SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#64468 - 01/16/04 04:58 PM Well, I'm a beginner again.....
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Since hearing of the demise of Technics products, my local dealer is ordering all the keyboards and PR units he can, because they are selling quite well in this area. Panasonic extended his credit limit and he is even ordering a second KN7000 for his own personal use plus one for me and the rest for future sales. I will keep my old KN6K as a workhorse for composing and converting and use the KN7K for pleasure. I just don't know where to put the keyboard, since my den barly has room enough for what I have now. What worries me the most is all the new things I have to learn about using the SD card and the process of data storage. The upside of all this is that I will be experiencing the new wonder machine that a lot of you people are now used to, so expect a lot of questions from a person that didn't pay too much attention to all the KN7K postings over the last year, or so. This should be fun!!

#64469 - 01/16/04 07:06 PM Re: Well, I'm a beginner again.....
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Bud,
Not to worry. There's lot's of help out here.
The SD Card seems intimidating at first, I think mostly because of the file structure, and the fact that the song names, and where they exist on the card, is kept in an information file. Once you learn just the basics,- - it's a piece of cake!
You'll really like the KN7000.
Regards,
Walt

#64470 - 01/16/04 11:43 PM Re: Well, I'm a beginner again.....
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Bud Whipple:
....I just don't know where to put the keyboard, since my den barly has room enough for what I have now....

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/002351.html

It's a easy solution to that "problem",
just clear out some junk and give it to
bebop, he collects it
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#64471 - 01/17/04 03:22 AM Re: Well, I'm a beginner again.....
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Bud
Good luck with your 7000 when it comes and you will probably wonder why you did not go for it earlier

#64472 - 01/17/04 03:47 PM Re: Well, I'm a beginner again.....
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI BUD,
Congrats on ordering the new keyboard. You are going to love it and just think it will last you the rest of your life. You won't never have to order another one Bebop
HEY GJ,
I am out of room for any more junk now. I can't spread out so I am spreading up. I do that by using three tier keyboard racks.
The only other problem is that my desk is only big enough for two computers with this 21 inch monitor on it. Haven't figured out how to solve that one yet
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 01-17-2004).]

#64473 - 01/18/04 04:51 AM Re: Well, I'm a beginner again.....
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Collecting musical instruments is not the only thing that can make you run out of space. I've done quite a bit of wood working and that stuff is all in the garage.
It's so full (HOW FULL IS IT?) that I tell people that there isn't even room for sawdust any more.
Have Fun,
Walt

[This message has been edited by Walt Meyer (edited 01-18-2004).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online