SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#64304 - 05/07/02 05:00 PM Latest News On Sissle's Cd Recording Manual
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I have requested and received approval from Nigel,(THE BOSS), for this manual to be posted here on the synthzone for downloading. I am hoping he will have it up soon before Our lady Sissle wears out her computer mailing it to everyone. I will keep you posted. Incidently have you ever been to the front page of the Synthzone: http://www.synthzone.com/
Go take a look, there are lots of goodies there, and Sissle's Manual will prolly be there soon also.
She is also doing another manual for us that she may release some info on soon. It is also a much needed piece of work.

PS: Several songs are coming in for the 20 to 1 song swap. Where else can you get these kind of odds? The floppy should be going out soon, (soon is relative), with 20 Technics format songs all zipped up in a nice package Just as soon as I get yours.
BEBOP

------------------
BEBOP
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://members.fortunecity.com/bebop1

#64305 - 05/07/02 05:36 PM Re: Latest News On Sissle's Cd Recording Manual
Sissle Offline

Loc: USA - South Dakota
Hi BEBOP & Nigel,

Nigel,thanks for allowing us to post my training manual on this website. BEBOP, thanks for the work you have done to make this possible. I am truly honored. However, I will admit, I will miss talking to all the people who have emailed me their thanks. It makes the work of putting this together all worth the effort.

Carol

#64306 - 05/07/02 10:09 PM Re: Latest News On Sissle's Cd Recording Manual
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Nigel
Administrator posted 05-07-2002 09:37 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carol has done a great job putting this document together so I have made it available online here at Synth Zone. You can now download it from http://www.synthzone.com/files/technics/Burning%20CD.doc
Thanks so much from all of us Sissle for not only putting this together but also making it freely available to everyone else. This is the side of the Internet that I love so much.
-----------------------------------------
Hi Everyone,
The above is a copy and paste of the post that Nigel, (THE BOSS), put at the bottom of the other topic on the CD recording. I have taken the liberty to move it into this topic also that nobody will miss the opportunity to hear about and get this valuable document.
Note: Please mail your thanks directly to Sissle so she won't miss the one on one fellowship this work so richly deserves.
Mail her at: sissle@aol.com
Thank you Sissle
Thank you Nigel
Best to all from Bebop

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 07-14-2003).]

#64307 - 05/08/02 12:11 AM Re: Latest News On Sissle's Cd Recording Manual
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Sissle, I will also be putting a link to this document on the Technics page at Synth Zone as well as a couple of the other pages. I will of course provide credit to you as the author. At one time I would have also included your email address but now viruses scan the temp Internet files for email addresses, having your email address on a Synth Zone page which appears in a lot of peoples' caches can result in your address being harvested and misused.

But you should really include your email address in the document itself so people downloading it can contact you if they wish to. If you want to add that and send me an update I will replace it. It would be good for those that want to contact you.

#64308 - 05/08/02 06:41 AM Re: Latest News On Sissle's Cd Recording Manual
Shirley Warwick Offline

Loc: Dartmouth, Devon
Carol,
Thank you for the kind acknowledgments
to Alec, Gunnar and myself in your training manual. However, I must admit that most of
my knowledge through the years has been
kindly provided by Alec, Gunnar and my old
friend, Larry Cohan, who provided me with
help particularly on the subject of recording
to CD. It is a priviledge to belong to a group of Technic Players who are so generous with their help and advice. Special thanks to you Carol, for the time and trouble
you went to in writing this manual and for
the free distribution of same.

Shirley.

#64309 - 05/08/02 07:32 AM Re: Latest News On Sissle's Cd Recording Manual
Lanny Offline

Loc: Placitas, NM USA
This is the way the internet should work!!!

Thanks to Sissle (Carol) for the great training and to BeBop and Nigel for making it so readily available.

------------------
Lanny

#64310 - 05/08/02 01:01 PM Re: Latest News On Sissle's Cd Recording Manual
Sissle Offline

Hi Shirley & Lanny,

Shirley, I couldn't have done it without you and the others helping me. The credit is due for being thoughtful enough to share the information you have gathered over the years with other people like me. If it wouldn't be for the kind generosity of people like you and others on this Forum, the rest of us wouldn't "blossom" in our abilities. Lanny, you are right, this is how the Internet should operate. Nigel & BEBOP deserve a lot of credit for the work they do to make this Forum a wonderful place for us all.

Carol

#64311 - 05/08/02 01:16 PM Re: Latest News On Sissle's Cd Recording Manual
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Shirley, you have helped quite a few people from the old forum and this one also. Your assistance has been invaluable to me and I am happy to see you posting. Keep up the good work - I'll be watching for your name.

#64312 - 05/08/02 04:35 PM Re: Latest News On Sissle's Cd Recording Manual
Sissle Offline

Hi Folks,

Bill Norrie just sent me an email with a correction to the training manual. I have placed a wrong Icon for where you plug the audio cord into your computer. It should be the HEADPHONE Icon instead of the speaker bell. Please excuse the error. Bill, thanks much for catching that mistake for me. My old eyes aren't what they used to be, expecially when I look at pictures on the black case of my laptop! Nigel, I will be sending you a copy of the corrected manual.

To those of you who have already received the manual, please X the bell Icon out and draw in a Headset symbol. If you wish a new copy of the manual, just email me. I will be happy to send it along.

Thanks again Bill, I appreciate your dilligence at catching the mistake!!

Carol

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online