SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#64271 - 04/03/05 08:44 PM kn6000 question
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I have a midi file, which I have saved in technics format. I would like to "link" it to a pre set Panel Memory which would contain the desired voices, rhythms, tempo, etc. for a different song, and then link to another Panel Memory with different settings ...
Right now I have saved the midi (technics format) with the desired Panel Memories. However, I want to go from one song to another, and currently when the midi ends, I cannot immediately go to the 'Panel Memory'. .... I don't know if I have explained my question correctly, but does anyone have any suggestions?
thnx,
t.

#64272 - 04/04/05 01:40 AM Re: kn6000 question
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya Tony
A midi file saved to hard disk or even floppy disk in Technics format still remains a Midi file even though it appears to have become a sequenced file. So at present I'm baffled that you can link it to panel memories at all...Please explain a bit more...
Rog

#64273 - 04/04/05 12:52 PM Re: kn6000 question
tony mads usa Offline

Hi Rog .... When I saved the file to the HD I had preset the two Panel Memories I wanted, and did a 'Panel Save' ... now when I load the file from the HD, the Panel Memories appear as desired. ... However, as I stated, I cannot get an 'immediate' switch to Panel Memory 1 as soon as the file ends ... Is it possible to do so?
thnx,
t.

#64274 - 04/04/05 12:57 PM Re: kn6000 question
tony mads usa Offline

.... and a belated Happy Birthday ....
t.

#64275 - 04/04/05 01:14 PM Re: kn6000 question
jrw Offline

Loc: Salem, OR USA
Hi; Are you trying to "link" songs together so you can have a medley of songs?
Dick

#64276 - 04/04/05 04:31 PM Re: kn6000 question
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Haveyou tried saving to Custom Stylist?

Using this method gives a quick and smooth access to panel memories which will stay as set until you manually change it.

You will probably know the Custom Stylist uses only 4 panel memories, therefore if you have saved all eight panel memories, you will have to use two 'slots' of the Custom Stylist.

Hope this helps.

Aud (U.K.)

#64277 - 04/05/05 01:10 AM Re: kn6000 question
RMepstead Offline

Hiya Tony
Having read through this thread again, I think I understand now what you are trying to do. Is it...
Having loaded and 'played/run' a midi file from your KN6000 hard disk you then want to move on to load a set of panel memories (registration) for the next song which you are actually going to play yourself? and it is those panel memories which you are having difficulty getting to load exactly how you want them?
Rog

#64278 - 04/05/05 10:21 AM Re: kn6000 question
tony mads usa Offline

Roger and Dick ...
I am trying to link one midi file and 2 Panel Memory settings so that I can do a medley of songs with virtually no stopping in between ...
When I load the midi file from the kn6000 HD, the 'Panel Memory' registrations are loaded also ...
When the midi file is playing the 'Play' button is 'on', ... when the file ends, I have to turn off the 'Play' button and then hit the 'Panel Memory 1' button .... everything works fine, except for the amount of time between getting the 'Play' button to go off and hitting the 'Panel Memory 1' to set the registrations for the next song ...
Of course, going from one song using 'Panel Memory 1' to the next song using 'Panel Memory 2' takes no time at all ... It's just going from the midi file to the first 'Panel Memory' button that takes too much time ...
thnx agn,
t.

#64279 - 04/05/05 10:22 AM Re: kn6000 question
tony mads usa Offline

Aud .... I'm not sure the "Custom Stylist" will eliminate the time problem .... will it?
thnx,
t.

#64280 - 04/06/05 02:06 AM Re: kn6000 question
RMepstead Offline

Hiya Tony
I'm assuming your reference to HD means that your KN6000 has a hard disk installed.
I had always understood that loading the next set of registrations - say 8 panel memories - from hard disk on the KN6000 was a very fast process say 2 - 3 seconds...and I think that is the way forward for you rather than tucking panel memory settings behind the midi file in the same saved file on your hard disk. Give that a try..in other words separate out the midi file from the next set of panel memory registrations on your hard disk.
As a matter of interest that's why I bought the KN7000 because the loading speed from the SD Card is phenominally fast.
Rog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online