SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#65277 - 05/30/07 09:36 AM Oh Joy! It's back!!!!
ochre aka ogre Offline

Loc: UK
A couple of months ago I reported that my KN7000 had died following an attempted update provided by a German site.

It returned from hospital yesterday sounding as good as ever, and with update 1.6 which I had been trying to load.

The repairman said that it was pretty unlikely that the update had done the damage - although this could not entirely be ruled out - but that certainly the motherboard had been severely damaged, adding that this sometimes happens for no apparent reason......

Thought you might like to know that production of motherboards ceased when Technics withdrew from the music field. When available new boards cost something in excess of £1000 (around $2000). Boards are only repairable at Technics, Japan and these cost around £550, which although more reasonable is still a pretty hefty price to pay.

Thought long and hard about getting the repair done but I love my kn7 and there's still not much on the market to touch it for sounds and styles etc.

Just thought you might like to know.....

Peter

#65278 - 05/30/07 03:28 PM Re: Oh Joy! It's back!!!!
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
A very wise choice if I may say so Peter. I know I would have done the same because like you, as yet, I've seen/heard nothing that compares with the KN7000.

May you have many more hours of enjoyment from your 'old friend'.

Audrey

PS - Was the repair done in England? If so, what is the name of the company who did it?

#65279 - 05/31/07 02:33 AM Re: Oh Joy! It's back!!!!
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Peter,

I'm glad to hear that you are back in 'the land of music' again

My Insurance Policy ? Like some other Forum members, I just bought a second KN7000 I would be absolutely lost without my favourite 'Toy'

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#65280 - 05/31/07 10:07 AM Re: Oh Joy! It's back!!!!
ochre aka ogre Offline

Hi Audrey,
Repair was done in Peterborough by W.D.Greenhill & Co TEL 01702 546195.
They were recommended by Technics UK who don't do any repair work. They have a website which is quite interesting.
Back to my keyboard.........

Peter

#65281 - 06/01/07 07:34 AM Re: Oh Joy! It's back!!!!
jd5live Offline

Loc: Bilston , West Midlands,Englan...
HI,
GREAT YOUR BACK!!!!!!!!!. Happy playing,welcome back to the real world of music
Reagads John

#65282 - 06/01/07 01:53 PM Re: Oh Joy! It's back!!!!
Chris Housley Offline

Hi To you all.
I to have just had to have the main CPU PCB board replaced at a cost of £600-00 !!.
The work was also carried out by WD Greenhill..Won't want many more repairs at this cost again ... but it was worth it.
Chris.

#65283 - 06/03/07 09:29 AM Re: Oh Joy! It's back!!!!
ochre aka ogre Offline

Hi Chris,

Commiserations - I know exactly how your'e feeling............

Peter

#65284 - 06/07/07 07:56 AM Re: Oh Joy! It's back!!!!
Joe Baron Offline

Loc: England
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ochre aka ogre:

[Thought you might like to know that production of motherboards ceased when Technics withdrew from the music field.

Hi.
I did a post a few months ago about W.D.Greenhills. After speaking to the owner he assued me he is now the main dealer for Tehnics parts UK. If you take your KN7000 to your local dealer they will contact Tehnics UK for a replacement part,who in turn will contact W.D.Greenhills for the part. So cheaper and faster for the local dealer to contact W.D.Greenhills direct. You may find it strange but local dealers don't know about W.D.Greenhills,st least mine didn't till I informed them. W.D.Greenhills will sell you a workshop manual also.
Regards.
joe

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online