SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#64407 - 03/17/05 02:42 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM WORKSHOPS
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
If we are having a Jam Session, let's jam.
I too would like to improvise better. I had started with playing different instruments over many of the submissions of the members.I too found with practice,one gets better at it. I just found the key and followed the signature. For example,in the key of G,you know to play an F# etc. We could pick different instruments and play a familiar song with participants going in and out of the melody. In other words,doing whatever the spirit leads you to do. That's jamming.
Just a thought

Bernie

#64408 - 03/17/05 06:04 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM WORKSHOPS
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Roger
Quote "[i]- how does one get hold of the specific rhythm for 'XYZ' song because none of the standard keyboard rhythms seem to be right for that song?[i]
That's exactly what the Composer is for Rog. You can either start from scratch or modify an existing style - the possibilities are endless. I've spent many happy hours, messing about in the Composer and it's fairly simple to get the hang of it. When I wanted to do a version of The Mavericks' 'Dance the Night Away', I couldn't find a style that was anywhere near authentic, so I just started with a 'blank canvas' in the Composer, listened to the recording and built a suitable style bit by bit.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#64409 - 03/17/05 06:41 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM WORKSHOPS
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Careful Bill or you'll end up with a workshop on the subject...chuckle.
See you soon - best wishes
Rog

#64410 - 03/17/05 09:16 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM WORKSHOPS
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Originally posted by Fran in Florida:

If you want to conduct a Work Shop we would like to know the subject matter prior to the Jam. PLEASE E-MAIL ME.

Hi Fran in Florida, "E-mail me" or E-mail the forum??? I do not have your home e-mail address.
But--- I will be there Friday and early part of Saturday. I can do a workshop on improvising -- how I am using of the pads -- how to get the most out of one style -- or working with a laptop and a keyboard.

I'm open, John C.

#64411 - 03/18/05 08:11 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM WORKSHOPS
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya John C - I'm up for that and thank you - get the sandwiches in and we'll concentrate like mad....
See you soon
Rog

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online