SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#64678 - 01/18/03 01:37 AM I don't know my A B C,
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
I am in a mess!! I am trying to fill PANEL MEMORIES A,B,AND C without affecting the memories I have in Nos 1 to 10. Whatever song I load loads into panel memory A. Can I get the same set-up, ie , sequencer , sound memory and memories etc into B and C. No help from the manual or the 2 videos.I have read Sizzles post 10- 10- 02 but it seems to relate to the composer. but I couldn't get that right either, and that's about all the information I can find. I have a 6500. Could someone who knows please give me a step by step direction please as I must be very dumb!!! Very hot here in Melbourne with the worst drought for over 100 years.Maybe the brains are drying up too, Cheers. Jean.

#64679 - 01/18/03 03:33 AM Re: I don't know my A B C,
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Jean
Press SD (Yellow Button)
Save
Name File, then before saving
Go to Page 2
Change Panel Memory from ALL to 3 Bank.
Banks 1 - 10 will stay unchanged until you load an ALL file (ALL file being A B C + 1- 10)
John

#64680 - 01/18/03 04:15 AM Re: I don't know my A B C,
Jean Olivia Offline

Thanks for answering John, I am afraid I will have to ask for more directions.I am working on a 6500 but I cannot see a yellow button with SD on it. What Page? I thought I must be trying to do the impossible again- I have been trying all day to make some headway but no luck. i will take myself off to bed and hope for better luck tomorrow. Goodnight. Jean.

#64681 - 01/18/03 05:38 AM Re: I don't know my A B C,
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hello Jean, If you wish to use Panel Memories A, B, and C, then you must make sure that BEFORE you save any setups to Panel Memory, that you have selected the appropriate BANK.

1. On the KN6500, press 'Bank View' and then go to Page 1.
2. Select the desired Bank (A, B or C) then Exit
3. Save your setups to individual memories (1 to 8)
4. These setups will be saved in Bank A, B, or C, whichever you selected in step 2.
5. If you wish to save more setups to another Bank (A, B, or C) then just repeat from step 1.
6. When you are done, save the setups to disc.
7. Select Disk / Save and give the file a name.
8. Go to Page 2 and select the desired Options for saving.
9. If you wish to save only Banks A, B, and C then select '3BANK' for 'PANEL MEMORY'
10. If you wish to save Banks A, B, C and Banks 1-10, then select 'ALL' for 'PANEL MEMORY'

If you selected '3BANK' during the save operation, when you re-load the file from disc, only Banks A, B and C will be loaded back into memory, leaving Banks 1 to 10 unaffected.
If you selected 'ALL' during the save operation, when you re-load the file from disc, then all the panel memories will be overwritten.

If you have a set of panel memories already set up in one of the 1 to 10 Banks and wish to transfer this Bank to Bank A, B, or C, then you can do this by following these steps. It's a bit of a long winded process, but unless someone knows differently, I think it's the only way.

1. Press 'Bank View'
2. Select Page 2.
3. Select the memory bank you wish to transfer (Copy)
4. Press Panel Memory 1 to recall the settings
5. Select Page 1 and the Bank (A, B, or C) to receive the copy
6. Press and Hold 'SET' and then Panel Memory 1 to copy the settings.
7. Select Page 2
8. Select the memory bank you wish to transfer (Copy)
9. Press Panel Memory 2 to recall the settings.
10. Select Page 1 and the Bank (A,B, or C) to receive the copy
11. Press and Hold 'SET' and then Panel Memory 2 to copy the settings.
12. Repeat the process until all 8 Panel Memories have been copied
13. Save using '3BANK' or if desired, copy another setup from 1-10 to A,B,or C and then save.

Hope this Helps

P.S. John's comments refer to a KN7000 which he thought was your keyboard.

------------------
Willum

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 01-18-2003).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#64682 - 01/18/03 07:00 AM Re: I don't know my A B C,
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Jean
Sorry about the 'yellow' button. Hope you didn't dismantle your machine trying to find it
Bill's right. I just assumed you had the KN7000. Perhaps you (and other forum members, where applicable) could include the keyboard model in your profile - it helps when answering a question. Sleep well - and tomorrow everything will be crystal clear
John

[This message has been edited by John North (edited 01-18-2003).]

#64683 - 01/18/03 10:42 AM Re: I don't know my A B C,
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Quote by Jean: I have a 6500. Could someone who knows please give me a step by step direction please as I must be very dumb!!!

Hay John, time to get new glasses?

Grandpa Doug

P.S. Just passing on what Ruthie would say to me!

#64684 - 01/18/03 09:30 PM Re: I don't know my A B C,
Jean Olivia Offline

No doubt about you , Grandpa ! You don't miss a trick. Actually I have not got my 6500 added to my profile because I could'nt work out how to do it. I told you I was dumb!!
Bill- I have worked through all your 2 sets of instructions and found them very clear and helpful as I had not attempted either of those processes before. Thank you for all the information which has gone into my "bible".
What I was trying to do was probably not possible as I was trying to load a complete song, ie, sequencer sound memory and performance memory bank into bank A and then repeat the procedure with song no. 2 and 3 into banks B and C so that I would have 23 songs at my fingertips, but it would probably overload the disk, even if I could do it It is all a learning process and a long road but I am enjoying it.
I have learnt to ride a bike over the holidays which is quite a feat at 73. I bought it 3 years ago and have just looked at it but couldn't actually get up the courage to "take off". Happy New Year to you all and thank you again for all your help. Cheers Jean.

#64685 - 01/19/03 04:34 AM Re: I don't know my A B C,
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:

If you have a set of panel memories already set up in one of the 1 to 10 Banks and wish to transfer this Bank to Bank A, B, or C, then you can do this by following these steps. It's a bit of a long winded process, but unless someone knows differently, I think it's the only way.

1. Press 'Bank View'
2. Select Page 2.
3. Select the memory bank you wish to transfer (Copy)
4. Press Panel Memory 1 to recall the settings
5. Select Page 1 and the Bank (A, B, or C) to receive the copy
6. Press and Hold 'SET' and then Panel Memory 1 to copy the settings.
7. Select Page 2
8. Select the memory bank you wish to transfer (Copy)
9. Press Panel Memory 2 to recall the settings.
10. Select Page 1 and the Bank (A,B, or C) to receive the copy
11. Press and Hold 'SET' and then Panel Memory 2 to copy the settings.
12. Repeat the process until all 8 Panel Memories have been copied
13. Save using '3BANK' or if desired, copy another setup from 1-10 to A,B,or C and then save.

Hi Bill
I feel you are right to say that your suggestion is a long winded process it carries too many unecessary button pushes.
I well remember that Alec answered this same question once before(I saved it)
just save all 13 panel memory banks & then use page 3 set to bank to load the bank you want to a different bank.

#64686 - 01/19/03 05:42 AM Re: I don't know my A B C,
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Thanks Johnnie.. I didn't see that post.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#64687 - 01/20/03 12:11 PM Re: I don't know my A B C,
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Jean,

How do I change my profile?

In the Snythone window with the piano keyboard you will see two boxes. One is Post New Topic and the other is Post Reply. Just under those two boxes are seven underlined commands. The first is Profile the second is Regester and so forth. Just click on profile, enter your name and password. Submit and the rest is apparent.

As Ruthie would say to me, Dont Procrastanate! Do it now!!

Grandpa Doug

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online