SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#65986 - 09/22/02 07:02 PM First KN7000 Song
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Okay Folks,

We could talk about the 7K till the end of time, the question is, “How Does Is Sound.” I thought I’d try to answer at least two of the questions that have come up. How is the piano? And, are the drums really wimpy? Alec has already given us a listen to some of the vocal sounds. Since I love the orchestral stuff, I’ve put this together with one of the wonderful new styles. Everything is straight out of the box. The drum solo was sequenced in the KN6000 a few months ago and loaded into the 7K with the new Live Standard and Rock Kits which are played completely dry. Forget about my playing and listen to the sound of this baby. I’ll try to do some other instruments for you as time permits.

It’s on the mp3 page of www.kool-keys.com

#65987 - 09/22/02 08:42 PM Re: First KN7000 Song
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Frank,
Congrats on your new KN7000. I had an idea you would be one of the first people to get one. I am listening to your MP3 Demo and it sounds great. Thanks for sharing.
Hope to get down your way soon and check it out.
Best to you and yours
BEBOP

#65988 - 09/22/02 09:02 PM Re: First KN7000 Song
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Frank,
Th piano sound is indeed wonderful (technics have always been strong in this regard) and the drum solo was very interesting. The female voices in the background are they a new addition to the 7000? They sound much more superior to the ones on my 6000 which (I feel) tend to distort at high pitches.
Thanks for posting the MP3.
Tony

#65989 - 09/22/02 09:38 PM Re: First KN7000 Song
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Frank: WOW! your KN7000 demo has got me totally floored. It the first one I've heard which finally reveals just how WONDERFUL the KN7000 sounds. Gee whiz: Why could't have Technics presented yours in their inital demos?

The KN7000's acoustic piano appears to re-produce the most beautifully rich sounding overtones I've ever heard on an arranger. There is a realistic spatial quality which comes thru even on a compressed MP3. The drum cymbals, toms etc also sound awesome. The cymbals really sparkle.

Frank, I really like your movie themed composition . Is this your original? Thanks for revealing what the KN7000 really sounds like. As they say: "The proof is in the pudding". From what I've heard from your demo, the KN7000 sounds have been greatly improved over even the KN6000. You've made a believer out of me. I may now just decide to forgo its vocalizer weakness for all its other wonderful qualitys and features, particularly the awesome sounding piano. - Scott

#65990 - 09/23/02 10:46 AM Re: First KN7000 Song
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank Bez:
Okay Folks,

We could talk about the 7K till the end of time, the question is, “How Does Is Sound.” I thought I’d try to answer at least two of the questions that have come up. How is the piano? And, are the drums really wimpy? Alec has already given us a listen to some of the vocal sounds. Since I love the orchestral stuff, I’ve put this together with one of the wonderful new styles. Everything is straight out of the box. The drum solo was sequenced in the KN6000 a few months ago and loaded into the 7K with the new Live Standard and Rock Kits which are played completely dry. Forget about my playing and listen to the sound of this baby. I’ll try to do some other instruments for you as time permits.

It’s on the mp3 page of www.kool-keys.com

Frank
Please could you direct me towards that big intro to your demo song, it is really nice & I am having a bit of trouble locating it on the 7K
Thanks Johnnie

#65991 - 09/23/02 11:12 AM Re: First KN7000 Song
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Sure Johnnie,
It's in the SOUL & R&B group and it is called Modern Worship. There is really a lot of good stuff to find isn't there.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online