SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#66748 - 03/22/08 05:44 AM Re: Recording Voice
Joe Baron Offline

Loc: England
What type of Mic are you using? Are you using any of the built-in KN7000 Mic Effects?

Hi Bill.

Sorry to be so late in replying to your question that I have been pre-occupied for the last two or three days.
First of all thanks to Audrey and Joan for their kind help.
To answer your question Bill the microphone I use is the shure Unidyne dynamic.
I also have the Shure prologue 14 L. dynamic.
I also have the Beyer M60 microphone which is ribbon type, the one I use most is the
first one mentioned which is I think directional. I am using the default setting and tweaked the volume up a little and lowered the reverb to 25. Thank you for your kind interest.
Regards.
Joe

#66749 - 03/22/08 05:39 PM Re: Recording Voice
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Joe,

There are several Shure 'Unidyne' models - probably the most popular is the 545 which is indeed a Unidirectional type, as are all the 'Unidyne' models. The clue is in the name

I use a Sony Electret Mic directly into the Mic input on the KN7000 in conjunction with the KN7000's Mic Effects - usually a little Reverb - and have achieved very good results, when producing a CD. I hasten to add, that I was not singing - only playing the accompaniment for a vocalist friend. The recordings were made via USB and the Goldwave sound editor.

When I had my own band back in the 60s/70s, we tried many different microphones, including Shure, Reslo, Beyer, AKG but we finally settled on the Sony Electrets.
I like the Sony Mic because it produces a good all round sound - smooth bass and crisp treble, especially when using a 'close mic' technique and it also has excellent anti-feedback properties.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#66750 - 03/22/08 08:23 PM Re: Recording Voice
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I tried it this way on the KN 7000, that is, I plugged a microphone into the elesis microverb and then the elesis microverb into line in on the KN 7000, I then took line out on the KN 7000 to my PC, my PC only picked up the KN 7000 but not my voice.

Joe, I vaguely remember that one of the imputes on the KN7 will sound out the speakers but not out the main outs. ??? There must be a logical reason – I think.
Three things:
1-I have used a $428 Beyer mic. and a $40 cheap head set, both did an acceptable job. After much experimenting I was able to used the reverb in the keyboard. My best set up was when I used a Mackie mixer and sent the vocal, after making my settings to the mic. impute of the KN7. If I used a separate amp. My voice would still go to the keyboard because I wanted to hear the balance. (Monitor)

2-After making the settings for you mic. make sure you save them and then go to customizing and select the protection for your mic. settings.

3-When you record make sure you use ear phones, if you do not the mic. will pick up the sequence – ear phones will allow you to hear the balance of the recording.

There are at least 1,001 more ideas about recording. The best is to enjoy an experiment – Can you imagine my $40 head set sounding good.

John C.

#66751 - 03/24/08 06:01 AM Re: Recording Voice
Joe Baron Offline

Thank you for all the advice received.
Must try harder.
Kind regards.
Joe

#66752 - 03/25/08 05:53 AM Re: Recording Voice
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I can of course record my voice plugging the elesis microverb directly into the KN 7000 microphone input but I am not satisfied with the sound.

I have also tried using the KN 7000 microphone input on its own but cannot seem to get a correct balance between instrument and vocal, also I don’t like the result.
I would really welcome any advice from anyone in synthzone on this problem.

I have noticed that if I save the KN 7000 microphone settings on to a floppy disk,
when I load the saved floppy disk back onto the KN 7000 it retains the microphone setting.
With this in mind has anyone got a good setting for a microphone using the KN 7000
microphone input and would be willing to e-mail me the setting on a floppy, this would be a great help.

Kind regards
Joe.

I do not have a manual but if my memory is correct you will hear what you have put into the line impute but it does not go out the mains. I think this the AUX impute I am talking about. The best way for you is to go through your micoreverb then into the microphone impute. Take the time to learn how to use it, the harmony for the voice is not useable but everything you need to satisfy what you are looking for IS THERE.

When you save your microphone settings to a floppy disk and then reload with no success the problem may be that it is protected from change. Go to Customize, right side of your keyboard, the round circle. Go to protection and see if the microphones settings are protected – if they are you need not reload what is in your keyboard it is protected. It is good to save a setting on a floppy just in case.

Joe, this is the best I have for now --If this does not cover your problem ask again.

John C.

#66753 - 04/07/08 12:57 PM Re: Recording Voice
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Joe

Nice to see your still up and running.
The showband show we do here in Ireland for the past 11 years is coming to England,Scotland will keep in contact.You will enjoy it.
Forgot to say still using KN2600.
Any news your side on whats left of the
cabaret scene.

Cheers Barry&Olwin

[This message has been edited by Bazz Woods (edited 04-07-2008).]

[This message has been edited by Bazz Woods (edited 04-07-2008).]

#66754 - 04/10/08 05:26 AM Re: Recording Voice
Joe Baron Offline

Nice to see your still up and running.
The showband show we do here in Ireland for the past 11 years is coming to England,Scotland will keep in contact.You will enjoy it.
Cheers Barry&Olwin

Hi Barry.
How lovely to hear from you and Olwin!!!!!!!!!!
If you come near to Blackpool I would love to See you.
I am a little too old now for Caberet I will be 80 this June.
But there is still a lot of clubs and Hotels in Blackpool
Doing Caberet.
Kind regards.
Joe.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online