SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#69093 - 08/27/09 06:11 PM Re: ANYONE HAS TYROS 3 FOR SALE?
Buddy Offline

Loc: London, UK
I want to say a big 'thank you' to all forum members who have provided advice and suggestions to me on my desire to purchase a Tyros 3 'to complement' my KN7. I appreciate you all.

I just need to add that I love my KN7. Infact I also own a KN5 which I still use. The only reason that I need a Tyros 3 is because of the built-in styles/accompaniments in the Tyros 3 which I find very modern and well-syncopated. In my previous Posts, I had expressed reservation and dis-satisfaction with the built-in styles/accompaniments in the KN7. They do not serve my purpose: I am not good at building accompaniments/programming them from the scratch. For my purpose, I rely most of the time on built-in styles.

I play for a small pentecostal local church and we don't have a set of band or music players. We therefore rely on a keyboard with good styles/accompaniments. The KN5000 afforded us that and when the KN7 came out, we invested in it in the hope that it would have better built-in styles/accompniments than the KN5000.

As I pointed out in my previous Posts on this matter, I do not believe that the KN7 built-in accompniments were properly syncopated. I might be wrong. But that is my experience, hence I often resort to my KN5000 for use in church.

But I find that the Tyros 3 has very up-to-date styles/accompaniments. But more importantly, the accompaniments, in my view are properly syncopated. They give me the sort of well balanced rhythms/accompaniments - the sort that I find in the KN5000 that serve our purpose.

I was even thinking that the built-in accompaniments in the KN6500 (which I don't have) might be as good as those in the Tyros 3. And I have wondered, if that should be the case, is it possible to find a copy of the KN6500 styles/accompaniments and load them into the KN7000. I don't know.

Don't get me wrong, I love my KN7000 and of course the KN5000 also. Apart from this problem that I have observed with the KN7000, I still believe that the KN7 surpases the Tyros 3 in every other respect. This is my view.

Any suggestions, please?

Again, thanks to all you wonderful forum members.

Buddy

[This message has been edited by Buddy (edited 08-27-2009).]

#69094 - 08/27/09 07:31 PM Re: ANYONE HAS TYROS 3 FOR SALE?
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Buddy, it is not my intent to dissuade you from the T-3. If you really want a Tyros by all means go ahead and get one.

But, I hope you know that the internal styles from the KN5000 will work just fine in your KN7000. In fact, they were included in a group of files that were offered at a Tech Note web site that are already in KN7000 format. Not sure, but I think they are available at Bill Norrie's web site. If not, I've got them around here somewhere if you want them.

#69095 - 08/28/09 03:37 AM Re: ANYONE HAS TYROS 3 FOR SALE?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Buddy,
As Bob has indicated, all the styles from the previous KN series - going back to the KN2000 - are available as a single download from a page on my website : http://www.willumspages.co.uk/page8.html
The file also includes all the built-in styles from the KN2400/2600 and some newer 'World' styles. The file is in SD Backup format and requires the 'Panasonic Song Manager' program, to restore the styles to an SD Card.
Full instructions are shown on the web page and can be downloaded as a separate text file, should you require them.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#69096 - 08/28/09 05:21 PM Re: ANYONE HAS TYROS 3 FOR SALE?
Buddy Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
Hi Buddy,
As Bob has indicated, all the styles from the previous KN series - going back to the KN2000 - are available as a single download from a page on my website : http://www.willumspages.co.uk/page8.html
The file also includes all the built-in styles from the KN2400/2600 and some newer 'World' styles. The file is in SD Backup format and requires the 'Panasonic Song Manager' program, to restore the styles to an SD Card.
Full instructions are shown on the web page and can be downloaded as a separate text file, should you require them.

Hi Bill, thanks. Also to Bob.

I was just unpacking the yet-un-opened little boxes that came long ago with my KN7. I discovered a box - Panasonic SD Audio PC Writing Kit for Technics SX-KN7000 (SZ-CB7). The contents are a USB Reader/Writer and also a CD - (Panasonic SD-Jukebox V2.4 for Technics SX-KN7000).I also have a 256 MB SD Card.

I suppose I can use the above kit to copy the styles on your website. If so, please, could you explain to me briefly how to use the kit for that purpose for best results.

I believe the Panasonic SD Jukebox V2.4 for KN7 CD is useful and may be of interest to some other forum members. And if any forum member needs a copy of it, I'll be glad to help with a copy. Available also is the original Technics CD - Applications & Drivers for SX-KN7000 - in case any member has lost his/hers and requires a copy.

All our forum members have taught me that we have to keep alive the spirit of always looking out for each other. Every little helps!

Thanks.

Buddy

#69097 - 08/29/09 02:08 AM Re: ANYONE HAS TYROS 3 FOR SALE?
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Buddy
All you need to transfer the style files from Bill's web site is a floppy disk.
Download them to your hard disk on your computer and then transfer them to your KN7000 by means of a floppy disk...probably about 10 at a time.
They will appear on your KN7000 in the rhythm area button marked 'memory load' and you will then need to save them to an SD Card to retain them.
Incidentally there are laods more downloadable style files on the internet.
The rest of the kit you mention is for audio files such CD's etc
Rog

#69098 - 08/31/09 08:46 AM Re: ANYONE HAS TYROS 3 FOR SALE?
Buddy Offline

Thanks Rog for your kind advice. I shall do as you've suggested, and hope everything works out fine.

Buddy

#69099 - 08/31/09 10:01 AM Re: ANYONE HAS TYROS 3 FOR SALE?
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Ok Buddy
If you need any more help just shout cos I'm only just down the road (M4) from you in that now famous place Wootton Bassett.
Rog

#69100 - 09/03/09 06:09 PM Re: ANYONE HAS TYROS 3 FOR SALE?
Buddy Offline

Please may I know if any forum member who owns KN7 lives in London, and if the member would kindly wish to help and let us arrange to meet.

My aim is to take my KN7 and check and compare regarding some of the issues that I have, through many Posts, complained about my KN7. It will certainly help me to determine whether or not my KN7 is faulty. That way, it will help put my mind at rest.

If any member in London would wish to help, please contact me on kayskwed@hotmail.com

Thanks

Buddy

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online