SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#68312 - 03/16/09 11:44 PM Re: Dimished Chords
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
I am amazed, No DISGUSTED.
Others posts on other sites never cease to waffle on about all the tweaking that can or cannot be done on various instruments, and here we have musicians !!!!!!!!saying any note is ok if it sounds ok. Rubbish!!!. If that is the case, why bother using more than one finger? E.G. Easyplay music is written with most basic chords, but if you play what the composer wrote, you have the true enhancement and meaning of the composition.
I am not the best player in the world but by God I try to be, every time I touch the keys.
Please tell me that some of the posters only have the accomp. on (and no Left 1 voices)and I might understand that you cannot hear something a bit sour. If I have a voice on L1 (always, no matter how soft) I soon know when I hit a bad one. End of lesson 10.
BTW when a 6th, 9th, flat 9th etc. is required it often co-incides with a right hand note.
Enough!!!, I'm off to play golf where I know nuttin'
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#68313 - 03/17/09 01:44 AM Re: Dimished Chords
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Take a deep breath Ray.

#68314 - 03/17/09 01:54 AM Re: Dimished Chords
The Saint Offline

AHA!!!
There IS someone out there.
Nigel, I have just taken 3 strokes off my golf handicap, but I would never dare to take 3 notes from my playing.
I started to calm down. when I suddenly realized this could become like The Arranger Forum. Sorry. But I meant what I said.
The (not so perfect) Saint.

------------------
Ray The Saint

#68315 - 03/17/09 01:58 AM Re: Dimished Chords
The Saint Offline

Hey Nigel,
Don't you ever sleep?
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#68316 - 03/17/09 04:16 AM Re: Dimished Chords
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
We are not all at the same level when it comes to music. Some wear finer clothes than others, some have larger and better cars, and some love to look deeper. We all live a different levels. I try to encourage everyone by praising them at their level considering that the majority play music for their own enjoyment. And for some the correct note, the proper note is a must. I fit into this last category but after 20 years of teaching music I have learned to meet people at their level, so that I may help them and enjoy them.

I am intrigued with the world of Chords and chord progressions, I do my best, both with the guitar and keyboard, to have the chords tell their own story so that I have a melody story. Without bass pedals there is no bass story.

Life is good, John C.

#68317 - 03/17/09 07:45 AM Re: Dimished Chords
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
LADIES/GENTLEMEN/MUSICIANS

Each and every one of you are so very helpful to me, a player, no claim to musicianship. Almost everything you offer on all these threads is helpful to me.

Most of you have communicated with me personally via email to answer my many questions. Additionally, you have shared your music and information with me by personal contact as well.

I know that I am not a trained musician. I know that learning all the things you know about music theory, proper chording, etc. would enhance my music for me and my audiences as well.

However..... When what I play sounds good to me and my audiences... we are all happy campers. On a daily basis I tweak and tweak the sounds in my registrations to make them just a bit better to my ear.

At this point in my life, learning to play all the notes in the bass cleff and exactly as the composer wrote is more of a challenge than I am willing to tackle... My fingers are a bit arthritic and I am getting older...

Kinda like my golf game...long ago given up in order to do other things that I enjoy more. I moved from country club living to full time RV'ing, a very different life. I would not return to country club living and following the rules others find satisfying.

Living in the "Realm Of All Possibilities" is my favorite place to be. Learning by personal experience works best,for me. No ideology is excluded unless proven experientially is valid. What is valid at that point, may or may not be valid to others. For me it may be invalid the next moment, or the next, or the next moment. I know that there will be more moments where change may or may not seem appropriate, for me. So be it... as long as life exists I am convinced there is a moment by moment opportunity to make changes that will or will not enhance my life experience.

My appreciation for life in general and music specifically has taught me that this perspective works really well. I am jumping through my own woops and enjoying living moment by moment....

Maybe one of these days I will really want to learn to play my music according to all the rules of theory as all of you describe, maybe not...

In the meantime, I will keep on keepin on being all I can be, moment by moment. I will be checking in here on a daily basis enjoying all the messages and opportunities to learn more about music through your shared thoughts....

I have sent this page to myself via email. One day, should I choose to get into proper chording/playing/musical theory...I will have it to refer to....

Thank you for all you do. I love all of you very much...

Elizabeth

------------------

#68318 - 03/17/09 09:47 AM Re: Dimished Chords
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hey John C - how come you have got 10 fingers when I've only got 8. I didn't notice that when we were together over in Florida!!!
Rog

#68319 - 03/17/09 10:15 AM Re: Dimished Chords
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Isn't it wonderful how we can all disagree with a smile on our faces . . .

#68320 - 03/17/09 03:05 PM Re: Dimished Chords

posted by RMepstead:
[B]Hey John C - how come you have got 10 fingers when I've only got 8. I didn't notice that when we were together over in Florida!!!
Rog

Hi Rog,
First, I miss being together, we had a great time. Peter and I still write.

Second, I guessing that you do not use your thumbs, hence only a total of 8.
(Grin)
John C.

#68321 - 03/17/09 03:08 PM Re: Dimished Chords

posted by Bob Hendershot:
[B]Isn't it wonderful how we can all disagree with a smile on our faces .

I can remember a Bob Hendershot gently holding me down as I began to run with the righteous flag.

Thanks Bob, John C.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online