SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#63974 - 07/16/05 11:26 AM Re: It is said that a lot of KN7000 technology will be used in the new Tyros.
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I was working for a Roland dealer last year and I know that some people from Technics are now with Roland.

Scott

#63975 - 07/16/05 01:01 PM Re: It is said that a lot of KN7000 technology will be used in the new Tyros.
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
So the new model which can beat the KN7000 will be presented as a 'yamakorgrolanics'
Cees

#63976 - 07/16/05 05:08 PM Re: It is said that a lot of KN7000 technology will be used in the new Tyros.
N9FAL Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
It feels good to be a KN7000 owner.

#63977 - 07/18/05 09:35 AM Re: It is said that a lot of KN7000 technology will be used in the new Tyros.
Kenneth Gundersen Offline

Loc: Lyngdal in Norway

#63978 - 07/19/05 04:24 AM Re: It is said that a lot of KN7000 technology will be used in the new Tyros.
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Any keyboard produced in the future, will have to be something really special, to convince me to part with my KN7000

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#63979 - 07/19/05 10:43 AM Re: It is said that a lot of KN7000 technology will be used in the new Tyros.
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
[B]Any keyboard produced in the future, will have to be something really special, to convince me to part with my KN7000

Willum, What troubles me is the fact that technology does become outdated---and the excitement of a new keyboard with another learning curve is going to be missed.
I to have had a love relationship with Technics keyboards, the Kn2000, Kn6500 and the Kn7000 bought a great deal of excitement and pleasure.

My feelings, John C.

PS,I now have my second Tyros, I sold the first one because it did not compare to my KN7000. I very much like you know quility, and I know what I wish to hear, I am hoping something comes in the future to fill these need/desire.

#63980 - 07/19/05 11:55 AM Re: It is said that a lot of KN7000 technology will be used in the new Tyros.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi All.
My own personal opinion for what it's worth is that the Technics musical instruments had gone as far as it was possible with their sound technology, sd memory, picture integration etc.etc.etc.The only thing that they could inprove on would be the vocal harmony section and if that is what is wanted then it would be just as well to buy a dedicated unit to add on to it. The sounds produced by the KN7000 and heard by the majority of the general listening untrained musical ear of the public at a gig or performance, are not generally interested anyway as long you entertain them. Several times over the last few years the comment has been made as to how much further can keyboard technology go. I think that technics have seen they have taken that technology almost to it's ultimate and in doing so have killed the future market and more importantly to them: FUTURE PROFITABILITY. I have listened all the new keyboards : Korg Roland Yamaha and can honestly state that none of them are any better than the one I have got : the KN7000 : But as the saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Regards to all
PeterB

[This message has been edited by peter.bentley@talk21.com (edited 07-19-2005).]

#63981 - 07/19/05 04:16 PM Re: It is said that a lot of KN7000 technology will be used in the new Tyros.
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I almost completely agree with you Peter - almost!

The next thing I was hoping Technics would do was to incorporate a portable hard drive, preferably a 'plug'in' type, not too large and not too heavy making it easy to transport.

However, if a recent email I received is correct in that Sandisk have, or, are going to market an SD Card with a built-in card reader at a possible 2GBs, this might well do the trick for me. We shall have to wait and see!

Aud (U.K.)

#63982 - 07/20/05 01:54 AM Re: It is said that a lot of KN7000 technology will be used in the new Tyros.
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Quote:
preferably a 'plug'in' type, not too large and not too heavy making it easy to transport.

The sd card (1 mg) will do I tink??

[QUOTE]However, if a recent email I received is correct in that Sandisk have, or, are going to market an SD Card with a built-in card reader at a possible 2GBs, this might well do the trick for me. We shall have to wait and see!

Here in the Netherlands already on the market but a little expensive at the moment.
rgd.
Willem

[/B]

#63983 - 07/20/05 02:27 AM Re: It is said that a lot of KN7000 technology will be used in the new Tyros.
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Audrey,

I'm a bit puzzled
Why would you want to have an external hard disc drive when the 2GB SD Cards you mention, are now available in UK - some example links below. At present, the prices are a bit high - over £100 but even the 1GB card prices are falling. You can buy a 1GB SD Card for less than £50 including VAT
Surely a postage stamp size device, capable of holding such a large amount of KN data, is much more convenient than a portable hard drive
You will be very hard pushed to fill a 2GB card unless of course you wish to save many MP3 files on the card.
Just curious...........
http://www.digiprintuk.com/index.php?cPath=1_16
http://www.cameras2u.com/products/details.cfm?PRODUCT=SDSDH%2D2048%2D902&refer=prr
http://www.digitalera.co.uk/?cat=122
http://www.blueunplugged.com/Products/SanDisk_SD_Cards.aspx

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online