SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#63275 - 11/10/03 07:47 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Alec,
awesome. The "velocity switch" sound edit is amazing on the guitars. At first I couldn't work out where the fret & thump noises were coming from as they didn't have their own accompaniment part . I then realized they were coming from the strumming guitar part itself.
So I checked the sound edit. Sure nuff, someones been doing some pretty tricky sound editing, Wonder who ???? ( haa haa)
Actually the guitar parts would make some pretty amazing pads.

I personally don't use a great deal in the way of Rock & Modern Dance styles ( even though I've bought & collected them over the years). Having said that, the Modern Dance styles have some amazing sounds. The ballads are really lovely and will come in handy and the strumming styles are great.

I'm off, back to the keyboard and the sound edits ( one's never too old to learn something new).

thank you
best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
have a listen to the strumming guitars and some of the new synth effects in the styles

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#63276 - 11/11/03 09:16 AM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
technicsplayer Offline

Hi Rikki,
the strumming guitars were first seen on one of the score in the screen/slideshow/composer demos that came on the cd enclosed with the 'Getting The Most From Your KN7000' book.

#63277 - 11/11/03 09:31 AM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Alec.. Is there a comparable 'strumming guitar' sound for the kn6000 ?
thnx,
t.

#63278 - 11/11/03 09:59 AM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Just been playing through Vols 1, 2 and 3 of the Kn2600 Custom styles for the 7000 downloaded from the Technics site a couple of days ago. Now I know you can fool some of the people some of the time but apart from one, these 45 styles were to me just plain rubbish,and would have been a complete put off if they had been on the 7000. I can only assume that the 2600 is a scaled down version of the 7000 aimed at the younger musically illiterate end of the market. Having said all that, some of the intros and endings were interesting and there were some great and clever edited sounds and effects.
I've just re-visited the Technics site and these styles have been deleted with a note saying that the Kn2600 styles for Kn7000 are currently unavailable. I wonder why....
My interest is in jazz/swing and some Latin, mainly bossa nova, and I don't understand why some of these styles were duplicated from the Kn6/6500. If Technics programmers have run out of inspiration, I would suggest they listen to the drum/bass of the likes of say Oscar Peterson and Dudley Moore.
Is it worth my while downloading the Kn SD Card Patterns Library for the 7000 or is this more of the garage, hip hip, rock rubbish?
Incidentaly there was talk on the forum a little while back when Alec mentioned there was something great coming out from Technics for the 7000. Any news of this Alec?
Ogre.
PS Feel much better for getting this orf my chest. Nothing like stirring the pot ;}

#63279 - 11/11/03 12:02 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Alec,
how embarressing ( haahaa), I must have missed that. Better get the cd back out and check it out.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
Hi Rikki,
the strumming guitars were first seen on one of the score in the screen/slideshow/composer demos that came on the cd enclosed with the 'Getting The Most From Your KN7000' book.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#63280 - 11/11/03 12:15 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by ogre:
Just been playing through Vols 1, 2 and 3 of the Kn2600 Custom styles for the 7000 downloaded from the Technics site a couple of days ago. Now I know you can fool some of the people some of the time but apart from one, these 45 styles were to me just plain rubbish,and would have been a complete put off if they had been on the 7000. I can only assume that the 2600 is a scaled down version of the 7000 aimed at the younger musically illiterate end of the market. Having said all that, some of the intros and endings were interesting and there were some great and clever edited sounds and effects.
I've just re-visited the Technics site and these styles have been deleted with a note saying that the Kn2600 styles for Kn7000 are currently unavailable. I wonder why....
My interest is in jazz/swing and some Latin, mainly bossa nova, and I don't understand why some of these styles were duplicated from the Kn6/6500. If Technics programmers have run out of inspiration, I would suggest they listen to the drum/bass of the likes of say Oscar Peterson and Dudley Moore.
Is it worth my while downloading the Kn SD Card Patterns Library for the 7000 or is this more of the garage, hip hip, rock rubbish?
Incidentaly there was talk on the forum a little while back when Alec mentioned there was something great coming out from Technics for the 7000. Any news of this Alec?
Ogre.
PS Feel much better for getting this orf my chest. Nothing like stirring the pot ;}

You would do well to get your facts right when making a statement because you are wrong to say that the KN2600 styles for KN7000 have been deleted because that is incorrect, the reason being they have yet to be put up & have not been available period.also just because you don't like the modern rhythms does not necessarily mean that they are rubbish.
Some people are never satisfied you get something for nothing & all you want to do is slag them off.
I don't particularly like everything that comes with the KN
but then it would be a bit boring if all that was in the box was the sort of styles that you promote
The pot simmers

#63281 - 11/11/03 01:00 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Ogre,
I'm only guessing, but I would say that these styles are new to the kn2600.
I had a brief play on kn26 a few weeks back, and I noted at the time that there were a number of styles I had never heard before modern ones like rock, pop etc, . The rest sounded very familiar ie the jazz, latin etc. The kn26 on the whole, still seemed to have an overall mix of styles similar to what the kn7 has.
The KN7 itself has a mix of styles including rock, pop, modern dance ( most of which I hardly use, either) but I suppose they have to have them for the players that do.
(an old saying springs to mind " one man's trash is another man's treasure" )

Personally I thought it was great that the trouble was taken to convert these styles for use on the kn7, no mean feat as a lot of time would have been spent on sound edits etc. Even though I doubt I'll get much use from the Rock & Modern Dance styles, the ballads are really nice & useable, and the strumming styles, intriguing..

On a different note, I for one, would be happy if technics programmers on future keyboards would cut down on the number of modern inbuilt styles & give us additional new Latin, Jazz & Swing, Movie, Easy Listening type styles, and put the more modern styles in the custom memory/sd card, where you have the option keeping them in the custom memory, or loading something else over the top of them.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ogre:
[

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 11-11-2003).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#63282 - 11/11/03 01:14 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Alec.. Is there a comparable 'strumming guitar' sound for the kn6000 ?
thnx,
t.

afraid not, these were first created on the 7000.

#63283 - 11/11/03 01:44 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
According to Alec, this site isn't ready yet. With that in mind we should wait until it's finished before doing any downloading and commenting.

EX: The KN2600 has 170 rhythms patterns. The website listed 3 disk sets, 20+20+5=45, what happened to other 125? Because the site isn't finished, it could mean there's more to follow or it could mean the other 125 are already on prior models and no need to repeat these. I'm pretty sure when this is all done there will be explanations.

I think it's great that, that site is getting activity, but since it's not finished as of yet, lets wait until it is before jumping in the swimming pool with not enough water in it.

Anthony

#63284 - 11/11/03 04:11 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
It just goes to show you that "You can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time".
It has always been like that and,I guess, always will be.
I agree with Rikki in that I would like more easy going and dance band styles native to the keyboard. I believe that the keyboard should reflect the use of the standards of music that have been proven with time.
In the past, there have been all kinds of experimental and "modern" type music and little of it has suvived the test of time. Some of the current 'noise' will stay, but most will fade slowly fade away to be replaced with something else "new".
Through all this, you can be sure that the "Old Standards" will still still be around and will be popular.
Just my thoughts,
Walt

[This message has been edited by Walt Meyer (edited 11-11-2003).]

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online