Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#68261 - 03/13/09 08:51 AM Re: Need to contact a local forum member
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Bill
welcome back to home...
The point that I was making was that in basic mode on all previous models of Technics keyboards you could not swap in mid play between basic and three fingered/full chord yet you can do that in basic mode with the KN7000...
So using a KN6000 in basic mode you could not have played C diminished...
Rog

#68262 - 03/13/09 12:03 PM Re: Need to contact a local forum member
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
ROGER.....

The "Cdim" for me is the C and whatever other key sounds right.... or just the C..

I never learned the chords using five fingers.... don't want to do that now... just want to explore the machines and play and play and play... )

#68263 - 03/13/09 05:13 PM Re: Need to contact a local forum member
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
The C Dimished chord has only three notes. And the C Dimished Seventh chord has four notes. In either case please don’t use five fingers because it’s gonna hurt. (Grin)

Buddy, to the best of my knowledge the KN7 keyboard is receiving confusing chord messages so it does not understand what to do. I am with Rog on this one -- check, in your window, the chord recognition, if it’s fluttering you have your answer.

You know people do the same thing with the Bible, when a problem occurs it is the book and not themselves. Buddy, this is not meant for you.

John C.

#68264 - 03/13/09 07:21 PM Re: Need to contact a local forum member
kn7 Offline

Buddy - come to life! If you are playing more than one note with your left hand and we are assuming you are playing a chord, use the Fingered setting and you won't be having any problems. The keyboard will respond correctly. However, with the lousy pre-set styles, don't expect much.

Scott

#68265 - 03/13/09 08:00 PM Re: Need to contact a local forum member
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Bill Norrie is correct. Any white note below the upper note will trigger a seventh chord in the basic mode if only two keys are pressed. It is true that the old KN5000 did not do that when the lower note was an full octave below. So I understand the confusion, Buddy. You'll just have to get used to the way the KN7000 is designed when you play in the basic mode.

Oops - fixed typo

[This message has been edited by Bob Hendershot (edited 03-13-2009).]

#68266 - 03/14/09 01:50 AM Re: Need to contact a local forum member
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
etwo4788,
If you care to work on learning diminished chords (there are only 3,all 4 fingered) believe me, your playing sound will be enhanced remarkably, you will find it suits the note or phrase you are playing in the melody line, and you will feel the change in sound. The same applies to augmented chords, 3 fingered, with only one note changed from the major chord.
Look up a chord book and I am sure you will be pleased with the different sound result.
End of Lesson 1.
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#68267 - 03/14/09 03:00 AM Re: Need to contact a local forum member
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Ray - There you are...
You're on the radio on monday 16th March 2.00pm to 3.00pm Greenwich meantime - hook in via the internet at http://www.keyboardcapers.com/radio.asp
Rog

#68268 - 03/14/09 07:58 AM Re: Need to contact a local forum member
etwo4788 Offline

RAY....

Thanks for the info on dim. chords. I do have the white sheets that show the fingering of all the chords....

There have been several other fine musicians who have urged me to learn the left hand fingering. I do hear the better sound when others play with all 5 fingers on the left... (and a few on the right as well).
Since my near death experience last summer, my musical "hear" wants a more "crisp" and "clear" sound, in addition to much softer overall results.
Going back into all my previous programing I realize just how BIG and assertive were the sounds produced in my playing.
I do still like my polka's and marches to be big and assertive!
This forum is so valuable to me. I so appreciate all the information so many of you share here... I am like a child in a candy store! Thanks to all of you for the wonderful help!
Elizabeth

#68269 - 03/14/09 06:00 PM Re: Need to contact a local forum member
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
G'day Elizabeth,
You will get a better appreciation from these chords playing Misty or Tenderly or similar type tunes, which creates a mood or atmosphere at times where the composer wants you to sit up and take notice.
Keep practising,(4 note chords will suffice at this stage) ....end of Lesson 2
Hi Rog, I might have to set the alarm down here after I work out the time difference. BTW that disc has gone platinum, I have given away 10 copies so far, and I am somewhat flattered with the responses I have received, although every time I play it I would like to do some of it again.
See Ya !!!
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#68270 - 03/15/09 02:18 PM Re: Need to contact a local forum member
etwo4788 Offline

Whoops..... I need to correct my above statement that I have 2 7K's and a 6K for sale.....
Only the 6K is for sale... I have heard from several who want a 7K.... sorry guys...

Yes, BOB, H. I have your email.... Will get to it sooooon.... am dealing with a nasty cold and a refrigerator that quit working... it is Sunday....
Elizabeth

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online