SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#66416 - 01/26/08 10:50 AM Drivers for Audio Recorder
jd5live Offline

Loc: Bilston , West Midlands,Englan...
Hi Folks, Please HELP, Had to update to old PC. The new one performs great,but now I have a problem with Audio Recorder,which was working OK the new computer has the old hard drive as a second hards drive so that I kept all my files and programs,
Now I have been told that Jukebox does not like Duel-core processors, does anybody know if this is also the case for the Audio recorder, as the recorder plays Wav. files from storage as long as the KN7 is not pluged into the computer USB. port.
Please can anybody help the computer is a AMD athlon64X2 ,2Gig ram and over 280Gig hard drive.
Hopeyou can help John.

#66417 - 01/26/08 12:17 PM Re: Drivers for Audio Recorder
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi John,

As far as the processor is concerned, the Technics/Panasonic software should work OK. I use an AMD Athlon 64X2 based system on a PC dedicated to my KN7000. Jukebox, Audio Recorder, Song Manager and the USB MIDI interfaces all work fine. Check your Windows settings in "Control Panel", "Sounds and Audio Devices". With the KN7000 USB cable plugged in the Audio Default Playback Device should appear as Panasonic Musical Instrument. Check the volume control settings for this device and ensure that the Wave/MP3 playback volume is not muted or set to zero.
You do not say which operating system your computer is using. If it is Windows Vista, this could be the problem as I believe the Technics drivers are not compatible. I am using XP Pro. If you are using XP, I suggest you try uninstalling and reinstalling all Technics drivers and software ensuring that you carefully follow the instructions for XP installation. If you require it, this procedure can be found on Bill Norie's website.

Len

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online