMs A,B & C or, into Banks for larger parties.

The one thing you have that I have often wished for is the Music Pad. Unfortunately, finances wont allow a purchase, but when we met in Cambridge, Joan and Carol brought their pads along and I was very impressed.
Ah well! I'll keep it on my 'wish list'

Audrey

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online