SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#66276 - 01/06/08 07:23 AM Sys Excl or CC - Help
jose_riobom Offline

Loc: V.N da Telha - Maia - Portugal
Hello Technics professors

Does anyone of you know which is the System Exclusiv or Comand Change I should send via midi from an external sequencer to Transpose the KN7000?

Or this time I'm missing something?

#66277 - 01/06/08 03:46 PM Re: Sys Excl or CC - Help
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Jose,

I don't really understand what you're trying to do but couldn't you send the sequenced
information to your KN first, then transpose using the KN's own Transpose facility, and then 'Save' the new setting as you would normally?

Just a thought!

Audrey

[This message has been edited by Audrey Turner (edited 01-06-2008).]

#66278 - 01/06/08 06:12 PM Re: Sys Excl or CC - Help
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Jose, do you have a copy of the midi implementation data from the blue KN7000 Reference Guide? If so check page 41. If not send me an email and I'll try to get the info to you.

#66279 - 01/07/08 03:57 PM Re: Sys Excl or CC - Help
Audrey Turner Offline

Hello Bob,

I'm looking at page 41 of the blue KN7000 Reference Guide and transposing doesn't seem to be mentioned - only 'fine tuning' or does transposing come under this heading? I am not very familiar with this part of the KN, the only midi connection I've ever used was set up and saved to a floppy for quick setup by a Competitor for me - who shall remain nameless. It was very basic in that I just turned down the volume of whichever instrument I wanted to use as a Master. Simple really, but that's all I needed at the time.

If Jose hasn't got this booklet, if it will help you at all I could email a copy of the page to him.

Audrey

#66280 - 01/07/08 07:25 PM Re: Sys Excl or CC - Help
Bob Hendershot Offline

Hi Audrey, If you use a SysEx to change the sound of the slave down by a single semi-tone it has the effect of making the slave sound a half tone lower in key. eg; If you want to change the slave to sound a D when you play an Eb with the master or from a remote midi file.

#66281 - 01/08/08 03:43 AM Re: Sys Excl or CC - Help
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
The KN7000 Reference Guide ('Blue Book') can be downloaded from my website Tech Tips page - Tip Number 17 http://www.willumspages.co.uk/page10.html

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#66282 - 01/08/08 08:57 AM Re: Sys Excl or CC - Help
Audrey Turner Offline

Thank you for your replies Bob and Bill.

You learn something everyday. I think I have become lazy since purchasing the KN7000 because it is so versatile, I don't even think about using midi connections anymore.
I'm still experimenting and finding new features on the KN but you never know, one of these days I might just surprise you both.
Nevertheless it doesn't mean I'm not interested in what other people are doing with their KNs, far from it.

Audrey

#66283 - 01/08/08 05:12 PM Re: Sys Excl or CC - Help
jose_riobom Offline

Loc: V.N da Telha - Maia - Portugal
Hello professors

I had feeling that this time I was missing something... and so it was!

Just using the same external sequencer (ex.Cubase) in record mode and just touch the transposer buton... and you have all the messages of the System Exclusiv that make your keyboard transpose .... simple!

No need of blue book .... I now have a small Excel file with the values for each 1/2 semi tom up and down transpose.

Anyway thanks to you all ..... and a happy new year!

Quote:
Originally posted by jose_riobom:
Hello Technics professors

Does anyone of you know which is the System Exclusiv or Comand Change I should send via midi from an external sequencer to Transpose the KN7000?

Or this time I'm missing something?

#66284 - 01/09/08 06:39 AM Re: Sys Excl or CC - Help
Bob Hendershot Offline

Well Done, Jose! You are now the SynthZone Midi Professor.

BTW you had some nice photos and music on your web site. Can't find it any more.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online