SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#64287 - 01/25/04 07:55 AM Does anyone know?
Anonymous
Unregistered

.....TMA was closed in HK last September in 2003......and finally......Technics closed down....SAD SAD ..........

I'm using their last introduced organ....SX-GA2....a similar model to GA3 .....

Does anyone know how to record songs properly from the organ?.,.....I 've tried line-out with MiniDisc.....but....only unclear mono sound is recorded.....

Many thanks to your help....

#64288 - 01/25/04 10:54 AM Re: Does anyone know?
musicworldmatt Offline

Loc: Las Vegas, NV, USA
The key to a good recording is the cable. You need a cable that goes from two mono 1/4" plugs (into the R and L line outs of the organ) to one stereo miniplug that plugs into the line input of the MiniDisc.

I wonder if the GA2 is like the American G-100?

Matt

#64289 - 01/25/04 04:30 PM Re: Does anyone know?
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Hi Satoaki,
Matt has given you the first important step to get quality recordings from your organ. All organs that Technics has made from the FA1 on have the same operating system. And, all have a very low output from the organ. As a result most organists producing high quality recording utilize some type of pre amp going into the recorder. Just a simple mixer will give an adequate boost to the signal to do the job. I recommend saving your recorded song to a disc so that levels can be adjusted to accommodate the dynamic limitations of the recorder.
Frank

#64290 - 01/26/04 09:17 AM Re: Does anyone know?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Frank .... good to see a message from you ... how are you feeling? ... I still have some left over prostate surgery malfunctions, but the new knee is coming along nicely .... hope you are well ....
t.

#64291 - 01/26/04 05:10 PM Re: Does anyone know?
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Hi Tony,
Great news about your knee. I'm still working on a few problems, but I'm just finishing up some new songs (HA they are really old songs) that I'll share with the gang.
Frank

#64292 - 01/26/04 07:12 PM Re: Does anyone know?
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Frank, I can't wait!

Doug

#64293 - 01/26/04 11:59 PM Re: Does anyone know?
Mark And Michelle Offline

Loc: Mersea Island, Essex, U K
Hi,

I don't know if this will work for you as we've got a KN6000 but here goes. We use a standard lead with a headphone plug at one end (it goes into the socket on the 'board) with two jacks on the other which we plug into the left & right microphone sockets on our very old, but very trusted, Trio (!) tape-deck. Both channels record and we can even add Dolby NR. It's just a thought.

Lucy (Michie's sister)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online