SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#68677 - 06/19/09 11:01 PM Re: How do you use the 7K Panel Memory
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi Elizabeth,
WELLLLLL !! IF I had a K7, I would like to emulate Tony's solutions. But as I only have a K5 I load my Panel Memory with settings for my favourite music books and mark each piece with a corresponding bank and number, and title each file according to the book name. I realise that this limits the registration changes available, but I can still use Rt1, Rt2, Rt1 & Rt2, Technicord et al to vary the outcomes.
When I need more, or extensive changes I set them in sequence in the Panel Memory and title their position on the music.
Depending on the number of panel positions used,I can have at least 10 or 20 songs on each Floppy Disc file.(Old technology ugh!!)
and change manually or by pedal when required.
I am going to try the pad theory right now on the K5 and PR903.
I can see I will have to convince "The Gardener" that my talents are being constrained by not having a K7.
Wish me luck!!!! Or any advice would be put to good use I assure you.
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#68678 - 06/20/09 12:00 AM Re: How do you use the 7K Panel Memory
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi Tony, Elizabeth and Bob,
What a wonderful forum? Just read the manual
and yes it works on the 903 and K5.(assigning functions to the pads, that is). Take note John C.You may be able to use that function with some of the settings you like from my floppies, when you receive them.
I will be adding that feature to my future rego.settings .
Maybe we should all read the manual more often.
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#68679 - 06/20/09 07:00 AM Re: How do you use the 7K Panel Memory
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
So....fly in to El Paso, Bill...
'The nearest major airport to Artesia, New Mexico is El Paso International Airport, with an IATA code of ELP and an ICAO code of KELP. This airport is in El Paso, Texas and is 135 miles from the center of Artesia, NM.'
Then taxi up to Artesia and stop at the Holiday Inn where the event could take place; and no distance from Albuquerque too...
Aaah - keep on dreaming, eh...
Rog

#68680 - 06/20/09 12:25 PM Re: How do you use the 7K Panel Memory
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
ROGER....

Which route do you take from El Paso to Artesia? The closest route I know of is south to Carlsbad then sort of SW then west some more and north for a bit to El Paso....that is about 250 miles....

There is a smaller airport in Roswell. Anyone flying into El Paso could probably get a shuttle to Roswell....

If that were to happen, let me know...I would be happy to drive the 60 miles to Roswell to meet whoever (only someone I know from SZ) and take them to Artesia...during daylight hours....

If it is me you want to visit, the best way is to drive an RV to my home park and tell our managers you are my friend.... you will be admitted...

Roger, have you been to little old Artesia, NM? Who is Bill that you addressed your post to?

Elizabeth

------------------

#68681 - 06/20/09 03:37 PM Re: How do you use the 7K Panel Memory
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Roger will need pontoons on his RV . . . That pond is deep . . .

#68682 - 06/23/09 10:56 AM Re: How do you use the 7K Panel Memory
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Hi Ray,
I second your view on what a wonderful forum we have here.
It's been a bit quiet for a while but it's coming to life again lately
and it's nice to hear different views of using our favourite keyboards.

I never had a KN5000 - moved from a SMAC1200 module to KN6500
(which took my breath away when I played it). I was then waiting
for the KN8000 because, although I was fed up with floppies and wanted
an SD card, I didn't like the new circular Panel Memory buttons on the K7.
However, when I heard of Technics impending closure, I went for the K7
and have never regretted it for a moment - absolutely brilliant board
and I still prefer it to my Tyros3, although I still don't like the panel
memory buttons which is why I use the Performance pads so much.

If you can manage to upgrade to the K7, you'll experience a whole new
musical world. The SD card is as good as having a hard drive and encourages
you to go to town with setups for each song - it seem that most of us have
adopted this method since loading is so much quicker & easier.
The new improved voices are still good, even when compared against the T3
(and some of them are still better).
I hereby officially declare to "The Gardener" that your talents are indeed
very much constrained and would suggest a new mower as a pre-emptive sweetener.
Best wishes to all,
Tony

#68683 - 06/23/09 04:22 PM Re: How do you use the 7K Panel Memory
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Tony, I'll second your comments on the KN7 against the Tyros3. The KN7 is still the 'tops' for me.

I have always used the panel memories as I play mainly for dancing and singalongs and because of this I tend to set up medleys of 3/4 tunes set to the same rhythm but using the variations and pads.

By pressing and holding down the blue button in the middle of the PM wheel, you will be taken to the 'Expand Mode Filter' (2 pages)
On page 2, there are different options and one of them is to have the Pads in the 'on' or 'off' mode, so when I am setting up my song/tunes I include whichever Pad option I need, plus anything else that is relevant i.e: R1/R2 octave ON/OFF.

Finally, my 2 or 3 songs/tunes are saved together with their particular variations into the panel memories. (Job done and saved all in one go, no messing about like the T3 setups)

For example: I have a Country Medley in Bank 'A' named "ACT NATURALLY - MED"
PM 1-3 holds the sets for 'Act Naturally'.
PM 4-6 holds the sets for 'All I Ever Need Is you'
PM 7 - 8 holds the sets for 'Oh Lonesome Me'

all are played to the same rhythm but with individual variations, pads, voices, transpose and octave changes, which keeps it interesting (I hope ha! ha!)

Audrey

#68684 - 06/23/09 05:58 PM Re: How do you use the 7K Panel Memory
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Audrey, have you tried using Bank A for the first song, Bank B for the second, and Bank C for the third song of the medley? You can have all eight PM buttons available for each song that way. At the end of song 1 and it's 8th button, the next PM increment moves to bank B, etc. I believe that is what Tony expressed earlier. The entire setup can be loaded almost instantly with the SD card.

#68685 - 06/24/09 02:32 AM Re: How do you use the 7K Panel Memory
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Bob
Good suggestion, especially if you have your home screen set up to view thhe banks. Personally, I prefer to use the "Favorites" and "Screen Hold", as my song order is constantly changing. I too use the PM wheel on a song by song basis, usually with 4 variations per song. I store by file number e.g. 01-01-99-20. The files are labeled according to type of gig, and kept on a master file.

The OS on the KN7000 is still the best for me, eventhough I have had Korg PA-800 and have Roland G70. They have some plusses and some minuses, like all boards, but all around, it is hard to beat.

Bernie

#68686 - 06/24/09 05:43 AM Re: How do you use the 7K Panel Memory
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Quote by Bob
John C, in the other thread you suggest staying with a method that you have used with older keyboards. I believe you miss the advancements available in newer keyboards when you take that approach. Since you are working with a KN5000 now, your method is obviously best for you at this time. If you find a 7K, do try a newer method. I am certain you will like it better.

Bob, I have owned 2 Kn7000 keyboards and all my knowledge is based on the KN7. I am now trying to remember my steps and for the KN5000.

As I traveled from the Kn1000 to the Kn7000 I used all the new technology. SD card, Panel memory, Favorites, Pads and memory. I used the old as a base and improved by adding the next keyboard’s new features.

The keyboard must be used to fit one’s needs. My method was needed for the type of jobs I played. My needs were to get to the next song quickly – Have a view of possible 70 to 110 songs (Panel memory/Bank view) and be able to push a single button to get to the next song.
Right 1 and right 2 plus the four from the Music Style arranger gave me enough instrument variation. I thought I posted my method here but I am mistaken. I do not use the same exact method since I am no longer play jobs.

Anyone selling kN7000?

Now it is about playing strictly for me. (Applaud XXXXX)

John C.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online