SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#6874 - 10/15/06 04:36 PM Roland Ax-7 Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

Help Please

I am New to using a controller and my keyboard in conjunction. or maybe i'm a little dense. In any event,

I have a Korg Triton Extreme 76
and an Ax-7.

I am able to connect the 2 and scroll thru the patches on the GM side of my triton. But i am unable to select patches that reside on other banks of the keyboard. an example is i want to store the Piano on Bank A01 to the AX7,
then an organ on C04 to the Ax7 and select them from the AX7.
Save them and next time i gig, have those parameters already set.

Am i asking to much or is this something that a controller should be able to do.

Like i said, i am new to using controllers
and the manual just doesnt seem to do it for me.

Any Help would be appreciated.
Thanks

#6875 - 10/16/06 05:52 AM Re: Roland Ax-7 Help
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Too bad I just sold my AX-7. But from what I remember all of its presets output a bank select value of "0".

This is going to be a little complicated to explain but you shouldn't really use AX-7 presets to send program changes. I mean you could put a lot of time into configuring each and every preset on the AX-7 to output a specific program change and bank select messages. But it would take too long. There's an easier way.

What I used to do on mine is basically leave AX-7 on its default preset A00. Adjust velocity curve and d-beam settings I needed and send program changes by editing program change and bank select parameters of the preset. You'll have to dive into the manual to learn how to do that as I do not remember specifics.

I think all I had to do is hit a couple of buttons to the right of the LCD a few times and scroll to needed parameters. But since I haven't got an AX7 right in front of me I cannot check and tell you exactly how to do that....

Just check the manual. It isn't bad at all. Unlike a lot of Roland manuals it is well written.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online