SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#65735 - 01/05/04 07:44 AM Song Manager Frustration
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
OK, I am officially frustrated now.

I have done everything I’ve been told to get my XP Notebook and Song Manager to talk to the PR54.

The USB “Panasonic Instrument Drive” is installed and I’m on the home page (the page that comes up when I turn on the 54) and I still get a Transmission Error.

It seems the only thing I have is a really big set of speakers for the Notebook since I can play midi songs on the Notebook and the sound comes out of the PR54 but so do all the others Notebook sounds.

Since there are no other PR54 owners on here (that I know about) and my dealer in clueless is there any chance for help!

Right now I’m glad I didn’t buy a new Notebook for Christmas to use just for this purpose.

Heather

#65736 - 01/05/04 09:17 AM Re: Song Manager Frustration
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Heather,

What exactly is the 'Error Message" ?

------------------
Larry Hawk
Technics For All

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#65737 - 01/05/04 02:25 PM Re: Song Manager Frustration
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Heather,
what exactly are you doing. Ie you've recorded your song are you now trying to send it to the song manager, or what???

I assume our kn's work the same way. Maybe we could replicate what you're doing and see if you're doing something wrong?

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by shcox:

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#65738 - 01/06/04 04:52 AM Re: Song Manager Frustration
shcox Offline

Hi Larry,

That is the error message!

"Transmission Error"

Heather

#65739 - 01/06/04 05:04 AM Re: Song Manager Frustration
shcox Offline

Hi Rikki,

It does not matter what I do. Whether I am trying to upload or download I get the same results.

I load Song Manager, select a midi file or a PR54 song that is on the computer disk and drag it to the keyboad area on the screen to upload it to the keyboard. It tells me it is going to send the file and it starts. In about 5 seconds the error message appears.

If I select Download I get a list of song/memory locations. I select one and again it starts then I get the error message.

Since my notebook is my work computer and I don't always disconnect it from the network and take it home I'm not able to work on it every night.

Heather

#65740 - 01/06/04 05:13 AM Re: Song Manager Frustration
aprilla Offline

Loc: Ireland
I get that error message if I'm not on the Home Page, but you are on the Home Page so that isn't it.

Is the installation complete? With KN2600, USB and Win XP notebook once the driver was installed I had a second set of steps to follow. In the Control Panel/Sound and Audio Devices, I had to choose,configure,install the Panasonic USB MIDI. If you like I can post the steps but perhaps you have done this? If so we'll just have to put our thinking caps on

#65741 - 01/06/04 12:22 PM Re: Song Manager Frustration
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Heather,
I'll do some checking on my song manager ( haven't really used it yet) but you'rs sounds like it may work differently.

I'm not aware of a " drag to the keyboard area" feature on the kn7 version.

With the kn7 version, there's a little folder that you open, up comes your list of areas where your styles reside ie a drive, c drive etc then pick the song you want, and it pops up in the screen, then click on download technics, up pops another screen, click on the song you want to send, and away it goes.

Have you tried reinstalling your software etc

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by shcox:
[B]Hi Rikki,

I load Song Manager, select a midi file or a PR54 song that is on the computer disk and drag it to the keyboad area on the screen to upload it to the keyboard.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#65742 - 01/06/04 01:26 PM Re: Song Manager Frustration
Sapphire Online   content

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
Heather

If you are absolutely sure that the USB panasonic drivers are installed correctly then assuming you have more that one USB port on your laptop try using another.
I have 4 ports on my laptop but my KN2600 will only appear to talk to one of them. On the others it gives me a transmission error.
Hope this works as I know the frustration involved.

Sapphire

#65743 - 01/06/04 01:43 PM Re: Song Manager Frustration
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Heather

I had the same problem with my KN7000. If you connect the card reader or KB before you load the drivers,windows chooses the default drivers. The drivers have to be loaded first. If that is what happened,you need to update your drivers.

That may not apply to you,but I kept getting the same message and had to do the above.
Best regards
Bernie

#65744 - 01/06/04 02:42 PM Re: Song Manager Frustration
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hello,

I know the frustration... I had it myself. The solution is to take the instructions and don't bother that the sequences of the dialogs are not coprrect. Just go on to do EXACTLY what is said. As said about the MS Signing.... that came much later than announced in the instructions. So my problem was more the confusing instructions than something else. Good luck. The previous writer is correct: don't connect you instrument and uninstalled the driver that give the Transmission error. Then follow the instructions of Technics and after installing, you can connect your hardware.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online