SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#64039 - 02/08/02 01:29 AM Re: KN7000: Predictions & Wishlist !
Dutch player Offline

Loc: Wormerveer, Netherlands
There are three thing I would like to add to the new KN7000, and then I would certainly buy it.

First. I would like to have a easier (and most of all quicker) way to edit notes in the sequencer. When I want to edit for example note length, or want to move the note forward or backward, I must go to note edit. Then select every note seperately, and press a button long enough to see the note move very slowly in the right direction. A very time consuming thing to do, especially when you must edit large amounts of notes. It would be far easier when a trackball sort of thing would be add to the keyboard. Then we just must select the desired note(s) and drag then to the right place. It would certainly would save the buttons around my display, and most of all a lot of time.

Second I would like the ability to add audio tracks, or at least some sort of sampler to the keyboard. This maybe will be a tricky one, especially because the quality of these things is important, but expensive. But it would be much fun to say the least if it is added.

Third I would like to change the audio-in of the keyboard a bit. Now it's just a connection to the speakers, without the probability to change to level of the music. So when I add my CD-player or computer because I want to hear it over my KN6000 speakers, I get this extremely loud audio. Now I must first connect the audio source to an extern audio mixer and then connect the audio mixer to my keyboard. Why not add the ability to change the sound level of the audio-in to the keybaoard, would be very easy, and save my ears.

Well, so much for my ideas, I like the discussions and speculations of you all. It would be very nice to see some pictures and specs of the KN7000 after its presentation in Frankfurt.

Greetz

#64040 - 02/08/02 02:56 AM Re: KN7000: Predictions & Wishlist !
technicsplayer Offline

Hi Dutch player, there is an advance/delay in the range edit menu where you can move the position of a whole group of notes at one time. This sounds like it solves half of your problem. To change the length of many notes it is much easier just to step play new notes on top of the original note with a longer length and then just erase the original note. Much easier than increasing the length of the original note.

#64041 - 02/14/02 01:24 AM Re: KN7000: Predictions & Wishlist !
Dutch player Offline

Loc: Wormerveer, Netherlands
The problem with many editing (sequencer) possibilities in the Technics keyboards is that you can only edit individual notes, or ranges of measures. Its the same with this advance/delay function. If I want to record a piano in the sequencer with real-time record. And I want to have a vivid sound, I do not use the quantize function. This is usefull if you want a piano track as background accompaniment (timing is then more important than a natural sound). But if I doesn't want to use the quantize option, I sometimes still wish to replace some groups of notes (most of the time about a quarter or less of a measure). If you want to do this with a very long track it is very time consuming, and the advance/delay function is not really a good option.

I too agree with Scottyee about timing resolution. I always wondered why my piano playing with realtime record doesn't sounds natural any more (I didn't remembered to be that bad a piano player). The 96ppq is offcourse the answer. I usually dicide then to record twice as fast. For example if the music must be played at 60bpm, I select 120bpm in my technics. And then record all over again. At least you have 192ppq then. It usually resolves much of the problem. But you have to record al your tracks again, to adjust them to the new tempo as well. It is an option, but if technics changed the timing resolution, that would result in much more natural recordings. Especially with slow recordings (somewhere beneath 70 bpm).

#64042 - 02/14/02 08:14 AM Re: KN7000: Predictions & Wishlist !
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
With all the speculation going on, I wonder what future keyboard upgrades will do with sound quality---both internal speakers or outputs for external speakers. Last evening, Tech Live (on the Tech TV Network), did a major feature on the enhancements to recorded sound represented by the new SACD and DVD Audio formats. Various artists talked about all of the remixing currently going on of "old" records and CDs to the new formats and how dramatic the improvements are, assuming one has the proper playback equipment. The point---could they possibly create a keyboard where the sound output approximates the new higher-quality CD standards and, further, offers the placement of the various rhythm parts in the sound field representing surround sound, or what one hears at a live concert? Just wondering.

#64043 - 02/14/02 11:18 AM Re: KN7000: Predictions & Wishlist !
Bart_dup1 Offline

Hi,

My wishes:

1) I want a faster and more direct acces to all sounds in the sound group. Now you have to scroll sometimes through a lot of pages to have acces to the sound you like. My suggestion: increase the number of sound group buttons, and/or increase the number of sounds per page (e.g. 2x10 instead of 2x5)

2) same thing with regard to the rhythm groups

3) 2x midi in and 2x midi out connection

4) An option to change the sounds in the custom rhythm group WITHOUT copying it to the composer and changing it there. This option is available for the normal rhythm groups, but unfortunately not for the custom section (why not ???).

5) Last but not least: a warmer sound. In my opinion, the KN6500 sounds "flat". I don't know if the problem lies in the build in speaker system, or if the sounds are sampled this way. I hope the KN7000 has a warmer sound.

When my wishlist comes true, my new keyboard is a KN7000!

regards, Bart

#64044 - 02/14/02 11:30 AM Re: KN7000: Predictions & Wishlist !
technicsplayer Offline

Hi Bart,
in answer to point 4 - because the composer is the edit suite for the custom.

Hi Gunnar and Larry,
As far as changing the sounds of all variations in the composer - this could easily be done in the mixer, but what happens if you have programmed different sounds in acc 1 of var 1 and acc 1 of var 2? The mixer would have to overwrite all 20 individual sound allocations in each single composer, including those you may wish to keep eg I often use edited drums in the fills to punch through the texture on playback. Maybe the answer is to provide an overall override but with an option switch of how much of the composer you want affected by the change. This would satisfy style converters, who may quickly want to universally change an unsuitable voice that came out of a conversion, but also give the flexibility required by others who want maximum programming advantages.

#64045 - 02/14/02 12:10 PM Re: KN7000: Predictions & Wishlist !
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
I see your point here Alec, but my wish goes
for only the complete drumsets, it would be a
great option to change all in one operation.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online