SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#66236 - 01/01/08 07:42 AM Happy New Year, and a question, lol
Jim Helwig Offline

Loc: Sebring, Florida, USA
Happy 2008 to all here in Synthzone. I do have a question regarding SD Jukebox. I have several folders on a 512 SD card that I'd like to modify. There are some tunes contained on the card that I want to delete. Can I delete individual songs or do I have to delete the entire folder and re-do the songs? If I can delete selected songs, how do I do it? If I can't delete individual songs, how do I delete the folder? I didn't see any info. in anything I have regarding the process. Thanks in advance for any help you may provide. Actually, what I did was to create a new folder then ripped a CD and coped them into the new SD card audio folder. However, I neglected to edit the track info, so no song titles were displayed. Seeing my error, I went back and edited the tracks, inserting the title. I sort of thought that by copying it to the same folder, the existing non-titled tracks would be overwritten...wrong, lol. It simply inserted the edited versions right after the non-edited ones, so I now have 26 tracks in the folder instead of the edited 13.

#66237 - 01/01/08 09:31 AM Re: Happy New Year, and a question, lol
technicsplayer Offline

Happy New Year. The procedure is in the Jukebox pdf. Click the SD button on the left side, then the List button on the right. Assuming the unwanted tracks are all in the default playlist just multiple highlight the unwanted ones and click the delete button at the bottom.
The way to avoid the problem was first to multiple check in all the tracks back to Jukebox, edit the names, then multiple check out again to SD. By re-naming the Jukebox archive it effectively created different songs compared to the existing contents of the SD card, so they were checked out to be added.

#66238 - 01/01/08 12:20 PM Re: Happy New Year, and a question, lol
Jim Helwig Offline

Thanks Alec....I'll give it a go. I just don't do enough in Jukebox to get comfortable with it, and when I do work in it, I have to review everything before I proceed. One more thing to work on for 2008, lol.

#66239 - 01/03/08 03:36 AM Re: Happy New Year, and a question, lol
technicsplayer Offline

you're very welcome

#66240 - 01/03/08 03:59 AM Re: Happy New Year, and a question, lol
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I am intrigued by this posting.

Surely it would be easier just to load the SD 512 into the KN, find the songs/folders you need to get rid of using the 'alphabetical' facility, delete them, and backup the newly updated SD Card, or is there a valid reason for doing this through Jukebox?

Audrey

#66241 - 01/03/08 05:25 AM Re: Happy New Year, and a question, lol
technicsplayer Offline

the subject was audio, not technics (or midi).

#66242 - 01/03/08 06:38 AM Re: Happy New Year, and a question, lol
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
I'm sure you are right Alec but it's just something in the way Jim describes what he did that made me wonder too...He writes:
'Actually, what I did was to create a new folder then ripped a CD and copied them into the new SD card audio folder.'
I don't recognise those actions as a good description of how one uses SD Jukebox...
Rog

#66243 - 01/03/08 12:36 PM Re: Happy New Year, and a question, lol
technicsplayer Offline

since Jim was ripping a cd, I took folder to really mean playlist.

#66244 - 01/03/08 01:31 PM Re: Happy New Year, and a question, lol
Jim Helwig Offline

Sorry all, my semantics probably weren't correct, and it is "playlist" as opposed to "folder. When I think about it, it makes perfect sense that I'd have to do it by opening Jukebox (with the SD card in the card reader) select "list" then go to the list name that I created (it was Big Band Slow) then make whatever changes or deletions I needed. I mistakenly thought that there might be a way to do it from the 7000 with the SD inserted, which there isn't. As I said, I really need to brush up on my Jukebox technique, I just don't use it enough.

#66245 - 01/03/08 03:52 PM Re: Happy New Year, and a question, lol
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
There really is no need to apologise Jim. It is the joy of this site, if you don't know how to deal with a problem or, in my case lack the knowledge - as I don't use Jukebox at all - there are many people who not only can, but are very willing to provide the answer.

I sincerely hope we can rely on this for many years to come. I for one, would be lost without it.

Audrey

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online