Topic Options
#65299 - 05/17/05 10:52 AM Re: Preset Ending Frustration
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Thx All,
For the comments. Composer I use a lot and I know is really
the way to do it.But in my gig singers just
call songs one after another.I find a rhythm
and away we go ,then i sweat the whole way through the song thinking "How the hell do I end this".If there was a simple end fill with a nice sustained chord -------Ah well.
Still the enjoyment I get from my Kn2600
makes up.
Cheers to all

Barry

#65300 - 05/17/05 11:37 AM Re: Preset Ending Frustration
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone explain why all the endings,Barry

Hi Folks, You could try this.

To make it simple I quote the Key of CMaj.

If backing a singer, or, playing for yourself. When you reach the end of a tune
and are about to hit the last chord CMaj to finish, Don't hit Cmaj, hit Ab. then play around with Fm7 and Fm6 and finish on CMaj.
I say play around with Fm7, Fm6, because playing around will teach you the better ways and alternative ways to finish the tune. It's good practice, and makes no difference If playing by ear or reading.
I know Barry reads. And John. If playing in another key simply transpose the chords to suit the key you are playing in.
Regards.
Joe.

#65301 - 05/17/05 12:52 PM Re: Preset Ending Frustration
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
It also helps if you have a footswitch set up to stop the rhythm, then you can concentrate on your finishing chords/'play around'...

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#65302 - 05/17/05 01:13 PM Re: Preset Ending Frustration
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi All,

I really believe that this question has different answers depending on your use of the keyboard in the first place.

I really enjoyed listening to Rog play at the jam because his songs were recognizable.(As were many of the other players)
However, as a home player I use all preset or built-in styles, fills, beginning and endings. (Built-in include styles on disk from past keyboards).

I find I don't always want to play a song the same way every time I play it and I can usually find at least 3 different styles that will work for a given song.

As for the instruments being different than the one used in the melody, this has more to do with setup preparation. It's a matter of listening to the beginnings and ending and arranging your song so you start with and voice used in the Beginning and end with a voice used in the Ending. It seems pretty simple.

Now, One Touch Play is another animal altogether and it can be kept in the gage because I have never found this to be useful.

Just my 2 cents work or what ever converted to your currency. LOL

------------------
Heather- Leesburg, FL PR54

#65303 - 05/17/05 02:06 PM Re: Preset Ending Frustration
Bazz Woods Offline

Joe,
Good to hear from you again and all others included.
Sorry I might have explained myself incorrectly.
"How the hell do I end this" I didnt mean
musically, I meant trying to end without hitting the awful ending fill.
Shcox
"As for the instruments being different than the one used in the melody, this has more to do with setup preparation. It's a matter of listening to the beginnings and ending and arranging your song so you start with and voice used in the Beginning and end with a voice used in the Ending. It seems pretty simple."
Thanks for your comment but thats part of the problem.I dont want to use the sounds of the end fills at all.There usually nothing to do with the song the rhythm is trying to emulate.

Cheers Barry

#65304 - 05/17/05 07:06 PM Re: Preset Ending Frustration
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
One more thought ---- no two-- the styles on the Kn7 are good --intro's--endings--fills--
Second thought
but-there goes that little word again, I have heard a intro played followed by a player who is not equally talented -- it sounds like two different bands. listeners hear the difference--they become aware that you are playing some kind of recorded device.

The cure is muting some fo the Acc, parts, make the intro sound closer to your playing ability. If you make it simple, you can add some of the flavor of the song you are about to play (while the intro is being played)-- possibly the first 8 to 10 notes of the song.

My thoughts, John C.

[This message has been edited by bruno123 (edited 05-17-2005).]

#65305 - 05/18/05 01:09 AM Re: Preset Ending Frustration
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Bazz - whilst your singers might call out the songs in any order, is it always the same songs? (accepting there may be 30 or 40 of them)....cos....
That being the case you really should preprepare what it is you are going to back them with for each song and save those registrations to your SD Card including intros and endings - for immediate call up.
If they are standard hit songs I might well have specific rhythms including the right intros and endings to help you out...
Rog

#65306 - 05/18/05 12:14 PM Re: Preset Ending Frustration
Bazz Woods Offline

Rog,

Cheers for that, sods law you get the odd
awkward song.
I agree theres no easy way,I have created and saved a lot of the more popular songs
on my SD card .I think the frustration arises from me having played live for 25 years and expecting the impossible.
I have just downloaded the KN2000 etc files
and because the fills are simpler they are actually more useable.
I understand the sales logic in making everything sound so big and impressive.
Thx again for the offer .

Barry

#65307 - 05/18/05 06:43 PM Re: Preset Ending Frustration
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Barry,

Have you experimented using "Sound Arranger"? Give this a try.

Anthony

#65308 - 05/19/05 08:24 AM Re: Preset Ending Frustration
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Are registrations saved for these songs? If so, couldn't an ending be saved in a pad?
t.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online