SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#64648 - 05/03/07 05:53 AM This forum
Jack Docters Offline

Loc: Eindhoven Netherlands
Hi Folks
Since I have my Tyros 2, I search the whole internet for a good forum for this keyboard and I must say that I could't find a forum like yours on Synthzone
This forum is unique and is more than only
music.
This forum radiates Frienship, Understanding and making Friends.
I hope that I may visite your site regulary for exange views, in spite having a Tyros 2

Jack

#64649 - 05/03/07 08:40 AM Re: This forum
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Docters:
Hi Folks
Since I have my Tyros 2, I search the whole internet for a good forum for this keyboard and I must say that I could't find a forum like yours on Synthzone
music.
I hope that I may visite your site regulary for exange views, in spite having a Tyros 2

Jack

Jack,
We both share the same feelings about this forum, it was one of my reasons for replacing the KN7000. The guys and girls are great.
I feel that the future on this forum will include keyboards like the Tyros 2 so hold on. A n d --- keep on visiting.

Good hearing from you.

John C.

#64650 - 05/03/07 12:44 PM Re: This forum
Joe Baron Offline

Loc: England
posted by Jack Docters:
[B]Hi Folks
I must say that I could't find a forum like yours on Synthzone
music.
I hope that I may visite your site regulary for exange views,

Hi Young Jack. Good to see you back! As far as I am concerned, you are most welcome.
Regards.
Young Joe

#64651 - 05/03/07 02:25 PM Re: This forum
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Friends are ALWAYS welcome. no matter what kind of wine they drink .......
t.

#64652 - 05/09/07 10:15 AM Re: This forum
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hi Folks,

Like Jack I live in Eindhoven and I have also traded in the KN7 for a T2 last September. I still don't regret it, but I agree that this forum is really friendly.

Another link for T-2 owners can be convenient:
http://www.yamahapkowner.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ee7b022279be66751c78a6555c4ec882&board=66.0

------------------

#64653 - 05/09/07 11:47 AM Re: This forum
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi folks , thought I'd like to reply to this posting on the forum .
The members of the Technics forum are all great people , it is a source of friendship and readiness to help other forum members with requests for music , tech tips and advice that makes the Technics forumers "extra special " and nothing is ever tooooo much trouble !!!

I notice some of you like me , have purchased the Yamaha T2 .
i have played Technics for about 15years!!
i still have my trusty Kn7000 and can not see my self selling it in the near future .
As it is still one heck of an instrument !!!

From a midi accordion point of view the T2 is the best midi up to my accordion I've ever had (due to the complexities of the digital/acoustic accordion called Concerto DA200 )

where i've struggled with the T2 is in the change over fron Technics to Yamaha T2 .

operating systems are similar !!
the problem is this :-

Like most of you I have built up a huge amount of style disks that are song specific !! i.e the Technote Glenn miller style disks featuring all the Glenn miller hits , Land of hope and glory , last night of the proms , Dambusters march (with all the sound effects ) sound of the 60s disk with that hit from the late and great Dusty Springfield "you don't have to say you love me " sounds just like the record marching USA for an american tribute !!

Mavericks "dance the night away "

plus many others !!!

Female opera soloist voice on expansion board ..... nothing to match this voice on Yamaha

Folks ,believe me Yamaha can not touch these style disks !! and have nothing to offer !!!!! I'm sorry to say

The style conversion software will not convert the Technics to Yamaha format without a lot (and i mean a lot of tweaking !! )to bring it to a quality to use on a gig !!

this e mail is not intended to Knock the T2 but to warn anyone that Technics /Technote spoilt us with the wide range of styles they made available to us .
There is an old saying in life "you only miss something once it has gone !!! and it is very true !!!

So i now have to think of what to do !! the T2 can do some wonderful things but it can not provide me with what I've lost from my Technics styles which i have relied upon for my gigs .
i thought that Yamaha would have all these style readily available .but this is not the case , please correct me if I'm wrong !!
I'm sure others must have the same experiences .......

I welcome your constructive comments and how have other t2 converts adapted .

regards to you all ...........Giovanni

Ps , This e mail is not intended to offend any yamaha users or knock the good name of the Yamaha company.

#64654 - 05/09/07 02:41 PM Re: This forum
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi ,
I was dumb enough to sell my kn7 about 3 years ago and one of the things I miss the most, is the forum. I still check in every now and again to see what's happening.
We were all like one big happy family. Unfortunately that is not the case with a lot of the current forums I belong to.

Regrettably those of us who replaced our keyboards, have chosen varied brands.
I used a software based arranger for the first couple of years ( OMB software) still do.
Just over a year ago I bought a Ketron sd1+, good keyboard , but lacks some style editing functions. Can't get as enthusiastic about it as I'd hoped.

My second keyboard is an inexpensive psr1500. I was going to buy the T2, but figured if it didn't work out, I could always sell the psr1500, & lose less money.
If I really luved it, I'd trade up to the T2 or T3 eventually.
Not so sure now.

The other day I noticed that Technote have actually recreated their Technics style range for Roland keyboards. Whether or not they'd sound as good on the Rolands as they did on the Technics, I can't say. The operating systems are different etc etc
but at least I'd somehow have a piece of Technics back, even if it is just some of the styles.

Secondhand KN7 isn't really an option. I think I've seen one for sale in the last 3 years where I live & the price was ridiculous.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jack Docters:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#64655 - 05/09/07 02:57 PM Re: This forum
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Giovanni,
would your accordian work with a new Roland keyboard?
I've been half tempted to buy one of the Technote Roland disks, just to hear how they sounded on a roland keyboard, ie if they sound anywhere near as good as they did on the Technics.
The sd G70 card version has something like 300 styles on it for 99 UK pounds. It does need a card adapter because Rolands don't use sd cards, they use a different type, but an adapter apparently takes care of that.
I checked with Technote , they couldn't tell me whether or not the card would work with the E80 or E50.
A couple of Roland members said a G70 style should sound ok on an E80
Bebop's bought himself a Roland E80. Getting it in the next few days.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:

So i now have to think of what to do !! the T2 can do some wonderful things but it can not provide me with what I've lost from my Technics styles which i have relied upon for my gigs .
i thought that Yamaha would have all these style readily available .but this is not the case , please correct me if I'm wrong !!
I'm sure others must have the same experiences .......

I welcome your constructive comments and how have other t2 converts adapted .

regards to you all ...........Giovanni

Ps , This e mail is not intended to offend any yamaha users or knock the good name of the Yamaha company.

[/B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#64656 - 05/10/07 12:18 AM Re: This forum
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Giovanni,
I have been where you are now, KN7000 and a Tyros 2. In order to enjoy your Tyros 2 keyboard you must change your mind-set, you must begin to think differently. Your mind must think along the lines that Yamaha created for the Tyros 2.

There are thousands of styles available for the Tyros 2 keyboard, most of them are free, they should be able to satisfy your needs. The Tyros 2 will never sound like the KN7000 but I found that using the EQ controls could improve the sound a great deal. For contemporary music I feel the Tyros 2 is better. (Sounds) The basses and drums are out front. I put both of those instruments in the background when I am playing Glenn Miller type of music. (Using the EQ)

Giovanni, build on the great features that Yamaha put in the Tyros 2 keyboard, think Tyros 2.

I bought and sold two Tyros 1 keyboard and one Tyros 2 keyboards. I now own a Yamaha PSR3000 keyboard – I use it on smaller jobs. For my important jobs I’m using the KN7000.

John C.

#64657 - 05/12/07 08:16 PM Re: This forum
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

Yes, these folks on this Technics forum is truly a very special bunch. I haven't had my KN1000 now for a few years, but still like checking back in.

That was one great board. I was just thinking about it the other day wishing I still had it. But, I was careful when I sold it. My father-in-law bought it.haha

Even thought I have switched to Yamaha after that, I still have a recording of it on my demo page. In case anyone is curious I'll give the link to that. The song is called,"Scott's Off The Cuff Jam." I really like the many realistic sounding solo voices on it.
http://www.scottlmusic.com/Listen.html

As for Yamaha, I will give you a link to what I think is about the best site you can go to to learn about your Tyros 2. There a a zillion free styles, many articles, a friendly forum and also on the Links page you will find every worthwhile Yamaha site and forum out there, plus a lot of stuff that anyone playing any brand arranger keyboard will find invaluable.

So, if you get the chance I'd suggest you go on over and meet another bunch of very friendly and helpful people.
http://psrtutorial.com

Best
Scott

#64658 - 05/24/07 03:27 PM Re: This forum
sturgeon Offline

The Tyros 2 I use at work has had some moderate playing and 3 gigs in its 11 month life, but sadly one channel has just died..... so.....

Ohhh dear.... probably means I will have to use my KN2600 instead. .......YIPPEEEE!!!!!!

(KN2600 - at least 2 great gigs a week for 18 months, and it gets better all the time!)

You can buy it for $7500 Scott, ..... .

No.... Its mine! All mine I tell you....

Preciousss....

s.

(Point being that a Yamaha has never made me feel so personally involved. That it is on my side when the going is rough etc. And I have owned a few Yamahas (still have one or two), and have played loads of them. Not just keyboards. Recorders, guitars, trombones, flutes, synths Clavinovas. Never a bad one, some pretty good, just.....)

#64659 - 05/24/07 07:34 PM Re: This forum
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
and.............if you think you need a Tyros 2, then I will sell you mine, or I can sell you my PSR9000, either Yamaha. I now have a Roland E 80
Bebop

#64660 - 05/25/07 06:23 AM Re: This forum
jd5live Offline

Loc: Bilston , West Midlands,Englan...
Hi Folks,Interesting hearing your comments,if you follow the fact that Technics had one hell of an easy operating system,very logical and offers many checks incase you make a pudding of things.The only one near to this is Roland,the 8 part acc. was even on the E70 in 1990 and all there instruments offered accordion midi setups as standard ( the Italian Connection). The styles of that time were very good but the edit/composer was not easy.but it is funny that Roland styles when converted to Technics work better than any other make as yet without the extra tweeking!!!
One name I have yet to hear much of is Lionstracs of Italy (www.lionstracs.com) there web site and video demo's from Frankfurt and NAMM shows look verry interesting as they seem to be offering the ultimate music computer with built in keyboard/s 76 note or 88 weighted worth a look, as many of todays keyboards owe a lot to the Italian music industry of the past.
your thoughts John.

#64661 - 05/25/07 09:06 AM Re: This forum
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi jd5live
Do a search on the SZ and you will find plenty of discussions on the Lionstracs Mediastation.

Bill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online