SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#63602 - 08/01/05 01:21 PM MEMORY
raytaysandy Offline

Loc: united kingdom
HOW CAN I PUT NEW SOUNDS FROM A FLOPPY DISC INTO THE SOUND MEMORY OF THE KN7000,
raytaysandy@supanet.com

#63603 - 08/01/05 04:41 PM Re: MEMORY
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Assuming that the floppy disc has more than just Sounds recorded, insert the floppy disk and in the Disk LOAD screen, go to page 2. Make sure that 'Sound Memory' and 'Effect Memory' are enabled and then press 'LOAD'. If you only want the Sound Memories, and don't wish to overwrite any other settings, then just turn all other options on Page 2 to 'Off'. However, I would tend to leave the Effect Memory On, if it appears to be on, when you load the disk, in case any of the sounds include edited effects.
If you know that the disk only contains Sounds and no other components such as Composer, or Custom files, then just load the disk and the Sound Memory will be updated.

------------------
Willum

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 08-01-2005).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#63604 - 08/02/05 02:39 AM Re: MEMORY
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi there - Further to what Bill said about loading into Sound Memory.

I don't know whether you realise it but Sound memories are "temporary" insofar as if you load another "file" that contains a different Sound Memory setting then it will overwrite the last one.

So two things. If you wish to keep a specific Sound memory then either make sure that when you load "new files" you select page 2 of the Load feature and turn OFF the Sound memory element OR make sure that you keep a "master" of your favourite sounds so that you can "reload" again when required.

If I am telling you something that you already know then I apologise, but I bet there is not one of us that at sometime has spent time putting in settings and then knocked them out because we haven't been aware why!!! Joan

#63605 - 08/02/05 03:34 AM Re: MEMORY
raytaysandy Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by raytaysandy:
HOW CAN I PUT NEW SOUNDS FROM A FLOPPY DISC INTO THE SOUND MEMORY OF THE KN7000,
raytaysandy@supanet.com

thank you for your prompt reply, i only wish to transfer one sound into a numbered spot in the sound memory overwriting an existing
sound.it was easy on the kn 2000, i am not so clever with this kn 7000

#63606 - 08/02/05 04:15 AM Re: MEMORY
technicsplayer Offline

go to page 3 of the load page, select sound memory in the mode field, load from any position in the file to any position in the keyboard memory. Files need to be kn7000 format, if they are not load, then save, then load from the re-saved file.

#63607 - 08/02/05 07:30 AM Re: MEMORY
raytaysandy Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Joan:
Hi there - Further to what Bill said about loading into Sound Memory.

I don't know whether you realise it but Sound memories are "temporary" insofar as if you load another "file" that contains a different Sound Memory setting then it will overwrite the last one.

So two things. If you wish to keep a specific Sound memory then either make sure that when you load "new files" you select page 2 of the Load feature and turn OFF the Sound memory element OR make sure that you keep a "master" of your favourite sounds so that you can "reload" again when required.

If I am telling you something that you already know then I apologise, but I bet there is not one of us that at sometime has spent time putting in settings and then knocked them out because we haven't been aware why!!! Joan

thank you joan what iwish to do isload one
sound without erasing allthe others

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online