SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#68505 - 05/07/09 07:10 AM Re: Midi Songs
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
JOHN C... I like your summation. There are so many options housed within the 7K. All the additional toys that are available like midi files, the Music Pad Pro, tweaking sounds, changing registrations, setting up programs, composing, sequencing, making CD's, etc. etc. etc.

All that can be done to suit your own and/or the taste/hear of others..... It all
really eats into the playing time, which for me is the ultimate fun whether I am playing for an audience or just for myself.

I agree completely..."...love only your keyboard."

#68506 - 05/07/09 11:00 AM Re: Midi Songs
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
HI John C
Am I right in thinking that in Vanbasco once you have altered say the tempo or the key of a midi you can only save that to the playlist within Vanbasco and not save it elsewhere on your hard disk or to a floppy disk?
Rog

#68507 - 05/08/09 04:47 AM Re: Midi Songs
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RMepstead:
[B]HI John C
Am I right in thinking that in Vanbasco once you have altered say the tempo or the key of a midi you can only save that to the playlist within Vanbasco and not save it elsewhere on your hard disk or to a floppy disk?
Rog

Roger, I recently asked the same question. Here are two answer/questions I copied, printing a playlist may be of some use.

Rog, If I find the answer to your question I will get back to you.

John C.

Question: How can I print a playlist?

Answer: You can import a playlist file (*.vpl) into a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft Excel and print from there. Here's how it works in general. (Details my vary, depending on the particular product you're using. For definitive information, please consult the documentation of your spreadsheet program on how to import data from text files.)

Question: Can I print the words of a song using your player?

Answer: You can copy the words to the Windows clipboard by choosing "Copy" from the Karaoke Window's context menu (right-click inside the Karaoke Window to get to the context menu). Then you can paste the lyrics into an empty document in your word processor and print from there.

#68508 - 05/08/09 05:04 AM Re: Midi Songs

Quote:
Originally posted by RMepstead:
HI John C
Rog

Roger, Window explorer
My computer / Local disk (C) / Program files / VanBasco program
You will find the playlists, what all the letters and numbers mean is another question.
I did change the settings in one song in the VanBasco window, in the playlist and found that the playlist in the VanBasco folder registered the changes. I changed the Volume to 62 and the Tempo to 63, they registered.

Is this the answer? Hmmmm, maybe, I feel it needs more research.

John C.

#68509 - 05/09/09 04:02 AM Re: Midi Songs
casarosa Offline

Loc: Costa Calida Spain
Due to the Topic Midi Songs I remembered a CD that was given to me some time ago now with over 7500+Karaoke songs and software (not into Karaoke) first time I looked at it yesterday
MIDI is all new to me but as an experiment did manage to rename the kar to mid file then transfer it on to a floppy fascinating to see the various instruments used and the sound was excellent. The only problem I found was when the music was playing back I could not seem to transpose it into the right key sig to match the sheet music I was playing from if that makes sense.

Is there a tutorial about how to use Midi files etc, with the KN7000 very little info in the “Getting the most from your KN7000”
Regards

#68510 - 05/09/09 05:51 AM Re: Midi Songs
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
To transpose a midi sequence :
1. Load the file to the sequencer and determine how many Semitones up or down, you wish to transpose.
2. Play the sequence through to determine the number of measures in the sequence file.Call this value 'N'
3. Press Program Menus > Sequencer > Range Edit > Transpose.
4. Set TRACK to ALL : FIRST MEASURE to 1 : LAST MEASURE to 'N' +1
5. Set TRANSPOSE to the number of Semitones Up or Down, as determined in step 1
6. Press OK and then YES.
7. Press EXIT once and then TRANSPOSE to return to the previous screen.
8. Set TRACK to 10 (Drum Track) and TRANSPOSE to the same number of Semitones as in step 5, but with the opposite sign - ie if you set TRANSPOSE to +2 in step 5, then Set it to -2 in this step.
9. Press OK and then YES.
10. Your file in the sequencer, has then been transposed to your desired key signature. You can save back to Disk or SD Card as desired.

Steps 7 through 9 are necessary to correct the DRUM track (usually Track 10 in a midi file) since this track will have been transposed during steps 3 - 6 and all the drum instruments will have been changed, which will make a total 'nonsense' of the drums, if not corrected

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#68511 - 05/09/09 06:56 AM Re: Midi Songs
casarosa Offline

Loc: Costa Calida Spain
Thanks Bill will have to sit and study this one
Often wonder! you must sit for hours playing with your keyboard hope you have an understanding wife LOL

#68512 - 05/09/09 06:58 AM Re: Midi Songs
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have found the KN7000 sequencer quite superior and easy to add and subtract measures, add repeats, etc. I have several notation editors, but find myself doing a lot of this in the KN7000. It is so easy.

Bernie

#68513 - 05/09/09 07:04 AM Re: Midi Songs
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Frank
Thank you for your offer of a style tutorial. However long it takes is fine. For those of you that don't know it, Frank is tops in this area, and has been for years.

Bernie

#68514 - 05/09/09 06:14 PM Re: Midi Songs

Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
I have found the KN7000 sequencer quite superior and easy to add and subtract measures, add repeats, etc. I have several notation editors, but find myself doing a lot of this in the KN7000. It is so easy.

Bernie

Bernie, I must agree with you, the KN7 has a good sequencer I miss it. I will be moving over to Sonar to work on the Sequences – it will be a good size learning curve. At my age I find I do not remember what I did the day before. (Grin)

Bill, is it possible to set your Bank memory #1 to transpose?
Go to the beginning of the Sequence ---
Transpose up or down –
Memorize the change in the bank memory,
and then Place that bank memory in the beginning of the Sequence.This is from my fading memory.

John C.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online