SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#65262 - 07/03/02 11:52 PM software from backup on kn7000
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
I have a technics kn6500 and I made a backup from the hard disk with the program hd techmanager 6000.
When you make a backup you obtain three directories...part 1 , 2 and 3.
This is the same as the harddisk on the keyboard.
When I look at the backup on my computer...I see that all the files have a number.
Originaly the files where on my keyboard under a certain name and under a certain directory....in order to find the needed file very fast.
Will it be possible to load this backup through Usb on the technics kn7000.
How will the kn7000 now what file is where ?

Alain

#65263 - 07/04/02 12:54 AM Re: software from backup on kn7000
technicsplayer Offline

if you have saved ttx files you should have 26 character filenames for all the files.

the backup identifies files for each partition by a 3 digit directory number and a two digit file number, but all the long file names texts are still contained within the ttx file.

the easiest method is to use the techmanager print function which will list out all the long filenames per location in a professional way.

To save paper it is much better to use a virtual printer.

I would need 120 pages of A4 to print the contents of a single partition at max resolution. So I print into adobe creator and put the pdf file on the cd with the partition contents. Then it is easy to search for song name texts in the adobe and then copy the relevant files out.

A pc multi rename program could also be used to rename the 5 digit files and prepare new playlists on the pc in preparation for loading if you so wished. However it would be far better to wait and see how the 7000 displays before doing any work.

The beta leaflet talked of downloading data from the web and sending it directly to the 7000 using the Song Manager software. It seems a logical assumption that if you can do this through the usb you should be able to do the same for your sx6 backup from pc or cd. We shall find out for sure in a couple of weeks.

#65264 - 07/13/02 01:28 AM Re: software from backup on kn7000
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
Thanks Alec for your reply.
I made a stupid mistake I think.....I made a backup off my harddisk ...part1,2 and 3.
All songs have a ttx file.
I sold my kn6500 with the program techmanager but I forgot to print out the content off the harddisk.
Will I still be able to use this backup and now where I can find my files ?
Thanks,
Alain

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online