SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#636 - 05/13/03 03:48 PM Re: Keyboard Gigging Amplification
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Morph...
I don't know what to tell you. The single 15" I'm playing thru for both keyboards, handles the highs and the lows just fine. The high end brass (trumpets) come through nice & bright when needed. The bottom ends, including trombones, susa's etc. have got great presence. It also handles any piano work just as well, in addition to whatever organ ie.(B3) I'm replicating. But as I said, it's basically an on stage monitor (from behind) just to give me that "push" on stage, it's routed through our front end by both mic, and line out, where our soundman does his magic from there.
Just my thots.

#637 - 05/14/03 09:47 AM Re: Keyboard Gigging Amplification
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
So many great suggestions. I am actually suffering analysis paralysis. I like the cost and features of the Behrenger B300's, I like the power of the G2'2 or Mackie 450's, I like the portability of the MS KP200, but it only gives me 40 more watts than my current setup, however it does give me another tweeter. I like the idea of a Powered mixer 808S for example running stereo to a pair of speakers, but I foresee carrying around much heavier speakers around.

I can punch up my patches through EQ and Compression, play around with position, but each venue is different especially the outdoor venues.

I think I'm going to have to close my eyes, throw a dart and pick one and go with it and if it doesn't work out, sell/or trade it in for another more suitable setup.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#638 - 05/14/03 09:59 AM Re: Keyboard Gigging Amplification
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
A 10" off axis, a 12" , and a tweeter. That sure seems like an odd combo don't you think? Seems unusuall for a keyboard anyway.
MORPH!

[This message has been edited by Morphamatik (edited 05-11-2003).][/B]

Here is the configuration, check it out: http://www.musiciansnews.com/piano/64/sfx_200_keyboard_amplifier.shtml

REgards,
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online