SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#65650 - 01/29/06 03:28 PM Re: Free style disk
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Craig,you are making a good point -- styles and sequenceas sound better on different keyboards.
If you are playing more contemp. music then Tyros II is a good choice. If you are into big band or music that needs fine trumpets, brass or strings, then the KN keyboards do stand out in front.

IMHO, John C.

#65651 - 01/29/06 08:57 PM Re: Free style disk
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
I downloaded the free disk from stylediskwarehouse. Great marketing strategy! Thanks everyone for pointing it out.

Did I like it? As for the sounds coming out of the PR804 speakers, the usual Technics greatness.

What do I think of the arrangement/style or putting it another way, the band? It’s not terrible, but then I don't think it's that great either. But that's me. I do like the short measure intros/endings which blend very well with the beat patterns. Some intros/endings even gave a different beat pattern when the minor chord was used. Although it only has 2 fill-Ins instead of 8 per Style.
Some Styles were not my taste, but those may come in handy someday.

But for FREE, can't "Beat" that. Pun intended...

AnthonyCian

#65652 - 01/29/06 09:17 PM Re: Free style disk
AnthonyCian Offline

To Craig_UK:

I believe there are 3 comment areas:
1. Instruments 2. Arrangement Style and 3. Musical Interest or Taste. (#4) If commenting on someone's performance.

Which area are you saying is terrible? The sounds coming out of the speakers, the arrangement or the Musical Interest?

I believe it's good and healthy to have both negative and positve feedback. But feedback should be explained a little to focus on the "why". Just simply saying terrible with no explanation leaves the door wide open for misunderstandings...

AnthonyC

#65653 - 01/30/06 12:28 AM Re: Free style disk
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
So let's get this right Craig...
You don't own a Technics keyboard and never have and yet you state on the Technics discussion forum that Neil Blake's Styledisk Warehouse styles are terrible cos you tried some once on a Tyros2.
Impressive...
Rog
p.s. Your apology is accepted by me, but I feel sorry for Neil..

#65654 - 01/30/06 04:57 AM Re: Free style disk
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
The links to these free styles have also been posted in the Yamaha forum and the general arranger. They are not just for Technics keyboards as RMepstead seems to think. I suggest you look on the website again to see you can get this free disk for other instruments. Your apology accepted as well. Get facts right before you spout off.
In response to Barry saying to me get a Technics keyboard - no thanks never will, numerous reasons why.
In response to me saying they sounded terrible I was referring to the styles programming themselves and not the sounds they were using.
I think some people may have got confused with what I posted as I was referring to the free demo disk link posted by Bebop and some others, you guys on here are on about free demo styles?
Anyway whatever enjoy the styles if you like them

#65655 - 01/30/06 12:11 PM Re: Free style disk
AnthonyCian Offline

To clear up what I downloaded. It was the free disk, TopTrax02 for the KN7000, which loaded and played OK on the PR804.

AnthonyC

#65656 - 01/30/06 12:59 PM Re: Free style disk
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Quote "In response to Barry saying to me get a Technics keyboard - no thanks never will, numerous reasons why."

Then why bother posting your feelings on a Technics Forum ??

In my opinion,which is shared by many others, Neil produces some excellent work for the Technics keyboards and has been doing so for many years. The Yamaha styles are probably quite different from the Technics styles, since they are totally different keyboards.
This being the case, I think it is unfair to state that the styles are 'terrible' when you can only have heard the Yamaha versions. How can you possibly know that the Technics versions, to which this thread refers, are 'terrible'? They may not suit your taste but I'm sure you are in a minority.
Incidentally, I note that you did not post any response on the Yamaha forum.........

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#65657 - 01/31/06 01:05 AM Re: Free style disk
stanlondon Offline

I have the Tyros and the KN6500. I've downloaded the disk for both these instruments and it sounds excellent on both. Don't see what the fuss is over the demo disks either - I have them also and they are all fine on both instruments. Has someone got it in for Styledisk Warehouse? They're GIVING AWAY disks and get flack for it! Great forum by the way, keep it up.

#65658 - 01/31/06 02:59 PM Re: Free style disk
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Willum,

Sorry Im Kinda confused as to who your
directing your comments too.

Cheers Barry

#65659 - 01/31/06 03:33 PM Re: Free style disk
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Barry - the quote was extracted from Craigs last posting..... and my comments were addressed to him. I don't expect he will respond as I understand he has left Synthzone for good

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online