SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#66149 - 12/16/07 10:53 AM 2008 Florida Jam
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I am receiving requests for Information on this years Florida Keyboard Jam, so will post the preliminary information, followed by specifics on the agenda later.

Jim Helwig,John Cintorino, and myself will host it this year, but I am sure Fran and others will be willing to lend their particular talents as usual. This is what it is all about, everyone getting involved.

This year, we have secured the American Legion hall in Holiday,Fl. It is about 50 miles East of Tampa, not far from Clearwater. It has multiple rooms to facilitate various activities. It is also larger

The dates are March 18,19, and 20(Teus-Thur). We will post information on activities and Lodging as soon as Pianotuna reports in. He lives right there and graciously offered his assistance.

We are looking forward to the biggest and best yet.

Bernie

#66150 - 12/16/07 11:14 AM Re: 2008 Florida Jam
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I forgot to mention price of attendance. Naturally, it depend on the number of attendees, but it should be around $20-$25 per person. It was felt by some of the members that we should make it enough to ensure we don't have to pass the hat, and perhaps start a little treasury. We don't want to make it prohibitive, but we want this to be a perennial affair with some funds available on an ongoing basis.

This location, to me, is great, but a few would like to see it held in a larger city, for various reasons. This means higher acquisition costs and will be discussed at this years event.

A request for a head count will be made later.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online