SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#64994 - 05/13/03 04:08 AM Style files etc!
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
Can anyone please help a poor old codger before he completely loses what few brain cells he has left !!
I have Alex's book and CD but however I try to load the style files into my KN7000 it doesn't work. I follow the instructions meticulously and apparently get the files onto the SD card or floppy. Either media, having been previously cleared now show "x" percent used but as soon as I attempt to load into custom style the ****** thing says that the file I am attempting to load is empty. The same thing happens to styles downloaded from Neil's site although midi files give no trouble.
I am obviously doing something wrong but I can't figure out just what and my previously golden locks have turned a mucky shade of grey. Any help would be greatly appreciated

#64995 - 05/13/03 12:20 PM Re: Style files etc!
technicsplayer Offline

first of all which files do you wish to load? there are three technics types on the cd and each is dealt with in their respective sections.

#64996 - 05/14/03 01:01 AM Re: Style files etc!
trevorjohn Offline

Thank you Alex for your reply. For example I have transferred the total contents 32MB file onto a 64MB SD card but the KN7000 still says the files are empty although the SD card is said to have contents which were not there before I made the transfer. The same thing happens if I try to follow anything in 8.13. My PC says they are there and the KN7000 says they aint.
Will be away from the PC for a couple of days.
Many thanks.

#64997 - 05/14/03 03:48 AM Re: Style files etc!
technicsplayer Offline

ok then, step by step, you say transferred the total backup - this means you have restored the total backup contents as described in the instructions in 4.17 using Song Manager? this will wipe the card as explained.

All you need then is just to put the audio tracks on the card by either ripping the audio cd with the first part of 8.04 (easy with auto checkout), or alternatively, converting the wave files or mp3s with 8.06 and 8.07.

8.13 as stated in the first two lines is performed with a blank card that has been prepared with the instructions in 5.01 and 5.02 for however many folder you need.

It is not necessary to do this if restoring the total backup since in a few seconds your card will have all the demos, the 683 styles, complete with favourite songs and user song medley complete.

#64998 - 05/15/03 08:47 AM Re: Style files etc!
trevorjohn Offline

Thanks again Alex. I have followed the instructions for transferring the total back-up in 8.13. But, when I try to open any of the files my PC says "Installer Error" Cannot open Back-ups Total contents 32MB sdb. Any suggestions?

#64999 - 05/15/03 11:47 AM Re: Style files etc!
technicsplayer Offline

are you saying that opening the 'total contents 32MB.sdb' file from the SD Restore dialog in the SD Manage menu of Song Manager fails?

I just checked a production copy of the cd rather than my masters and it worked.

try copying the file to a temporary folder on your pc and opening it from there to see if your cd is ok.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online