SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#64252 - 05/18/00 06:56 PM Re: Singing with KN6000
peter castanos Offline

Loc: sydney australia
Hi Pierre
Certainly for public performance you will need a full PA system however for home use the inbuilt mic is fine. As for damaging the speakers, well, I doubt very much that more stress could be put on the speakers by your voice than by, for example, the rock drawbars.
By the way you can add additional top end to the mic output by adjusting the overall equalizer but of course this affects the whole keyboard. I have done this and don't mind the resulting brighter sound.
Have you also noticed that using the multi effect you can do all sorts of things to your voice.....add chorus, modulation, etc etc, but only one at a time.

#64253 - 05/22/00 12:25 AM Re: Singing with KN6000
pmart Offline

Loc: Nice, France
Sennheiser e845 vs Shure SM58
=============================

I tried both of them last Saturday and also a AKG and other mics.
The price of the e845 and SM58 is mostly similar.
My main conclusion is that the SM58 is for female voices and the e845 for male voices.
I bought the Sennheiser : it gives really excellent results on the KN6000. I did not encounter any problem of Larsen.
Obviously, this conclusion represents only my opinion : this is not a rule neither a dogma. But I think that this can be considered as a "guideline"...

Many thanks to all of you who helped me in this choice. The micro I was using before was really and only a toy !

Cheers

------------------
Pierre

#64254 - 05/22/00 05:09 PM Re: Singing with KN6000
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Well done Pierre!
You got objective opinions, and then used your ears for the final test. That's a wise move. No two people will sound the same in the same mic, so you were smart to choose the one that suited your voice tone.
As to singing through the on board speakers- I do it ALL THE TIME. I sing alot. I sing strong, and I sing with the harmonizer VERY often. THat's like 4 of me in the keyboard speakers. I don't shout, and I back off of the really high or loud notes. In other words - I work the mic, so it enhances my performance. Mic technique is VERY, VERY important - even in a big PA. Lot's of my gigs are small rooms and house parties, and the sound of the keyboard speakers is an integral part of the overall mix. I do add a bass amp on almost all jobs (to fill out the bottom) but I love the sound I get from the speakers in the X1. This is one of my priorities in a keyboard, and the biggest reason that I can't use a PSR9000.(Poor use of polyphony is the second!)
Again, enjoy the sound system in the keyboard, but use your head - the speakers are small, and they need a little TLC to sound their best. The PSR9000 can't even play the piano & bass together at usable volumes, without distortion - WITHOUT a mic connected. The sound system on the KN5000 was the loudest I'd heard at the time I had one - I'm sure the 6000 is just as good. Sing on, my friend - don'y buy a PA unless you really need to.(or WANT to)

------------------
Uncle Dave

#64255 - 05/23/00 01:21 AM Re: Singing with KN6000
pmart Offline

The first test "in live" of all my newest hardware will be on 11th of june.
I will meet 40 friends of mine for a great day of music : a jazz band will play and sing during the lunch and the dinner. The afternoon will be dedicated for playing KN6000 and singing with karaoke files.
Then, the night will be very short and intensive, I hope !

;-)

I appreciated a lot the messages of uncle Dave : very kind, wise and helpful !
Many thanks again to everybody.

Your french friend,
Pierre

------------------
Pierre

#64256 - 06/13/00 07:40 AM Re: Singing with KN6000
pmart Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pmart:
The first test "in live" of all my newest hardware will be on 11th of june.

Very great day !
The KN6000 has been perfect : no bug nor sound stick when playing. Only once when I was installing it, I had to reset the keyboard because everything was frozen !
By the way, I discovered at home a usefull tip of the demo button : it can normally work very fine as a "reset button". That's funny and efficient !

------------------
Pierre

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online