SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#65420 - 01/29/04 01:21 PM Re: KN7000 Update 1.6 warning
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I don't have a KN7000 but I can't help but wonder why, if Eddie Williams in the U.S. provides disks and assistance to owners, shouldn't Chris Whitehead be offering the same service to the U.K. owners? And shouldn't Technics, through Eddie Williams and Chris Whitehead, offer an explanation to owners why they should install these upgrades and what impact, if any, failure to install will have on their instruments. It seems to me that rather than getting upgrades from Germany, U.K. owners should be getting upgrades direct from our U.K. Technics representatives along with appropriate instructions/explanations written in English.

Just some thoughts.

Chuck

#65421 - 01/29/04 01:40 PM Re: KN7000 Update 1.6 warning
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
The link you ask for Johnnie, I don't know where to find.
GJ

Gunnar Jonny
I am very sorry .
I went to edit my post and I deleted it by mistake.
It does not really matter because you have covered it well.

#65422 - 01/29/04 02:25 PM Re: KN7000 Update 1.6 warning
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I Wrote to Eddie Williams about the v 1.6 upgrade and here is his reply for all US owners:

Hey Bill.

Hope all is well with you. Just wanted to let you know that I do have 1.6. Just have folks give me a call. I also wanted to let you so you can pass it along to the Synthzone Gang. Matsushita is continuing to support the musical instrument products service and parts. I will be at the 1-800-Pantune (option 3) 10:00 to 7:00 east coast Monday – Friday.

Eddie Williams/Technics Musical Instruments

Technical Service Representative III

Panasonic Customer Call Center

661 Independence Parkway

Chesapeake, Va. 23320

1-800-726-8863 option 3

williamse@panasonic.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill (BEBOP) Forrest [mailto:bforrest@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 11:07 AM
To: Williams, Edward
Subject: KN7 version 1.6 upgrade?
Importance: High

HI Eddie,

I just posted this on the forum and wonder if you might have a response to it for our members:

Has anyone yet received or asked Eddie Williams for a Version 1.6 update. I have not but wonder if anyone else has. He sent me 1.5 and it works fine.
Let us all know,
Thanks to Eddie for 1.5. Eddie Williams is our official factory rep here is the US
Bebop

BEBOP
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
ICQ # 562519
Email: bforrest@ix.netcom.com WEBSITE: http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

#65423 - 01/29/04 02:59 PM Re: KN7000 Update 1.6 warning
Chuck Piper Offline

If Eddie Williams is making 1.6 available to owners in the U.S., it begs the question why Chris Whitehead isn't offering the same service to U.K. owners.

Again, just a thought.

Chuck

#65424 - 01/29/04 03:24 PM Re: KN7000 Update 1.6 warning
Anonymous
Unregistered

Maybe we are getting even. You dudes got the reader + in your package that we did not.

If Whitehead does not reply, we yanks will gladly share our official copy.

Fran in Florida

#65425 - 01/30/04 03:01 AM Re: KN7000 Update 1.6 warning
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by ogre:
Reading all this makes me wonder why Technics Europe/UK has never issued any updates

There is no specific Technics Europe. Mainly each country or parts of Europe have there own (main)distributor. The Netherlands for instance "Haagmeyer Techno", find that out if you are searching on web.
So for Germany that is Taiyo. the 1.6. update therefore is an official update.
By the way Taiyo produces some nice disks too. I especialy like the guitar disk. Listen to the demos).

rgds.
Willem

#65426 - 01/30/04 07:23 AM Re: KN7000 Update 1.6 warning
Chuck Piper Offline

Hi Fran,

If I decide to buy a KN7000 I will gladly accept your offer of a copy of the several upgrades issued to date.

Willem,

I understand the point you have made about main dealers in Europe. We do not have a main dealer in the U.K. who acts as the sole source for upgrades. In fact, we have a full-fledged Technics office which is even better, yet the personnel in that office have never offered upgrades to KN owners. My question is - WHY? We U.K. KN owners are forced to go to a German site for technical support when Technics representatives are here and available in the U.K. Makes no sense. And finally, all of this discussion is really a waste of time now that Technics is out of business, so I will save my breath to cool my coffee.

Chuck

#65427 - 02/19/04 08:03 PM Re: KN7000 Update 1.6 warning
Brucey Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
Folks

Again i draw your attention to the Australian site: http://www.panasonic.com.au/support/downloads/results.cfm?ProductCode=SX%2DKN7000&CategoryID=16

the 1.5 and 1.6 downloads are on this site. Seems to me that technics australia woudldn't put them there if they weren't necessary.

I AM having problems with my KN7000.

When I load styles into panel memory the volume increase is dramatic.

When playing using right part one i switch to right part 2 and when i go back to right part 1 the volume drops dramatically.

The repeat on the banjo and madolin sounds go crazy.

So i guess i do need an upgrade.

Ps Chris Whitehead still hasn't answered my email from 6 weeks ago.

Bruce

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkW:
Hi all,

Now that Technics will be winding things down, so to speak, I wonder whether update 1.6 might never be available through official channels in the UK?

This leads me to think that if I should ever want to take advantage of the fixes in version 1.6, I would need to take the unsupported route of updating from the Taiyo site.

What worries me about this (apart from this being an unsupported upgrade route) is that there is a warning on www.kn7000.de that you mustn't install this version if you use the Plug-ins from Key Soft. Although I don't intend to use the Key Soft Plug-ins, this makes me nervous as it sounds like they have broken compatibility with previous versions at some level.

Also, if I upgrade to 1.6 and I find at some point in the future that I need to go back to 1.3, is there a way that I can re-install 1.3?

I'd appreciate any thoughts on these issues that any of you may have.

Cheers,
Mark.

#65428 - 02/19/04 08:09 PM Re: KN7000 Update 1.6 warning
Brucey Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
Folks

Actually it loooks like technics australia only has th 1.5 update

please let me know.

Bruce

Quote:
Originally posted by Brucey:
Folks

Again i draw your attention to the Australian site: http://www.panasonic.com.au/support/downloads/results.cfm?ProductCode=SX%2DKN70 00&CategoryID=16

the 1.5 and 1.6 downloads are on this site. Seems to me that technics australia woudldn't put them there if they weren't necessary.

I AM having problems with my KN7000.

When I load styles into panel memory the volume increase is dramatic.

When playing using right part one i switch to right part 2 and when i go back to right part 1 the volume drops dramatically.

The repeat on the banjo and madolin sounds go crazy.

So i guess i do need an upgrade.

Ps Chris Whitehead still hasn't answered my email from 6 weeks ago.

Bruce

#65429 - 02/20/04 01:21 AM Re: KN7000 Update 1.6 warning
Mike ORegan Offline

I have been in touch with Abel Taiyo in Germany about upgrades, among other things.
For what it is worth, here is a summary of what I discovered:
1. Upgrades later than 1.4 are purely "cosmetic" in that they correct some language irregularities, in both German & English tables.
2. V 1.6 corrected some faults in V 1.5 and it not strictly necessary unless 1.5 had been installed.
3. Unless you are into semantics, V 1.4 is perfectly adequate and the upgrade is still available on two disks.
4. Finally, if anyone has installed Keysoft plug-ins, they should get their update files, if required, directly from Keysoft.
Mike O'R

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online