SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#6321 - 06/27/03 06:41 AM AHHHH! Need JV-1080 help QUICK!!!!!!!
yyzkid Offline

Loc: West Babylon, NY, USA
I need quick help editing a performance on my guitarist's JV1080. The manual is useless considering I only have a few hours to do what I want.
I want to change the patches assigned to User #16 performance. Right now there's a bass/lead split. I need to redesignate the patches---PRA 057 for the left hand and PRC 036 for the right. I also need to know how to modify the split point. I tried screwing around with it but to no avail! I have a gig tonite and I'm F*****ed if I don't figure this out. Thanks in advance!!!!

#6322 - 06/27/03 07:18 AM Re: AHHHH! Need JV-1080 help QUICK!!!!!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
If you get this message in time - call me at 215-284-1328 and I'll try to help you out. If you catch me at home, I can turn my 1080 on and walk you through he steps.
Dave

#6323 - 06/27/03 07:48 AM Re: AHHHH! Need JV-1080 help QUICK!!!!!!!
yyzkid Offline

Dave,

Thanks for the offer! I won't be at the unit until about 3:30 est. Where are you located, and can I call you at that time? Thanks a BUNCH!!!!

Bill

#6324 - 06/27/03 11:32 AM Re: AHHHH! Need JV-1080 help QUICK!!!!!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

I'm on the East coast in PA. (EST) I will be back at the house around that time, but we are headed to the pool for a bit, so I can't promise that I'll be here. It's so hot outside. If I miss you ...... I'll be around tomorrow again, if that helps.

#6325 - 06/27/03 01:11 PM Re: AHHHH! Need JV-1080 help QUICK!!!!!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Bill's all hooked up !

#6326 - 06/28/03 04:04 PM Re: AHHHH! Need JV-1080 help QUICK!!!!!!!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
UD you really are a standup guy !!!

It sounds like your advice saved the day for Bill. So he got the hang of setting ranges for sounds on the keyboard once you walked him through it ?

#6327 - 06/28/03 10:16 PM Re: AHHHH! Need JV-1080 help QUICK!!!!!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Yup! It took a few tries to remember the routine, but he understand the lingo pretty well, and between us - we figured it out. I was at the pool with my daughters when he called, so we went back to the house, and turned on the rack, and just walked through it - step by step.
I love my 1080. I really do, but I play most of the sounds right out of the box. I have it maxed out with all 4 slots filled.
1.Session
2.Vocal
3.Orchestral
4.Pop
These 4 boards give me almost anything I need for ANY genre of music. Then there's the INTERNAL sounds too ! The only disapointment is the GM drums on the JV line up. I keep a sound canvas around just for that reason, and now that the VA76 is coming on board (no pun intended) my drum sets are ALL hooked up.

#6328 - 06/30/03 05:09 AM Re: AHHHH! Need JV-1080 help QUICK!!!!!!!
yyzkid Offline

Dave,

Thanks again for your help! The gig went GREAT and your assistance enabled me to eliminate one of my boards for the night. I would have had to lug 3 (!) keyboards to that gig if it weren't for you! I just joined this band last week and they were really impressed that I got in touch with someone on the internet and set up a split keyboard performance. We do R&B, Motown, swing and rockabilly so the organ/string patch was really just a utility performance, but I used it all nite. I use my Korg 01/Wfd for horns and piano.

BTW, the band name is "Mongo Kool" (watch for us!) and our drummer is Gary Setzer, brother of Brian Setzer and founding member of the Stray Cats. Gary really knows how to put on a show! He did a drum solo and came out from behind his stand-up kit and started banging on anything he could get his sticks on...tables, beer bottles, the barback's bucket of ice....the crowd went nuts!

Thanks again, Dave, I owe you a beer!

Bill

#6329 - 06/30/03 06:13 PM Re: AHHHH! Need JV-1080 help QUICK!!!!!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Glad to help Bill. Post a sample of the band if you can !

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online