SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#64719 - 11/30/02 05:52 PM A lot of us deleted spyware off our PC U need to DL the new adaware tho!!!
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
Remember when I posted about spyware? People were reluctant to use adaware until so many had a crap load of spyware found with it here. Well, that version of adaware is too old to protect you now. If you scan with it and find nothing, it means nothing! Just like virus's spyware changes all the time. I got the newest version of adaware and found 23 spies on my pc after finding none with the older version. Newer spyware is more intense now, and it take less of them to bog down your pc! I have just 48 ram on this old pc, and 23 of them slowed me down to a crawl! I have version 5.83 now. I found out about the new version because believe it or not, a spyware program had deleted every trace of adaware off my pc except for a log folder! Unreal! So I went to get it again and found it was a newer version. It found spyware on my pc that date back more than a month ago, So be smart and protect yourself! Go to www.download.com and type in adaware in the search bar, and it comes up 1st. If you have a problem downloading it, click on the lavasoft link "the maker" and try one of the mirror link downloads. Man, that spyware thing ought to be illegal! What a pain. As of now though nothing is being done about it. help win the fight aagainst spayware and keep your pc clean of them. Make the jerks fight to be on our pc's. Its all we can do.
Tony

#64720 - 12/01/02 03:17 AM Re: A lot of us deleted spyware off our PC U need to DL the new adaware tho!!!
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Thanks for the tip Sparky - Good Advice

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#64721 - 12/01/02 03:28 AM Re: A lot of us deleted spyware off our PC U need to DL the new adaware tho!!!
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
The big queestion is, what tool are made to
remove the worst spy of them all?
I guess Bill Gates and his disiples know
everything there is to know about us, so who
cares anyway
As long as we behave properly, there are no
reason to think about it, is it?

OK, I agree in privacy, but I'm pretty sure
about that there are still spyware left in
our computers even if we think it is removed.
Happy playing.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#64722 - 12/01/02 07:35 AM Re: A lot of us deleted spyware off our PC U need to DL the new adaware tho!!!
Sparky Offline

Well Jonny,
First of all windows XP has spyware built right into it. XP spyware by the way is quite harmless but can not be deleted. So xp users cannot hide anything from ole Bill Gates. Something that the government had said no to, but bill did it anyways and the government did nothing about it. And why is that? I suspect 2 reasons. Maybe a payoff, which bill can surely afford to do. 2nd is the high crime rate and potential that spyware has to help fight crime after years of developing better and better spyware. Spyware will be really handy to fight crime with more and more people using PC's. There is a lot of girls meeting men over the pc and getting raped, kidnapped, and murdered while doing so. So I am sure the government may have been convinced that spyware can be useful.
And about your other quote " As long as we behave properly, there are no
reason to think about it, is it?" Yes there is. When your pc begins to malfunction, and slow to a crawl, getting more and more "illegal operations and will shut down" errors, you will surely think about it. hehe
You see when that error comes up, and shuts down whatever you are using, it is often because there is not enough system resources available to handle things, without having to shut down. To those of you who get that error in many program, often, the reason is that you have so many spyware programs running in the background that they are using up all your resources! About 90 % of pc users have spyware on their pc! Only a few users do not. And those few, probably soon will. It is a huge problem! I am sure that some people here remember people reporting back with the number of spyware they found with adaware on their pc. Many had over 50 of them. Some had over 100! And most had at least 20-30. I was talking to a woman online last week. She had pc problems, and I helped her out. I knew it was spyware because of her symtoms. Turned out she had 189 of them on her pc! That's right! 189! Unreal. Her pc which had 256 ram, was running like a 386 puter with a 14k modem! LOL After running spyware and cleaning them out with it, She was up and flying. Only thing now is after deleting 189 of them, and never doing a defrag in more than a year, her hard drive was so fragmented that it won't even do a defrag now. It can't get past 10 %.
Tony

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
The big queestion is, what tool are made to
remove the worst spy of them all?
I guess Bill Gates and his disiples know
everything there is to know about us, so who
cares anyway
As long as we behave properly, there are no
reason to think about it, is it?

OK, I agree in privacy, but I'm pretty sure
about that there are still spyware left in
our computers even if we think it is removed.
Happy playing.
GJ

#64723 - 12/01/02 10:26 AM Re: A lot of us deleted spyware off our PC U need to DL the new adaware tho!!!

Tony, the big question is how all that spyware find the way
to the PC, and when discover about 200 of them, there are
more to it than the spyware to get trouble like you describe.
If you install all kind of stuff, nessesary or not, then you
get trouble anyway, spyware or not.
Everyone who use computers for a while learn to know about it
and sometime most all of us will experience a crash or slower
machines who needs to be cleaned a bit.

It's kind of you to remind and help people, but it's not too
long ago since this subject was speaked about a lot.
My point is that there is no reason to upset people to be more
or less paranoid about these things, much more fun to use our
machines when not pay to much attention to this spy running
around.
Personally I like James Bond quite a lot
GJ

#64724 - 12/01/02 11:06 AM Re: A lot of us deleted spyware off our PC U need to DL the new adaware tho!!!
Sparky Offline

Well Jonny. If you don't mind your email address being sent out to many marketing companies so you get more and more crap mail, thats your parogative. And if you use your credit card online and don't mind your number being stolen, thats also up to you. If you don't mind your pc getting slower and slower thats cool too.
To answer your question about 200 of them thing,,,, They multiply. I didnt mean this woman had 189 different companies spying on her. She had about 20 of them. But A few of them had multiplied and were in so many folders all running at the same time.
Paranoid answer is,
If someone does not care about spyware, then they are not parniod. And if they do care, then they are happy to rid of spyware. So where is the harm I ask, in warning people. So many people were happy to get rid of spyware last time that I reposted for those people. Those who didn't care about it, either ignored my post, or posted a negative response like you did. And I remember thinking the same thing as I do about your post. Not much. Because I did help enough people to make it all worth it. And if I annoyed a couple people, they must be annoyed easily and need to chill out is all.
Myself, I think spyware is just as much an invasion of my privacy, and rights as virus is. Just less harmful. However it can sometimes be more harmful than some viruses.

By the way, There is another effective spyware remover call spybot. But it can NOT ever be uninstalled no matter what you do. It is there for good, And has been known to cause a few Problems with some users. I do not recommend it.
Tony

#64725 - 12/01/02 11:08 AM Re: A lot of us deleted spyware off our PC U need to DL the new adaware tho!!!
Sparky Offline

Oh, and to answer your 1st question Jonny, It finds its way onto your Pc by surfing web sites, or installing programs, and then multiplies over time and pc use.

#64726 - 12/01/02 12:43 PM Re: A lot of us deleted spyware off our PC U need to DL the new adaware tho!!!

It's no harm in warn and advice people like
you do Tony, really.
But I'm a lot at the web, and even get a huge
amount of junkmail, and even so, the spyware
cleaner AdAware 5.83 and latest definitions
don't find anything here, just as last time
this was an issue at this forum.

Maybe it's the firewall and virusprog who cause
the clean PC, I don't know, but it seems like
there is possible to avoid those spywares, or
maybe they are too well hidden?
Happy playing and surfing
GJ

#64727 - 12/01/02 03:11 PM Re: A lot of us deleted spyware off our PC U need to DL the new adaware tho!!!
Sparky Offline

Surely its cuz u have a firewall.
Tony

#64728 - 12/02/02 05:55 PM Re: A lot of us deleted spyware off our PC U need to DL the new adaware tho!!!
Sparky Offline

I guess PC's with a lot of ram can handle more spyware without bogging or crashing. I just got an email from a visitor to my website saying thank you for the adaware advice, he just found over 300 of them on his pc! I only have 48 ram and 30 of them bog me down!

#64729 - 12/03/02 03:39 AM Re: A lot of us deleted spyware off our PC U need to DL the new adaware tho!!!
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Sparky:
Remember when I posted about spyware? People were reluctant to use adaware until so many had a crap load of spyware found with it here. Well, that version of adaware is too old to protect you now. If you scan with it and find nothing, it means nothing! Just like virus's spyware changes all the time. I got the newest version of adaware and found 23 spies on my pc after finding none with the older version. Newer spyware is more intense now, and it take less of them to bog down your pc! I have just 48 ram on this old pc, and 23 of them slowed me down to a crawl! I have version 5.83 now. I found out about the new version because believe it or not, a spyware program had deleted every trace of adaware off my pc except for a log folder! Unreal! So I went to get it again and found it was a newer version. It found spyware on my pc that date back more than a month ago, So be smart and protect yourself! Go to www.download.com and type in adaware in the search bar, and it comes up 1st. If you have a problem downloading it, click on the lavasoft link "the maker" and try one of the mirror link downloads. Man, that spyware thing ought to be illegal! What a pain. As of now though nothing is being done about it. help win the fight aagainst spayware and keep your pc clean of them. Make the jerks fight to be on our pc's. Its all we can do.
Tony

Thank you for posting, Sparky. I downloaded the program and found 156 componants.No wonder my pc was barely crawling,say nothing of public exposure.
Bernie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online