SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#6811 - 10/01/04 05:24 PM HELP with XP Midi Connection
Maverick Offline

Loc: Las Vegas, NV USA
Hi:

Problem: Receiving music from my Casio WK-1630 keyboard to my PC usinf Microsoft XP.

Sending audio midi file from my keyboard to PC successfully, according to my manual. Problem is on computer receiving end. I don't know what to do next.

Audio software: Acid 4.0 and Soundforge 1.1

Instructions in both have no reference to how to receive midi files. I tried using MS Player 10, and the standard MS Recorder. I just can't find any reference to how to receive keyboard or other device input and save it as a file. If I can get to that point, I know how to use the software.

Note: Device manager did show a midi device until I upgrade my operating system from MS 2000 to MS XP. Now it's gone. DXDIG (diagnostics)say my midi device is connected and working but I don't know how to access it.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Kindest regards,
Maverick

#6812 - 10/02/04 06:23 PM Re: HELP with XP Midi Connection
kaboombahchuck Offline

Loc: Arizona USA
You do realize that there is no such thing as a "audio midi file". You are either having audio problems, or midi problems... two totally different things.

#6813 - 10/02/04 09:08 PM Re: HELP with XP Midi Connection
Maverick Offline

Loc: Las Vegas, NV USA
kaboombahchuck
Thanks for the advice. I finally figured that out. Learned a LOT about midi in the last 2 days. Anyway, I've almost got it figured out.
Thanks again,
Maverick

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online