SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#63984 - 07/20/05 08:19 AM Re: It is said that a lot of KN7000 technology will be used in the new Tyros.
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiay Bill
I suppose the next step once all aural needs are stored with capacity to spare is to consider visual and nasal delights...
Rog
p.s. oops forgot taste and touch, and what about the sixth sense, eh.

#63985 - 07/21/05 02:25 AM Re: It is said that a lot of KN7000 technology will be used in the new Tyros.
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Hi Bill,

I think Audri means something different.
At the moment on the market is a I don't know how the mention it, but it is something from Scandisk what looks like a portable harddisk/ cardreader. with already inbuild cards. I don't see the purpose to buy it for a keyboarder. It's rather expensive and with a cardreader and the possibility of the KN7000 to read sd cards it's a waste of money.
For people who make a lot of pictures or digital films on the road, or who want to take a lot of mp3 with him maybe that thing is a good investment.
rgds.
Willem

#63986 - 07/21/05 09:41 AM Re: It is said that a lot of KN7000 technology will be used in the new Tyros.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Bill.
I must admit to being a little puzzled why the need for a hard drive. I myself prefer a selection of sizes of SD cards. I find them easier to handle.
Regards
Peter B

#63987 - 07/21/05 12:00 PM Re: It is said that a lot of KN7000 technology will be used in the new Tyros.
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Personally, the extra I would like to see is a CD burner built in so I can do everything at one sitting, without having to connect to a computer or burner.

#63988 - 07/23/05 09:33 AM Re: It is said that a lot of KN7000 technology will be used in the new Tyros.
Anonymous
Unregistered

HI BUD.
I WOULD CERTAINLY AGREE WITH THAT.
PETER B : : :

#63989 - 07/23/05 03:29 PM Re: It is said that a lot of KN7000 technology will be used in the new Tyros.
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Bud - did you know that Korg are offering the CD facility for one of their PAX range as an 'optional extra' and as I said I've heard the PAX1 demonstrated and if I do have to change, that'll be the first keyboard I'll go for as it has so many similar features to the KN plus I liked the fact you can overlay as many instruments as you like and if this is done in the "piano" mode (all instruments all over the keyboard) it sounds like a full orchestra the likes of which have to be heard to be believed. Also, a majority of the time, it is just a matter of pressing a button, after a small initial 'tweaking' you just press a button - what you see is what you get!

With regard to the hard drive, I was thinking in terms of our Keyboard Club which is all about sharing thoughts and ideas on improving ourselves. I know we can read etc., but there is nothing like seeing everything illustrated/demonstrated in full is there?

Aud (U.K.)

#63990 - 07/23/05 03:38 PM Re: It is said that a lot of KN7000 technology will be used in the new Tyros.
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Yes Bill, I know there are large SD cards out there but I've been told that generally speaking, you cannot save any more than the 99 folders so there is little point in buying the larger cards, but thinking about it at the moment, there is little point in me buying Sandisks SD card with the built-in reader either. Technology is moving so fast, it is getting to be a case of "can't see wood for trees" if you get my meaning!

Aud (U.K.)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online