SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#65430 - 02/20/04 03:51 AM Re: KN7000 Update 1.6 warning
technicsplayer Offline

exactly what we've known and said all along...

#65431 - 02/20/04 04:39 AM Re: KN7000 Update 1.6 warning
Brucey Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
ok do where can i obtain the 1.4 update

Bruce

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike ORegan:
I have been in touch with Abel Taiyo in Germany about upgrades, among other things.
For what it is worth, here is a summary of what I discovered:
1. Upgrades later than 1.4 are purely "cosmetic" in that they correct some language irregularities, in both German & English tables.
2. V 1.6 corrected some faults in V 1.5 and it not strictly necessary unless 1.5 had been installed.
3. Unless you are into semantics, V 1.4 is perfectly adequate and the upgrade is still available on two disks.
4. Finally, if anyone has installed Keysoft plug-ins, they should get their update files, if required, directly from Keysoft.
Mike O'R

#65432 - 02/20/04 04:55 AM Re: KN7000 Update 1.6 warning
Anonymous
Unregistered

Received the 1.6 yesterday from Eddie Williams. Installed with no problems. It has not corrected my one problem. The pianos go off key afterplaying for a while. Change to another instrument and back to piano and it is all right for a minute or so and goes off key again.

Eddie suggested it could be the Glide Control setting in the foot switch. Changed that and still have the problem. Guess I will have to put it in the shop.

Fran in Florida

#65433 - 02/20/04 05:09 AM Re: KN7000 Update 1.6 warning
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Thread here is now more than 32 items long! I am still puzzled as to WHY we are supposed to upgrade the 7000 when it seems to be working just fine as it is?! I have found in the past that upgrades sometimes are worse than the orginal configuration(s); so I have put off doing so until I get some definite reason that I should (MUST!) upgrade. I have been using my 7000 since November 2002, and have not had a single problem nor glitch (yet). So, until I receive a verbal bop on the head and someone who is really expert at these things can convince me I HAVE to upgrade, I still will not do so. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

(My two cents worth today; any further comments?)

Ted

#65434 - 02/20/04 07:09 AM Re: KN7000 Update 1.6 warning
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Brucey, if you will go back into the many posts over the past year and a half you will find many, many discussions on the same problem you are having. Volume jumping and crazy sounding voices. Your board doesn't need fixing. The way you use the APC volume slider, the position of the modulation wheel, the way you save to the panel memory section are what need fixing, not the board. Misuse of the volume pedal has also caused much frustration if you have one.

Doug

#65435 - 02/20/04 07:37 AM Re: KN7000 Update 1.6 warning
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Brucie,
I am one of those that had problems with the sound levels suddenly changing and It was hard to convince me that something was wrong other than the keyboard.
Doug is right in that there is a big interaction between the use of an expression pedal, the position of the APC slider, the position of the modulation wheel, how things are saved in the panel memories and, I might add, the items that have been selected in the Panel Memory Filter and the Data Protection Filter.
I can only explain it by the fact that the keyboard operating system "samples" all of these settings and produces a result based on the total aggregate.
As an example, the expression pedal, if used, does not control the audio output level directly like a volume control but it's value (depending upon physical position) is merely looked at by the operating system software and added to the mix. The same with the APC slider.
Under certain conditions these can all be altered by the panel memories and/or a loaded sequencer file.
Sometimes it's hard to find just where your little gremlin that's causing the problem is hiding, but it's there somewhere.
Keep looking and exploring and I am sure you will find and be able to correct the problem.
Good Luck,
Walt

#65436 - 02/20/04 12:45 PM Re: KN7000 Update 1.6 warning
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Very good advice Walt!

Doug

#65437 - 02/20/04 01:02 PM Re: KN7000 Update 1.6 warning
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ted,

If I was not having trouble with my piano sounds I would not have upgraded from 1.3.

I was only hoping the upgrades would fix my problem.

Fran in Florida

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online