SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#66327 - 01/15/08 04:10 PM SD Jukebox alphabetize
santa1 Offline

Loc: stuart, fl usa
Is there any way to list all songs from all song lists in alphabetical order in the SD list. I have many song lists and would like to have all the songs in one list in alphabetical order

#66328 - 01/15/08 04:53 PM Re: SD Jukebox alphabetize
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Santal,

Did you know that the SD Card lists in alphabetical order. It is accessed as follows:-

Load the SD Card in normal way.
Press LOAD.
The screen will show:-
FOLDER
ALPHABET
NUMBER

Click on the Alphabet and hey presto! there are you songs all sorted for you.

By the same token, if you click on NUMBER
your songs will show the 'Folder' and the 'Song' number. I mark my music with these Numbers as it is much quicker to load. I use the Alphabet if I'm looking for a particular song and when I find it, I make a note of its Folder numbers on the music. So a few days later when I want to play it again, I just insert my card, press 'load' click on NUMBER and put the relevant numbers in the relevant boxes. The song will load almost instantly.

I also have the KN SD Explorer Tool for backing up etc. which allows you to sort all Folders and Songs Alphabetically and even make an Index. If you don't have this, then I would suggest you save to 'Word' and get the PC to sort it for you.

Of course there might be a way of using the KN Song Manager to do this for you but I don't have a need to use it, so cannot confirm this. However, I'm sure someone on this Forum will be able to tell you.

Good luck!

Audrey

[This message has been edited by Audrey Turner (edited 01-15-2008).]

#66329 - 01/16/08 02:52 AM Re: SD Jukebox alphabetize
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Yea but Audrey he puts this under the heading of SD Jukebox alphabetize...
Do you think he means audio files or the files you are refering to...
Rog

[This message has been edited by RMepstead (edited 01-16-2008).]

#66330 - 01/16/08 05:45 AM Re: SD Jukebox alphabetize
technicsplayer Offline

no automatic method since the default playlist stays in the order you have recorded or transferred, but no reason you cannot re-order all your own playlists by simple drag and drop up and down.

Possible options:

If starting from scratch collect all the songs you want on one card in one folder named in alpha order. (If you use a free ripper like audiograbber you can set the automatic track naming to change from say artist/song to song/artist, then all songs titles are naturally in alpha order in that folder. Likewise for mp3s a free tag editor could rename the filenames with song title first if they are named by default artist or album first.) Thus a select all of this folder in the Jukebox record dialogue will put the pc playlist in alpha order automatically, and this order will be automatically checked out to sd card on a select all.

For an existing sd card you could right click in the left playlist pane and create a new playlist, then rename it say "Alpha". Now go to the default playlist, select all songs in the right hand pane, and drag to the empty alpha playlist. Now the alpha playlist contains all the songs on the sd card and you can drag and drop them into alpha order.

The same alpha playlist could be created in the pc playlists, then a select all of that alpha playlist will check out a default playlist to sd card in alpha order automatically.

It would make sense to make the alpha list on the pc because you could then checkout to 2 or 3 cards in default alpha order and have backups instantly available in the event of a card failure... sd is cheap nowadays.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online