SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#67774 - 12/05/08 09:49 AM This forum is dying out
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Obviously this forum is going to its end of life. So many threads with 0 or 1 response.

I am happy to have found a much nicer forum with daily new messages, lots of fun like
http://www.jukeboxforum.be/Sinterklaas_Special_2008/index.htm
http://www.jukeboxforum.be/Kerst_Special_2008/index.htm
http://www.jukeboxforum.be/bbs/Klassiek_Special/Klassiek_Special.htm

------------------

#67775 - 12/05/08 12:05 PM Re: This forum is dying out
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I can't see why you should make such a remark! If you take the trouble to look at many of the "...threads with 0 or 1 response", you will see that they often only require one response or no response at all, if the post is just for information.
If someone asks a question and no one who reads it has an answer, then there will obviously be no reply. Also, some posts only act as an initial contact and then members communicate with each other via email, if the topic would not be of general interest to other members.

I know for a fact, that many members check in to the forum at least once a day and if they don't find anything relevant, then there is no point in posting.

If you think this forum is dying, have a look at the Yamaha forum!! 8 posts since September 2008!

The links that you quote in your post, only seem to be a series of 'Jukebox' performances. Furthermore, since that forum is not in the English language, it would be of limited interest to most of the members of the Technics forum.( www.jukeboxforum.be )

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#67776 - 12/05/08 01:40 PM Re: This forum is dying out
fmlk Offline

Hi Bill,

Indeed is the forum, I mentioned, a Belgian/Dutch forum. But why should only be such a Belgian/Dutch forum so lively? Some years ago when I had my KN7000 I also visited Synthzone daily and daily there was some relevant info or messages to answer. It has become less in my opinion.

------------------

#67777 - 12/05/08 01:44 PM Re: This forum is dying out
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
I'm certainly one of those who look in each day. Few posts as the very simple reason is I just play and enjoy my keyboard, but not really exploring in depth its capabilities. Perhaps I should and then I could generate some forum questions!
In addition to the KN7000 I do have a Tyros 2 so do get to play that too.
Keith

[This message has been edited by KeithB (edited 12-05-2008).]

#67778 - 12/05/08 04:18 PM Re: This forum is dying out
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
We have a saying in the U.K. Fred and I quote
"the game is not over until the last man is out"

My own feeling is we are a long way from being "out"

Audrey

#67779 - 12/05/08 04:40 PM Re: This forum is dying out
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
This forum is dying out BUT it is not dead. It is a gentle forum with good people --- A N D --- because there are no new Technics keyboards coming our way there is less to write about.
Bill, the Yamaha forum never got off the ground. The General arranger forum, where I visit, has many Yamaha posts. Some days I found up to 20 new posts.

Having said that I am here to share my thoughts and my music, and my reason --- there is more here than just keyboards here. There are friends that share many things and one day they will want to share about a new keyboard they have purchased and I will have the opportunity to build on old relationships.

I will keep posting any and all music topics, I hope that no one on will take my posts as a put-down to their keyboard that will not be my intention.

John C.

#67780 - 12/05/08 05:01 PM Re: This forum is dying out
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Audrey is quite right and as many others I stop by every day.
While I no longer post my recordings, because others play so
much better than I do, I've recorded over 30 CD's for my music club members. I continue to be committed to the KN7000 because I now own two 7K's just to be sure I'll have one till I can no longer play. And I have high hopes of seeing your comments for many years to come.
Frank

#67781 - 12/05/08 06:21 PM Re: This forum is dying out
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
FRED.....

Like the other posters above, I too check this forum every day. Also check the other SynthZone forums....

For me the entire SynthZone is a source for self-education for many interests and of course this one is specifically for Technics players....For me this is the best place to seek information and to learn about all the interesting things that are possible with the great Technics boards. I am somewhat jealous of those of you who have two 7K's! I only have one, and a 6K which lives on the back seat of my car. It is my "gig board".... Getting the 7K from my Motor Home to my car, to the gig place and then back again to car & Motor Home is just too much for me! If I could figure out some way to do this without asking others for help, I would. The 6K just does not quite do all the 7K does in so many ways and most importantly, I want my audiences to hear the awesome 7K!

Anyway Fred, keep checking in if you choose, though now that you no longer have a Technics board, why would you want to participate beyond sharing your own playing with those who enjoy your music?

One of these days I am going to devote some focused time to figure out how to set up the Explorer program I bought from you last year! This retirement life is busier than I was working 40 hrs weekly, raising 4 children, and taking care of our home! Course I am a tad older now...

The SynthZone Technics Forum has also been a wonderful source of great sharing friendships and references to additional websites for all of us.

ELIZABETH EVELYN

#67782 - 12/06/08 05:08 AM Re: This forum is dying out
fmlk Offline

Thank for all your replies. I shows a bit that I am wrong. Maybe it is my provocating title that attracked you. But on my other thread about the music I made with a friend and can be listened on www.caspereekhof.nl with the question about you opinion about it, nobody yet did reply. Not even "not interested" or "not my taste of music"

------------------

#67783 - 12/06/08 04:13 PM Re: This forum is dying out
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
The fact that you haven't received any replies to your posting Fred isn't disrespect - it's Christmas!

Those of us who do a little 'gigging' (and 'jigging' I might add) are extremely busy this time of the year. I know I am, plus all the extra shopping that has to be done (what a chore eh girls? ha! ha!)

Cheer up Fred, we all love you really.

Audrey

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online