SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#67349 - 07/10/08 07:12 AM Re: Need registration and rhythm help--again.
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
Bill, doing an ad lib in Composer, using an Intro is an excellent idea - I never thought of that. I have used a Variation for a very long sustained bass for ad lib work. It works very well. The only problem, you sacrafice a Variation for a rhythm style.

#67350 - 07/10/08 07:41 AM Re: Need registration and rhythm help--again.
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
My! this is very interesting stuff. If, and when, you find your setup Rog, I'd be interested in a copy.

Once again, it just goes to show that with any computer based object, there are usually two or three ways of doing the same thing.

Like Ted, I also think this site is the No.1 and long may it reign.

Audrey

#67351 - 07/10/08 07:55 AM Re: Need registration and rhythm help--again.
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Audrey
Copies sent to Kitkat, yourself and Willum...perhaps Ted will tell me if he wants a copy.
Rog

#67352 - 07/10/08 10:05 AM Re: Need registration and rhythm help--again.
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Thanks Rog However, that Intro is not strictly ad-lib in the sense of playing without keeping to a measure tempo If you listen and watch the LED counter above the Start/Stop button, you can see that the Intro actually is IN tempo with the Six measures in the Composer.
What I think Ted meant in his original question was that he wanted to play an 'out-of-tempo' phrase, before actually conforming to a Tempo. Think of the intro to 'Stardust' or 'I Left my Heart in San Francisco'...........

Check your email Rog

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#67353 - 07/10/08 11:51 AM Re: Need registration and rhythm help--again.
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Aaaah - when you received my file you turned on synchro break and intro 1.
I don't...hence the reason panel memory 1 is set up as 'no synchro' and 'no intro'.
Panel memory 2 has the synchro break turned on to start the rhythm from scratch.
As a matter of interest Bill I'd never listened to that intro before...it's pretty good isn't it. I may well play it that way in future.
Best wishes
Rog

#67354 - 07/10/08 08:51 PM Re: Need registration and rhythm help--again.
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Wow! I sure opened quite a discussion, but I am delighted that my seemingly simple question evoked such a variety of responses of all kinds among us all. It is this sort of interchange between us that makes this site my very favorite and informative of all. Many, maybe most, of you know that I am not really a musician, but just an amateur ear player, but I am learning more and more from you all as I read and absorb all the great messages you take time to post. The last one in this thread from Bill Norrie accurately interpreted what I was (am) trying to do, and that is start a song with an "ad lib" "out-of-tempo" verse and then, after that, move into the rhythm pattern and the regular song. I can hear all this in my head or even sing it with my lyrics, but I have never been able to duplicate it through the keyboard. So, to Bill, that is exactly what I want to do and to all of you, your various suggestions are often innovative, always stimulating and motivational. Finally, to Rog: I would indeed appreciate yiour sending me the Winzip "registration" file you sent to several others. I have developed a growing file of many, many hints and ideas from all of you and I could never repay you except with grateful thanks for enriching my simple musical life and making me a better player! Maybe some day I may even join the ranks as a "musician" just by incorporating so many of your ideas and improving my musical knowledge!!!

My personal best wishes and deepest thanks always to all my SynthZone friends for both your constant help and your friendship in cyberspace!

TED

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online