SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#6523 - 11/11/02 01:30 PM Roland JP9000/9090 Rumour
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
There is a Rumour that roland will finally release the JP9000. how old is the jp-8000 now?

#6524 - 11/11/02 01:45 PM Re: Roland JP9000/9090 Rumour
tekminus Offline

It came out 96 or 97. I remember the Nordlead came out before that and that was in 95. Then Roland went ahead and called the JP-8000 the first ever virtual analog

Clavia 1 - Roland 0

#6525 - 11/14/02 08:06 PM Re: Roland JP9000/9090 Rumour
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have an 8000 (JP)...anybody wanna buy it?

The only musical interest Roland has these days is the money they can get. There were days when the company was decent. Like when they made mostly analog equipment. I once was proud of being a player / rep at NAMM in the 80's and it's all that it took to become an endorsee. These days no way. They don't bro nuthin to nobody and if you are under a contracted endorsement, you will work twice as hard money's worth as compared to whatever it is they give you.
One thing every veteran keyboardist should know if they don't already:
Never ever trust Roland on equipment release dates and pricing. You'll be left for dead.
The company is way too tight for me to ever wish to deal with anymore.
Also: If you have new Roland gear and it breaks under warranty, whatever you do, do not put a screwdriver to it to peek inside. This is a mistake, don't do it or your warrantee will void. Encasement fasteners on Roland gear are tamper evident on the inside, and not detectable by the human eye. Even if you dont even look inside and just remove the encasing fasteners and put them back immediately without doing a single thing to the unit, you will get a letter stating that your warrantee is irreversibly void on serial # ...ect. If you have new Roland gear and took it apart, yet they still repaired it under warrantee afterwards, consider yourself blessed.
MORPH

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online