SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#65212 - 01/07/05 12:36 PM Copying individual Composer accomp parts
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Within the composer copy windows I see it's possible to copy say: accompaniment part 3 from variation 1 of any style TO say: accompaniment part 3 of any variation (1-4)in memory banks a-b-c.

But is it possible to copy say: accompaniment part 3 from a variation to say accompaniment part 1 or does the copied part always have to be placed in the same acc part within the newly chosen Variation?

Is it also possible to copy an accompaniment part from say: Fill in 1 variation 1 to say: fill in 1 variation 2, i've not seen any window that allows you to do this?

Kind regards to all, many thanks for any help

All the best

Peter Loudon

#65213 - 01/07/05 03:29 PM Re: Copying individual Composer accomp parts
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Peter, The simple answer is that you can mix and match virtually any of the variation parts of one composer memory to another composer memory, or even within the same memory. The parts should be from composer styles with the same bar length. Copying any Fill-in to another Fill-in is possible - again, provided they are the same length - usually just one bar. This can be done from one composer style to another or within the same composer style. Incidentally, it is quite possible to create Fill-ins of more than just one bar and style lengths can be up to 16 bars

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#65214 - 01/07/05 10:30 PM Re: Copying individual Composer accomp parts
Peter Lowden Offline

Hi Bill,

Many thanks for your help and advice.

Could you give me a pointer then Bill as to where the screen is where you can take say:

The individual Accompaniment part 3 off variation A. And copy this part to say: the individual accompaniment part 1 off Variation C.

The window where i'm trying to copy acc parts is as follows:

Program menus
composer
Pattern copy
Page 2/2

It's in this window where I've been copying parts but like I say you don't get the option to put an accompaniment part in a different position, part 1 always gets copied to part 1 and part 2 to part 2 etc etc, be it that the part can I know be copied to a different variation.

Really puzzled by this.

Hoping you can help further Bill

Kind regards to all

Peter

#65215 - 01/07/05 11:40 PM Re: Copying individual Composer accomp parts
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Peter, it's possible to do what you want on page 2/2.

The right side (TO) is fixed which is rightly so, because you need the standard Drum 1, Drum 2, Bass, Accomp 1-5... The changes are done on the left side (FROM).

The trick is, is to know what you want on the "TO" side first.

Use the PART button to scroll down to Accomp1 on the "TO" side, this will also match the "FROM" side which should also show Accomp1 (unless previously changed).

On the "FROM" side, where you see Accomp1, you can change it to Accomp5 using the arrows at the bottom of the screen. Change it to Accomp 5.

The "TO" side will assign this to Accomp1. You need to go to the Func column (on the "TO" side and scroll to "Copy" using the the arrows at the bottom of the screen, then click ok. You just took Accomp 5 and copied it to Accomp 1.

Follow the same procedure on the rest of the columns and rows to your liking.

...Editable...........Fixed
.....FROM.......=.....TO
Var1 Accomp2 = Accomp1
Var2 Accomp1 = Accomp2
Var3 Accomp1 = Accomp3
Var4 Accomp1 = Accomp4
Var4 Accomp2 = Accomp5

Hope this helps.

Anthony

[This message has been edited by AnthonyCian (edited 01-07-2005).]

#65216 - 01/08/05 12:07 AM Re: Copying individual Composer accomp parts
Peter Lowden Offline

FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Staring me in the face all the time, must get some glasses Anthony

Thanks everso for taking the time to point me in the right direction

Kind regards to all What a brilliant forum this is.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online