SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#64626 - 07/17/03 05:03 AM KN6500 Disappearing Accomp. Parts
waightkl Offline

Loc: Swindon, UK
This is probably a simple problem but its driving me up the wall !. I've got some Panel Registrations on my KN6500 based on the "Animation" style for Beauty & the Beast. The problem is I have somehow succeeded in losing the Accomp. Parts whenever I use them !. For example if I select the panel memory and then use an INTRO rhythm there's drums but no bass or Accomp parts. If I use the Music Style Arranger and re-select the rythm they return !. I've checked the mixer & I dont have any of the parts muted or turned right down in volume. I'm using the straight Animation style not from the custom style section. Any of you expert people out there got any ideas ?.

Keith

I dont want to reset the Panel Mem. if I can help it cause it took me ages to get the Right 1, 2 and Left parts the way I wanted them, but I dont

#64627 - 07/17/03 07:09 AM Re: KN6500 Disappearing Accomp. Parts
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
For example if I select the panel memory and then use an INTRO rhythm there's drums but no bass or Accomp parts. If I use the Music Style Arranger and re-select the rythm they return

Hi Keith, If you value your set-up in the panel memory, Save them on your SD, or disk. You can always reloard what you have now, you will not lose the information.

If the Music Style Arranger brings back the full accomp, then you have done something which the Arranger is correcting.

It is possible to initialize the keyboard (Bring everything back to factory settings) Then reload what you have saved. Please make sure that you have saved all that's important to you before you initialize.

When you reload what you saved, if you have the same problem, then I have to quess, it is something you have saved in the memory panel without being aware.

The last step would be to fault the keyboard. It's the same with computers, and without a doubt, the same when you're dealing with God. Him!!!!

Enjoy that keyboard, you're learning and growing.

Cheers, John C.

#64628 - 07/18/03 04:56 AM Re: KN6500 Disappearing Accomp. Parts
waightkl Offline

Thanks for the feedback John. Ive actually got a hard-disk which I've got the Panel Reg. saved to. Its the first time I've noticed something like this although I've had the keyboard a couple of years. Its not a "Show-Stopper" problem, but its a puzzle and I hate having anything happening on the kit that I dont understand, especially as I am suppossed to be the resident "Techie" at our local keyboard users club.

Regards

Keith

#64629 - 07/18/03 06:42 PM Re: KN6500 Disappearing Accomp. Parts
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Hi Keith, It is frustrating when something happening and you can't put your finger on it. It is all so logical, except when the "X" factor is missing. Even more so when your are the "Techie" of your group.

But---This is the beauty of it all, can you imagine if you got to know all in three weeks.---What a bore.

Keith, when you find the answer, let me know, my curiosity has been activated.

God luck, John C.

#64630 - 07/19/03 07:55 PM Re: KN6500 Disappearing Accomp. Parts
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
When you save to a panel memory, it will not save the accompianment being on unless it is playing at the time you save it. and not just blinking on synchro. And also the setting must be set to all instead of partial.

Tony

#64631 - 07/20/03 04:52 AM Re: KN6500 Disappearing Accomp. Parts
technicsplayer Offline

I think what Tony is saying is that it is perfectly possible to memorise accompaniments in panel memory including the synchro status irrespective of whether they are playing or not.

I can think of several scenarios for Keith's problem. The first question is whether the apc light is on when you load your file.

#64632 - 07/21/03 05:39 AM Re: KN6500 Disappearing Accomp. Parts
waightkl Offline

Thanks to Tony, Technicsplayer & John C. I've taken a copy of the setup onto floppy and tried it on another 6500. It looks as though you're right and the APC got itself switched off when the file was saved, although I havn't had a chnace to try it out on my own keyboard yet. If this is the case boy is my face red !, but it illustrates the point that you have so many things to check before you can be absolutely sure that the keyboard will do what you expect when you hit the "Start" button. One more thing. Can anyone confirm my that the settings of the Panel Memory Expand filter are saved in the "Custom Panel" button, as I cant find anywhere else where this setting is saved. They cant be saved in a panel memeory itself, that would be silly !. Ive lost count of the number of times I've had to check what those settings are, as I normally switch tempo and rhthym out so I dont get any nasty changes when I change Panel Memory. However sometimes these seem to get themselves switched back on again so I was wondering where these settings are saved.

Thanks to all again

Keith

#64633 - 07/21/03 09:28 AM Re: KN6500 Disappearing Accomp. Parts
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
The Panel Memory Expand filter settings are saved in the 'CURRENT PANEL' option on page 2 of the save dialogue.
It's also worth checking the status of your Data Protection settings (Customise / Data Protection / Panel Memory Expand filter. If this is set to 'ON' then the settings for the Panel Memory Expand filter will not be changed by file loading from Floppy or SD card. If it is set to 'OFF' then the Panel Memory Expand filter will be set up according to the files being loaded - that is, assuming the CURRENT PANEL option is active.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#64634 - 07/22/03 12:36 AM Re: KN6500 Disappearing Accomp. Parts
technicsplayer Offline

it's always easier when someone else comes up with the answer first

#64635 - 07/22/03 02:39 AM Re: KN6500 Disappearing Accomp. Parts
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
?

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online